5 Bands and Songs or Albums

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Ok, so I have seen top 5 and 10 bands threads. If this seems too similar to those threads, by all means delete it.

That being said, what are your top 5 bands or artists, but I also want to know your favorite song from them. If it is too hard to choose just one song, you can choose your favorite album.

1. So my favorite band of all time is definitely Linkin Park.:worship: The first time I heard them was when I was in 6th grade, around the time Hybrid Theory came out. Their sound was awesome, and I was instantly hooked by them. I think the first song was Crawling, and I was like fuck, yes I swore when I was 11 haha, this rules. It is too difficult to choose just one song, let alone album, because all of them rule. But I think I have to go with In The End, it was just simply the best song I had heard the first time it touched my ears, and it still rocks everytime I listen.

2. Coming in 2nd is The Offspring. In previous threads I mentioned that I came into The Offspring late, in 04 during Splinter's run. There are 2 songs from them that are my absolute favorites, but since I don't want to fuck up my own thread, I must say that the Noose is my favorite song from The Offspring. I can't not listen to this song when I am in listening to music. It is always there, and will continue to be.

3. Disturbed is just awesome, and it also helps that they are from Chicago that I mark out hard for them. For a long time, it was a tie between Stupify and Stricken. Both are amazing, and are always playing in my head or on my computer, since my ipod is broken. But the song that took over that is Deceiver. I don't know what it is about the song, maybe the fact that it is about a bad relationship, but the sound and lyrics just hit me hard and I love the song.

4. Now this is my favorite song of all time, but Lordi only ranks in 4th or 5th on my list of favorite bands. In previous posts, people have seen that I love the song Blood Red Sandman. The first time I saw the video was in my computer class in school, I was just looking through Lordi videos, looking for newer badass songs. I clicked on this and after the video I was like Holy Shit, that was quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever heard. :headbanger:

5. Spineshank and Lordi are interchangeable between 4 and 5, but because Blood Red Sandman is my favorite song, I gave 4 to Lordi. Spineshank is one of those bands I don't think a whole hell of a lot of people know about. The first time I heard them was in the opening credits to Freddy vs. Jason, and I was like this is some good stuff. Then one day I stumbled upon the song Smothered, and just the beat of the song, and the way Jonny Santos sings it, I had to keep listening to it, and easily listened to it 100 times in a week.

So what are your thoughts?

Good thread :thumbsup:

1. Godsmack - Now Or Never

I've made no secret that Godsmack is my favorite band of all time, and for so many reasons. Not only does their music just flat out rock, but it's helped me a lot over the years. Now Or Never was never released as a single, and is rarely played live, but it's just a great song to listen to. The lyrics are amazing, and the music is great for any kind of day.

2. In This Moment - He Said Eternity

Again, it's no secret that they're up there on my list. I've ****ed them out as much as possible on here, and I'll continue to do so here. So many of their songs have a lot of meaning to me, but this one has the most. It's a song I've dedicated to my son, and the lyrics are among the best I've heard in a while. The music is very well written, and the emotion behind the vocals is something that hits you as you listen.

3. All That Remains - From These Wounds

They have a lot of songs that I love, and it's hard to pick one favorite, so I'll pick the one that not many people might have heard. From These Wounds is a great song musically, and yet again, the lyrics are just great. As a total package, it's probably their best song, if not my absolute favorite.

4. Walls Of Jericho - Revolution Never Goes Out Of Style

I can go on, and on, and on, about how amazing this band is, but I won't. This song may not be their best musically, but you won't find better, more powerful, lyrics from them. This song is absolutely killer live, and they put on one of the ebst shows I've ever seen.

5. Guns 'N' Roses - Estranged

This was the first band that I ever liked, and they still hold a place in my heart. This song might be considered the nail in the coffin of the band as we knew it, but it's still one of my favorites ever, from any band. The music works really well throughout the whole song, and the lyrics are very under-rated.

I like this thread!

1) Savatage
Not as well known as a lot of the other bands from their era, Savatage was one of the first hard rock/heavy metal bands I ever heard fuse classical music into a rock sound. Sadly, their most well-known song was an instrumental off of the Dead Winter Dead cd called Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24), which is better known when it was re-released as Carol of the Bells on their first Trans-Siberian Orchestra cd. Yes, Savatage went on to become TSO. My favorite song by them is off of the Handful of Rain cd though, and its called Chance. I'll include it here:
[youtube]TboNW5AiHA8[/youtube]

2) Disturbed
You already did an excellent job discussing Disturbed, but I'll add a little here. I have been hooked on Disturbed since the first time I heard Stupify. I can not find a single song on the Sickness that doesn't completely own everything else that was out at the time, but I think my favorite song by them is Run, off of Indestructible. I just love the lyric "I've spent a lifetime planning out your destruction.." Great song to listen to when I'm angry about something.

3) Guns N Roses
The band that changed hair metal. There's not a whole lot that can be said about GNR, they were quite simply the best. My favorite song by them would be Coma. This song helped me through a very tough time in my life when I was a teenager.

4) Black Sabbath
The Grandfathers of Heavy Metal, this band was unlike anything anyone had ever heard before, and they were influential on so many artists that came after them. Paranoid is an easy choice for my favorite song, as it symbolizes the classic Sabbath sound. Truthfully though, you can't go wrong with a Black Sabbath song.

5) The Eagles
Much mellower than my other four choices, the Eagles are another band that just never put out a bad song. My favorite will always be Wasted Time. Reminds me a lot of my first marriage...
[youtube]u58C1ZTT0-I[/youtube]

Excellent thread

Soundgarden: Badmotorfinger
Amazing Album, so many great songs. This album was more heavy then their later releases so thats probably why I like it. Superunknown is my second favorite.

Pearl Jam: Ten
Simply put every track on the album is great. I can listen to this album so many times and not get tired of it. Favorite track would probably be either Black or the b-side Brother(the original version, not the 2009 version)

Nirvana: In Utero
While I love Bleach and Nevermind, In Utero just pretty much put Nirvana down in history as one of the greatest bands. It expands their musicial style and it sounds amazing. Favorite track would probably be All Apologies

Alice In Chains: Self-titled
Even though they didn't tour to support the album, it was still a success. This album had so many great tracks like Grind, and Heaven Beside You

Disturbed: Believe
I'm a pretty big Disturbed fan so I've got to say that Believe is simply their best album they have released to date. The reason I chose this album is because Believe is IMO their most experimental record. With the Sickness it was primarily Nu-Metal which was huge at the time so not to experimental. Ten Thousand Fists was probably my least favorite record but Indestructible has to be my second favorite album. Favorite song, the title-track, Believe.

These are in no particular order because it's too hard to put them in an order. Haha, here they are anyways:

Smashing Pumpkins Disarm
I love this song and have always had it close by in my car, mp3 player or my computer. The song is one of their best for me because of how fun it is to play on guitar and listen too loud or quiet background music. The lyrics are great and the film clip is really different. I love the Pumpkins and this was hard to pick just one so I'll throw a couple of my other favs in as a reference. Bullet with Butterfly Wings, 1979, Tonight Tonight, Today and Ava Adore are all fucking awesome as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ6v6Obpnbk

The Used: Buried Alive
I love the Used and this is my favourite song by them. It's what got me into them and now that they've gone a bit poppy it's so good to go back and listen to their older stuff like this and Maybe Memories etc. The Used are a sick band and Bert McCrackin is a freakin awesome screamer. I love their sound (for the most part, as I said they're a bit poppy these days) and their older stuff is always great to go back and chuck on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPGHXpyN_pU

Nirvana: Something in the way
This was REALLY hard to pick just one. Smells like Teen Spirit got me into them but when I heard Cobain's voice in Something in the Way I was in awe. His lyrics and style of singing carry the song and I could listen to it for hours!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXklXx08MI

Parkway Drive: Smoke em if ya got em
I love Parkway, they are fucking sick live too. They're an Aussie hardcore band that can really rip it up. This is the song that got me into them, fucking awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usTgw-7XfM

Eminem: Stan
This was mega hard to choose coz he has so much good shit to listen too. Lose Yourself, Cleaning out my Closet, Without Me, The Real Slim Shady, Yellowbrick Road, Mockingbird, Hayley, When I'm Gone.... Etc etc. The list goes on. His new album Relapse was sick IMO and I'm so pumped he's back. Can't wait for the 2nd album later in the year. I put Stan as my fav coz I remember the first time I heard it I was totally transfixed in the story he was telling and was completely into it. Before I'd bought the CD i used to wait all day for it to come on the radio hahaha, awesome song. I loved his MTV performance of it with Elton John too, classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYi8ZvbyGrI

Well they are my choices, hopefully there's some there you guys enjoy as well.

Well since I've already started the Top Ten, hell I'll reply in this thread as well.

1. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Mr. Bill Collecta
Love this song, it's always been a favorite of mine when it comes to Bone. Now I had a real hard time choosing just one song from them because 1st of Tha Month is right up there with Mr. Bill Collecta. Both songs stress the struggle coming up and trying to make it somewhere, where Mr. Bill Collecta stresses trying to pay the bills but ya can't, while 1st of Tha Month is all about finally getting that check where you got a little money in your pocket. The flows are incredible on both and have that awesome harmony the Thugs bring.

2. Tech N9ne - Absolute Power Fucking awesome song, this is one of those hip hop songs where its hard and gritty, yet at the same time can get the whole bar or club jumpin. It's ridiculous how much fire Tech brings to this song and has always gotten me pumped up.

3. South Park Mexican - Riddla On The Roof I rate this as SPM's best song in a plethora of amazing tracks from him. This song had it all, awesome beat, awesome hook, amazing lyrics, gritty and hard, and to add it all together, it has an awesome rhythm to it.

4. Chamillionaire - Standing Ovation I like this song the best from Cham because it has described a good portion of my life recently to the T. He flows about how no one had respect for him or gave him the time of day when he was down and was struggling to make it. Now that he's made it, all these same people are coming up all of a sudden interested in him. Same shit has been happening to me, so it really speaks to my current life status.

5. RZA - Long Time Comin This was off his most recent Bobby Digital album, but I love the beat to the song, and RZA always has awesome lyrics and wordplay wrapped around the beat he creates. This is the epitome of why the RZA has always been a favorite of mine, not only can he create the awesome beat for the song, but he's got the lyrical and flowing abilities to match is own beat and create an epic song.

Ty, I apologize for making this similar to your top 10, and I thank you for posting, as well as everyone else.

Now onto business, this thread has failed because I have failed. I started this thread last week and a 3 days later I remembered a band that should be there but isn't and I was like fuuuuuuck. I got caught up in favorite songs so in that regard I failed. Hopefully I can fix that and make up for it.

First 3 are the same, so I won't get into it too much. Linkin Park, The Offspring, and Disturbed. Lordi is slipping to number 5. As for who is number 4, here we go...

4. Papa Roach. Should have been in here to begin with but a lapse in judgement had me forget them. They have rocked since their first album, and all of their songs are pretty solid. My favorite song from them is Between Angels and Insects. The sound and rhythm to the song caught my ear one night when I was just listening to my music on my computer, and I have loved the song ever since. Plus the lyrics "Fuck your money, fuck your possessions, fuck your obsessions, I don't need that shit" is really cool to hear. Probably my favorite part of the song, because I never hear anyone ever say stuff like that. Fuck money? Hell I am happy as fuck when it is payday at work.

Eminem - Beautiful

I'm a massive fan of Eminem, he's by far and away my favourite artist of all time. He's done so many classic songs (Stan, Lose Yourself, Cleaning Out My Closet just to name a few) and it's really hard to pick the one song of his I like best. But I'm going with Beautiful, simply because it's so meaningful and in my opinion, it's the best song he's done since Lose Yourself. You can tell he wrote this entirely on his own. He is being surprisingly open about his private life and the shit he's gone through over the last few years. It's my favourite song of 2009 so far and it's one of my favourite songs of the decade.

3 Doors Down - Here Without You (Acoustic)

I can't say much about this, other than it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. An iconic song that I think 9 out of 10 people have heard at least once in their lives. And I bet the majority would agree when I say that this song is incredible.

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream, Aim & Fire

I love Bullet, their an awesome band and alot of their stuff is great. But the reason why I've chosen this above any of their others is simply because when I saw them live last year, they opened the show with this... and I've never felt goosebumps like it! I remember screaming the lyrics at the top of my voice and going crazy as hell. An awesome moment! Infact lemme show you...

[youtube]a4NWbw9x9a8[/youtube]

Limp Bizket - Build A Bridge

The forgotten Limp Bizket song that no-one really took much notice of. This is actually my favourite song of their's, even more so than Rollin' and My Way. Great lyrics and one of the few songs where Fred Durst displayed that he actually is a pretty good singer.

MGMT - Time To Pretend

A hugely popular song from probably the biggest rising band of 2008. I first heard this at the end of the second series of Skins and because it was so catchy, I immediately fell in love with it.

Good Thread

In Flames - Take this life - Great metal song, high tempo pounding chorus and fairly catchy. Started listening to them around high school and they just keep getting better. My band perform quite a few IN flames covers actually

[Youtube]O1FkbvGl-IU[/Youtube]

All that Remains - Two Weeks -
I actually started listening to these after playing guitar hero. Suprisingly upbeat lyrics for a metal band

[Youtube]Hrtzt3BHXiI[/Youtube]

In this moment - Forever What can i say, the singer has an incredible voice and is amazingly hot

[Youtube]eecFm2iRo7Q[/Youtube]

Trivium - Like Light to Flies Another band i've been listening to since high school, the crusade was a bit of a disappointment after ascendency but there back to form with shogun

[Youtube]ie0L02QCcZc[/Youtube]

Iron maiden - RainMaker Simply the greatest British metal band ever. Memorable riffs, catchy songs, amazing live stage presence and Bruce Dickinson is a qulified pilot

[Youtube]enTPV_wkKbA[/Youtube]

Theres my 5, i welcome any comments and criticisms....

My Top 5 Songs
1) Soundgarden- Pretty Noose
This song just has an epic feel to it. The intro with the wah is super cool, and the solo kicks ass despite being somewhat short. I love the chorus, the verses, I just love that song. So unbelievably good.
2) Metallica- One
Until a few weeks ago, I would've said Creeping Death was the best Metallica song, but recently I became a little obsessed with One. It's a phenominal song, with terrifying lyrics about a fate worse than death. The guitar work is top notch as can always be expected from Metallica, and I don't need to talk about the solo because I think everyone knows how good it is.
3) Nirvana- Pennyroyal Tea
In Utero is in my opinion much better than Nevermind (Not that Nevermind is bad), and this song has always stood out for me. There's so much emotion in Cobain's voice, normally I thought of him as a subpar singer who got by as a phenominal song writer, but his voice is really good here. The song is filled with discontent and unhappiness, and it just succeeds at getting it's message across.
4) Soundgarden- Jesus Christ Pose
Probably Soundgarden's fastest, angriest song. The bass and drums are franticly fast, and it makes the song seem urgent. Cornell is the best singer of all time, and his trademark howling screams are in full effect here. Just a fantasic, chaotic song.
5) Mastodon- Colony of Birchmen
The song that got me hooked on Mastodon. Just an indescribable song. The vocals are weird, they've got a really cool flat pitch to them, until the "My heart" section, where they fly above the rest of the music. Interesting riff and cool solo that almost sounds bagpipe-ish. Really amazing song, I never get tired of it.

In this moment - Forever What can i say, the singer has an incredible voice and is amazingly hot

[Youtube]eecFm2iRo7Q[/Youtube]

You got rep for this. I'm the biggest ITM fan on here, and possibly in the USA. Forever is definitely a great song, but I highly recommend checking out the first album as well. There's some heavier stuff, and she does some great screaming. They also play in Europe and Asia a lot, so if they're near you, see them live. It's a great show.

If you don't want to go out and get the whole first album, at least check out Next Life, Ashes, Circles, and Prayers.

1) Smashing Pumpkins- Mayonaise

What can I say about this song... Utterly amazing. Everything from the lyrics to the screeching noise made by the second hand guitar just fits so well together. And the lyrics are some of Corgan's most beautiful. Even the chord progression is unique, there's never been one quite like it. Add in Iha's awesome guitar playing and what you get is my favourite song ever.

[YOUTUBE]4-swlx9z2O0[/YOUTUBE]

2) Muse - Dead Star
Quite simply the greatest riff I've ever heard. Bar none. This song doesn't get enough appreciation from Muse fans, people usually talk about Plug in Baby or Knights of Cydonia in terms of Bellamy's best riff. But this is his best ever guitar work in my opinion. Then there's the lyrics, which are some of his
best and the epic chorus...

[YOUTUBE]eWo6jvZpbls[/YOUTUBE]

3) Radiohead- Jigsaw Falling Into Place
I know this is an odd choice. Everyone always goes on about how good Creep, Just, No Suprises etc.. are. I love those albums more, but I love this song more. In my opinion, some of the best stuff Thom Yorke has ever done. And that's saying something. Oh and also, they're not depressing!!

[YOUTUBE]GoLJJRIWCLU[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, this is where I start to get not entirely sure about my choices. I'm only certain about my favourite 3 bands... But oh well.

4) Nine Inch Naills- We're In This Together
Again, this is a case of liking one song from an album that's bad, my favourite NIN album is definately not The Fragile. But I love this song, it's so passionate. I guess you could say that about any Nine Inch Nails song. But just wait till that chorus and feel yourself get totally lost in it. This only just narrowly beat out A Warm Place

[YOUTUBE]8BTKnD4R_g8&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

5) Jeff Buckley- Hallelujah
Well, what can I say about this song. Simply gorgeous. Cohen's version is decent, but Buckley made this song into a "Where were you when you first heard it?" kinda song. Amazing.

[YOUTUBE]AratTMGrHaQ&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

In no particular order:

3 Doors Down-- Let Me Go (Acoustic)

I was toward the end of my semester, and reaching the dregs of the stipend I get from the school for my scholarships. I only really had $100 to last me a month, but I sprang for this album on iTunes. Fucking awesome, there's a reason I love 3 Doors Down. Really all the songs were incredible on the album, but this was the best.

[youtube]IqYQXPPL9hI[/youtube]

The Fray-- Say When

The Fray. Top of the top, for me. What? I have a soft spot for piano/soft rock. I'm a touchy-feely liberal hippie. Xfear without the seering rage. ;)
I loved their first album, specifically Over My Head (Cable Car) and How To Save A Life. When their second album came out, I immediately ran to my dorm after Cal 2 and downloaded the album from iTunes. Collector's Edition and all. My favorite song from that album, and close overall from this band, was Say When. The epitome of what a piano rock song should be, really.

[youtube]WNiNHsYqd40[/youtube]

Barenaked Ladies-- It's All Been Done Before

This is what the Barenaked Ladies are. All of their songs are great, playful songs. Top of the line from them, and this just happens to be my favorite song from them.

[youtube]_wI-DX8kRxs[/youtube]

Coheed and Cambria-- No World For Tomorrow

Fucking hell. When I'm not listening to my touchy-feely piano rock, I'm listening to Coheed and Cambria. Their 3 albums are all excellent. I like their 3rd the best, though. It's got a universal feeling of "It's the end of the world. Let's get pumped and fight for this shit." This is the first proper length song of the album (behind the fitting opener that is The Reaping) and it opens the rest of the album perfectly. I listen to this song and just wanna go outside and fuck something up. Or just go running. Tis why I listen to it on my headphones while I'm mowing my hella hill lawn, I 'spose.

[youtube]kI9UUKrbe3U[/youtube]

Korn featuring Amy Lee-- Freak on a Leash (Unplugged)

I love Korn. I'm rather eclectic with my musical tastes, it would seem. Korn is awesome, and when I heard they were having an Unplugged episode on MTV, I marked for the weeks leading up to it, the entire hour it was on TV and the reruns, then the weeks afterward. Korn is amazing enough by themselves. But then they chose to do Freak On A Leash with Amy Lee, my favorite female singer. I don't very much like her music, there are things both better and worse than Evanesence. But her musical chops are amazing. I sat staring at the TV the entire time she was on. MTV fucking censored them, but what can you do?

[youtube]YNxbCK8SaA8[/youtube]

Edited because I'm a coding noob.

Sorry if this is long, but I didn't want to leave too many out.

Atmosphere - Saves The Day: Great hip-hop group that is just now getting some exposure.

The Killers - Mr. Brightside: When I first heard them (Somebody Told Me), I was like, "Yeah, they're pretty good", but this song made me love their music; my favorite band today.

Sublime - Santeria: Great band, great song. Nothing more to say.

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World: Something about this song, I don't know what it is, but I love it. By far my favorite song of theirs.

We Are Scientists - It's A Hit: They aren't as well known as these others, but they're more than worth checking out. This is probably their best song, and it also has a good video.

Muse - Time Is Running Out: The first I had ever heard of them, and it made me love their stuff.

MGMT - Kids: It was either this or Electric Feel, but I went with this one. This song is just pure fun.

Eminem - Infinite: Crazy ass rhymes in this song, if you ever hear it. Still one of the best rappers around.

Minus The Bear - Knights: Great, great song from one of the best indie bands.

Kings Of Leon - The Bucket: Fast paced, full of energy, with a few great riffs thrown in.

Great idea.. in no particular order...

Avenged Sevenfold- Chapter Four- Great Sound, I love the melody and rhythm, lyrics express a story (Cain and Abel), I just find the song very enjoyable and well written.

Three Days Grace- Animal I Have Become- I know, their most popular song. That being said, I love everything about it. This is my "sound". It has great bass, great guitar, intriguing throughout, and perfectly fitting vocally. I love this song.

Nirvana- Heart Shaped Box- So many to choose from, I arrive at their best. Great lyrics, Kurt sounds great in this, and has a very nice sound to it.

Green Day- Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Could have went Longview, Basket Case, or Holiday just as easily, but this is my favorite. Catchy, performed well, (again) my favorite musical sound. I enjoy the song throughout, and has a great video for it.

Linkin Park- Breaking the Habit- Nice meaning to the song, different sound to it, catchy lyrics.

5. Guns n' Roses-November Rain Actually November Rain is my favourite song so Guns n' Roses have to have a spot on the list. Other than Axl being a prick and the new album being terrible I just find this band great. Slash's solos may not be the MOST amazing but they have a certain.. charm to them. I find them to be really beautiful and they make the songs great. Use Your Illusion I and II are collectively one of my favourite albums ever and GNR comes in at Number 5.

4. Red Hot Chili Peppers-On The Bridge Say what you want, I love RHCP. Whether it is their fun songs or their softer songs like On The Bridge doesn't really matter. They have great, catchy songs and I love them.

3. Pink Floyd-Hey You Probably the weirdest band of all time, but Pink Floyd are amazing. I could just drift away with their albums and they're a great band. Hey You is a great song with an awesome solo and some very strange lyrics. Just the way I like it. I enjoy just putting my iPod on shuffle in the Pink Floyd section since every song just has a special place for me.

2. Eminem-Beautiful I actually hate rap completely, but for Eminem... well, I don't. There's something different about his music and ever since I decided to download a few of his songs a couple months ago I've become obsessed. Songs like Mockingbird, Stan and When I'm Gone have incredible lyrics and the funnier songs like The Real Slim Shady and Just Lose It are stupid as hell but I love them. My favourite song, however, is Beautiful off his new album. It's just so... beautiful. From the Paul Rodgers intro to the moral ending it's just great. I haven't stopped listening to this song since I downloaded it and it's one of my favs.

The Beatles-Across the Universe My favourite band ever. They just have the best songs in the world and every album can be listened from start to finish, every time. At first I only liked songs like I Am The Walrus or I Want You, but I've recently realized how great their early stuff is and songs like Hold Me Tight and All My Loving are some of my favourites. Above all though is Across the Universe. This song, as I've said many times before, is just so perfect and beautiful. I drift away with this song. It makes me just think about better things and helps me when I'm feeling down. I honestly think this will always be my favourite song.

5- Coldplay- Strawberry Swing: this is the one song I would put on back when I had free time between classes at college. What I would do is play it the second people walked out of the buildings, and I would just have philosophical thoughts at a blinding rate.

4- RCHP- Snow (hey oh): This song is one of the best songs they got out there apart form Can't Stop and Californication.

3-Radiohead- 15 Step: yeah, I heard it on the Twilight ending credits, at the behest of my ex. She's a huge fan of the movies, but I got hooked on Radiohead since Creep. It's actually a damn good song.

2- The Killers- Spaceman: It shares the distinction of being my co-favorite band. this song is an example of how Brandon Flower's mind can work.

Top favorite one!!

1- Arctic Monkeys- Balaclava: Somehow, I got ahold of the Arctic Monkeys across the pond and had a markout moment for them. I've listened to both their albums, and seriously hope I'm somewhere they decided to do a tour on. This song is badass!
Honorable mentions:
Muse-New Born, Blackout, Supermassive Black Hole, Hysteria, etc.
The Hives- The Stomp lol. I heard this on RocknRolla and loved it.

Three Days Grace:
Umm yeah there my favorite band. I like a lot of there songs but my favorite album from them is OneX. Three Days Grace just kicks ass, LONG LIVE GRUNGE!

Nirvana:
Ha-ha what can I say? Nirvana just rocks man. One of the best bands ever! My fave song from them is My Heart Shaped Box.

Escape The Fate:
Yeah can any one see a patern? Lol Escape The Fate is one of the best punk rock bands ever and there first lead is in jail! Thats how hardcore they are LOL. And my fave song from them is Situations.

AC/DC:
Legendary and the best band off all time! 'Nuff said. My fave song from them is Back In Black.

Black Sabbath:
A historic band with over 20 members in total! They sang one of the most well known songs Iron Man! And my fave song by them is well Iron Man lol.

Three Days Grace:
Umm yeah there my favorite band. I like a lot of there songs but my favorite album from them is OneX. Three Days Grace just kicks ass, LONG LIVE GRUNGE!

I like 3DG; I own both of their albums and they've got a few really kickass songs, but in no way shape or form are they grunge.

As well as write y favourite band, and a faourite song, I will also writethe album its from, from 5 to 1.

This can sometimes be a little hard, but Number 1 will neverchange.

5. Deep Purple - Now these are an Immense band with some awesome songs. Of course, a lot of people would consider Ian Gillan, the better vocalist in Deep Purple, but then David Coverdale (my favourite singer) is also a great vocalist, and singers like Joe Lynn Turner and Rod Evans (first) have also been in the band. But of course, conisdering the Key Board playing of Jon Lord and the Technical and awesome Drumming of Ian Paice and Bass of Roger Glover its an awesome band, Rock On!!!, Anya - The Battle Rages On (1993)

4. The Scorpions - The Best band ever, to come from Germany. Klaus Meine, is such a great vocalist and underrated, but they are such a great band, with great guitar. With a combination of great vocals, songwriting, guiatr, bass/drums and so on, this band should have gone further, although are still considered awesome. Send Me An Angel - Crazy World (1990) or Rock You Like a Hurricane - Love At First Sting (1984)

3. Alice Cooper - If it wasnt for Cooper, I wouldnt be into Rock or Metal. He has such great creativity, and although isnt, the greatest singer in the world, has such great Lyrical/Songwriting ability, and onstage persona, which inspired many a generation. What a Legend. With such great songs as Welcome to My Nightmare, Billion Dollar Babies, Poison, School's Out. Hopefully will keep Rocking for years more. Billion Dollar Babies - Billion Dollar Babies (1972)

2. AC/DC - What sane Rock fan wouldnt put AC/DC in their top 10. AC/DC are on of the greatest Rock Bands ever. Period. With Such greats as Highway to Hell, WHole Lotta Rosie, Back in Black, Thunderstruck, Rock N'Roll Train and so on, they are on of the best selling bands in the world with Well over 200 Million sold Worldwide (more in the region of 220+ Million). Angus Young and his awesome fast paced, High energy Riffs and so los (whatever tyou think about the fact he only uses around four chords doesnt matter). Aweomse Bass by the underrated Cliff Williams, and Rhytym Guitar by Angus's brother Malcom, aweomse Drums by phil Rudd, and Awesome,gruff vocals by Bon Scot/Brian Johnson, what a great, band. Not a lot of bands can really be played at parties, certain songs can, but I reckon, the majority of songs of AC/DC can be played at Parties and so on...... Wooooo.... Whole Lotta Rosie - Let There Be Rock (1977 w/ Bon Scott) or The Razors Edge - The Razors Edge (1990 w/ Brian Johnson)

1. Whitesnake - Now, I suppose, when I got into Rock/Metal, I didnt know much about Whitesnake. But They grew on me, and now are my favourite band ever. I consider David Coverdale's vocals the best ever, better than Plant for sure. With some great Stuff in Deep Purple, and obviously Whitesnake, as well as solo stuff. The major bonus for Coverdale, is that he has worked with some of the best guitarists in the World. Whether Ritchie Blackmore (DP), Tommy Bolin (DP also), Bernie Marsden, Micky Moody (moslty the bluesy stuff), John Sykes, Adrian Vanden Burg, teve Vai or Doug Aldridge, Drummers include Ian Paice (DP as well as WS), Tommy Adrich (WS)..some great keyboardists, Jon Lord (DP and WS), Don Airey (WS), Bassists (Rudy Sarzo (WS), Roger Glover (WS, wasnt in DP when Cov came in).......Thats a small list in comparison who David Coverdale has worked with and/or who has been in Whitesnake or Deep Purple. Anyway, back to Whitesnake, the problem is, most people are familiar with their more modern stuff, 1984-present. Fine, but its worth a listen to listen to everyhtig from the Snakebite EP (1978) - to Saints and Sinners (1982), with albums like Trouble and Lovehunter there, its just awesome. Of Course most people will be with the awesome Whitesnake album (aka 1987 aka Serpens Albus), with such greats as Still of the Night, Crying in the Rain and of course the 1987 version of Here I go Again. i have put Whitesnake at Number 1 because of the Awesome A1, Vocals, Awesome guiatrists, Songs and all other stuff, becuase its such an awesome band. You either like them or not. But you have to show respect for Cov and so on, for being fucking Awesome. Still of the Night - 1987

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back