• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for more women on Staff

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
I've been looking over our Moderating staff and one thing that has stuck out to me is how male dominated we are. I suppose this could be attributed to the fact it's a pro wrestling board, but I think we can do better. So I'm calling upon all able bodied males on the forum to help us out.

Please bring to me your binders full of women.

tumblr_mc0nigUdKv1rj8amio1_500.png

I mustve fell asleep before this happened.

Someone please tell me what was said, since I have seen roughly 20487380473974 posts referring to this in various places on the interwebs

Someone please tell me what was said, since I have seen roughly 20487380473974 posts referring to this in various places on the interwebs

This is what he said

Mitt Romney last night said:
"Thank you. An important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men. And I -- and I went to my staff, and I said, 'How come all the people for these jobs are -- are all men.' They said, 'Well, these are the people that have the qualifications.' And I said, 'Well, gosh, can't we -- can't we find some -- some women that are also qualified?' And -- and so we -- we took a concerted effort to go out and find women who had backgrounds that could be qualified to become members of our cabinet. I went to a number of women's groups and said, 'Can you help us find folks,' and they brought us whole binders full of women. I was proud of the fact that after I staffed my Cabinet and my senior staff, that the University of New York in Albany did a survey of all 50 states, and concluded that mine had more women in senior leadership positions than any other state in America. Now one of the reasons I was able to get so many good women to be part of that team was because of our recruiting effort."

It's not as funny now I've read the full quote.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/16/binders-full-of-women-trending/

Apparently the way Mitt Romney focuses on making sure women are being given equal pay is by receiving binders full of women. Of course, he's lying (big surprise) as he didn't request these "binders full of women" it was a process already in the works before he got elected. Oh, and it didn't even come close to actually addressing the question.

But it's just pretty funny how it's taken off.

Didn't realize how much of a liar Romney really is until I read about what actually went on with women in his administration. There is no way to spin that the way he did without making himself look like a massive hypocrite on the way he chooses to evaluate Obama on the economy.

It's not as funny now I've read the full quote.

Political quotes rarely are... unless you're talking about Dan Quayle.

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared.

Mars is essentially in the same orbit . . . Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe.

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

It's wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago.

Really, he has about a million of them. Go here: http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/quotethis/a/quaylequotes.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back