Lordi

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I have been a fan of Lordi ever since they won the Eurovision contest in 2006. The song they won with was "Hard Rock Hallelujah". It quickly became one of my favorite songs of all time. They have a very interesting gimmick in the way they dress up like monsters for their performances. It intimidates some, while others find it a fun novelty to add to the great music. They have several songs that are both heavy and catchy at the same time. I got a copy of their cd "The Arockalypse" before it was even released here in the states because my mother just happened to be over in Sweden visiting family while the Eurovision contest was going on and I requested a copy of the cd. Every track on it is awesome, even first track which is just a silly news report skit featuring a cameo by Dee Snider. Not a single skippable track. They are a very underrated group, and I'd like to see what the rest of you think about Lordi.

So what are your thoughts on this band? Do you like them or not? What is your favorite song by them and why?

If you haven't heard "Hard Rock Hallelujah" yet, here is your chance:

[YOUTUBE]iCGkP8Oqy0o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Discuss!

I love Lordi. They're not a "good" band, but they're insanely entertaining and funny in a dark way. I love the theatrics of their performances and harmony in their music. They're just pure fun and twisted humor, and all of their songs are really catchy.

Aside from the obvious ones, my favorite Lordi songs would have to be Shotgun Divorce, The Deadite Girls Gone Wild, or Deadache. They're really catchy and fun, and Deadache is creepy in its own way, considering it's about Ed Gein.

Unfortunately, this is another band I know very little about. As most other people, I first saw them on Eurovision and they were a breath of fresh air to what is usually a very shit array of groups. I was so pleased that they won, it was a triumph for metal.

"Hard Rock Hallelujah" is an extremely catchy song, and I really like it. I have since then only heard one other Lordi track, which is as good as HRH and that track is "Blood Red Sandman". It is a very similar style track, so I ask you Dias....is this the usual Lordi type song? Are most of their songs in this style?

[YOUTUBE]tkw4jhDE1eQ[/YOUTUBE]

I really should listen to some more Lorfi. I think of them as a similar type band to Fozzy. Talented musicians who will always be thought of as a less-than-serious band, but are enjoyable to listen to.

Do you have any tips for good Lordi tracks?

"Hard Rock Hallelujah" is an extremely catchy song, and I really like it. I have since then only heard one other Lordi track, which is as good as HRH and that track is "Blood Red Sandman". It is a very similar style track, so I ask you Dias....is this the usual Lordi type song? Are most of their songs in this style?

Basically. Nearly all of their songs fall into the catchy and heavy style. That is part of why I like the band so much. For me the catchier and heavier a track is, the more I tend to like it. They are a very underrated band. You'd think that they would be more successful than they are due to the quality of their music combined with their monster outfit gimmick that sets them apart some from the rest.

Do you have any tips for good Lordi tracks?

Pretty much anything from Arockalypse or Get Heavy is awesome. I in particular enjoy these: They Only Come Out At Night, Would You Love a Monsterman, Mr Evilove, Devil Is a Loser, and of course Hard Rock Hallelujah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back