• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Lockdown] Samoa Joe v. Pope

Who wins?

• Samoa Joe

• Pope

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who wins?

More like Who cares?

Honestly, worst feud of the year.

What the hell happened to these two guys?

Two former main eventers in this stupid storyline.

I don't care about the match, don't care who wins.

They've given me no reason to.

I'm as excited to see this match as much as I am HHH vs Undertaker, but at least Joe and Pope have has some kind of interaction with each other besides looking into each others eyes like they wanted to make out.

But seriously this fued has gone on to long now and I've forgotten what the point of it was, it's time to move them on to something else it's been a waste of tv time.

I think Pope should be added to Immortal to give them more numbers, or put into a program with Jay Leathal where he is trying to teach Leathal to be pimpin such as himself and add them to the tag division, and this would give Leathal some much need tv time cause he his very under used.

This is such a terrible terrible TERRIBLE feud. I mean, they have had sooo many one on one matches at this point. They've been dragging this out just to end it in the cage at lockdown and then what?

Seriously... I'm fast forwarding that garbage and I'm a big Joe fan since his ROH title run.

If this feud would have happened 2 years ago with alot of hype and build this wwould be a great feud! But when noone knows why your feuding for in the first place then i think they should drop this quick! I would have made pope the face and joe the heel. Because i can't see joe as a babyface! Plus pope seems to get more cheers then boos.

I agree with the other posters, that this has to be one of he worst feuds I have ever seen. I don't even remember what started this angle. I just know I haven't been into it at all. I have to change the channel every time the Pope is on. I haven't cared much for him since he turned heel and took his character in the direction he's at currently.

Hopefully the match at the Lockdown PPV will be the end of this feud. I think both guys are very talented and deserve better than this. I don't blame them for how bad the feud has gone, it's just a case of bad writing and booking. I don't expect their match will be a five star classic, but I imagine it will be pretty descent.

If I remember right, this crap started back when Nash and Sting were trying to get people on board against Hogan and Bischoff. Yes, back then. What's that a five month feud with nothing happening?

I agree with everyone, this feud sucked.
2 negatives don't make a positive - 2 underutilized stars don't make an awesome rivalry.

However, they're both good workers and a few good matches were thrown in there.
This should be the standout match in the feud. I'm sure it will have a similar role as Angle vs. Anderson last year, an awesome mid-card match.

This should also spell the end of this stupid storyline and both guys can put it behind them and move on to better things. I'm looking forward to the match.

I'm looking forward to the match itself, both Joe & Pope are solid performers and put on great matches. However, the build & story for the match has been absolutely terrible. And who ever came up with the Green Hornet ripoff to throw in the middle of this program should be fired, period. That's worse than the combined suck of the Shockmaster, Robbie E, and the Kiss Demon. This whole fiasco is another layer in TNA's steaming pile of botched opportunities.....

Can someone please explain the whole "Streak Vs Submission" thing... because...

#1- It sounds shit
#2- It sounds like a mockery of the Undertaker match, with the crappest storyline ever...

I cant stand The Pope I dont know what everyone sees in him. His promos and segments are cringeworthy. They shouldnt of renewed Joe's contract, he has run his course. Hopefully Joe squashes the Pope and they can move on to another pointless mid card feud.

It's time to end this feud. Joe has lost all drawing power...he started to fall before this feud, but this whole thing has certainly pushed him down. With all those other wrestlers stepping in and demanding a title shot, Joe is secretly filming The Pope with Kato. It's sad to see. I hope someone at TNA realizes he has talent, and he's able to rebound, but I won't hold my breath. Pope has pretty much gotten over all the way through this feud, so I'm looking for Joe to assert himself and take the win. Given that TNA hates clean finishes, it will probably be with something stupid...Kato nails Pope with a bullwhip in retaliation for Pope torturing him on iMpact, and lets Joe get the pin or something. I will happily admit I'm wrong if we see a clean finish either way.

This feud has been pretty horrible. At first, I had some hope for a Joe/Pope feud, but my hopes were destroyed as time went on. The matches between these two haven't been worth remembering, and some of the promos and segments during this feud have been atrocious. Pope's "healing" segment from last week was one of the worst things I've ever seen. I don't think either man will go anywhere after this feud is over. Pope's heel turn hasn't been worth watching, and I really can't see what some people see in this guy. Joe can play the bad ass/tough guy role pretty well, but where will he go once this feud ends? Will he form a tag team with Okato?

I don't have high hopes for this match, but I'll pick Joe to win. I think it's time for the Samoan Submission Machine to get some for revenge for the attacks on his sidekick. I just hope that this will be the last match for this feud, because the weak rivalry needs to die.

I never understood the appeal of Samoa Joe. He's just a big fat guy. He displays some athleticism sometimes, but he had no charisma.

He's not even "Umaga" fat where you can tell that he is an athlete and looks strong. He is just a pudgy fool. Personally, I think neither of these guys win in this feud really, cuz they both suck and this feud is just bad booking.

I like Joe, I allways have. I didn't really like his whole walk around with a huge Knife phase, but it was viewable. Pope is one of my favorite wrestlers atm in tna, He's a good face. But as a heel he still basically dosen't cut it. He gets way to many cheers, because he is basically doing the same thing he was as a face. If you wanted to have this be a good fude you should have had Joe show the videos at once. Let us think the pope is a good Pope. All in for the people, then boom while he is cutting a promo have Joe come down and rain on his parade. Have Pope freak out, and Joe show the videos. Let Pope attack him, then have the camera man show up and save Joe. That's my booking.

The only reason why I'm looking forward to this match is because it will end this abomination of a feud. I don't even care who wins or loses, or if they have a good match. I just want it to end so both Pope and Joe can move on to bigger and better things (hopefully).

The problem was that it was booked like a Main Event feud. Lots and lots of TV Time for pope, segments, content. They did stuff right. But feuds like that should NEVER happen in the shadow of a huge storyline like Immortal-Fourtune. This storyline needed its own spot light in the Main Event, maybe for a Championship. I think TNA waisted the idea and the effort. It came out bad, and they didn't do anything wrong, that's the weird part. It was booked well, the segments made sense, they pushed pope as a heel and Joe as a face. Pope cheats his way out of everything, makes you want the face to beat his brains in. Everything's right. I just think its spot on the card and the timing of the feud was not right and it killed it.

this has to be the most boring feud i saw in a while, i hope they end it once and for all its going since Bfg2010 and i never was excited for this one, specially when they turned pope heel he is horrible hell in this type of gimick only face pope seems enjoyable to watch but not heel, i dont care who wins bet i think joe will

This feud has been okay but with what else has been going on, it's just seemed lackluster and forgotten about. Joe hasn't been the Joe I knew and loved in a long time. This win could be the start that pushes him back into the main event. I can get my hopes up, can I? This match isn't going to get much time like their other matches so at the end, Joe will be victorious.

I have been quite disappointed with the build up, but the actual match could be good if they get a decent chuck of time to work with. Hopefully it's the blow off finally, and we'll get to see these guys move on to something more interesting.

I think the win has to go to Joe, as Pope has been in control of the feud for the most part up to this point. The natural thing would be for Joe to get the win here.

I haven't really enjoyed this feud at all. The whole story of them feuding with each other in the first place is silly. Both of these guys really should be working together to take down Immortal instead of fighting each other, but whatever.

It's really sad to see that The Pope has really lost his luster. He was the hottest face they had around this time last year now he's just another guy. I guess Samoa Joe should win if it means the end of the feud.

However, as I said in my last Impact review I don't know if a win here will help either guy.

This feud has not been the best feud and I have not enjoyed it that much but I'm still looking forward to the match because I think that both Pope and Samoa Joe are pretty good in the ring and I expect that will these two will deliver a pretty good match this Sunday at Lockdown, as for the winner I think that Samoa Joe will get the win with the Coquina Clutch at around 10-12 minutes in a pretty good match.

I hope the Pope wins. Most likely they will give it Joe however I just like the Pope better. I think Samoa Joe is getting sloppy in the ring where Pope potentially has a bright future ahead of him. I strongly feel that this should go Pope because at this point in time it looks like Samoa Joe isn't at his best where as Pope can get better. like mostly everyone esle has said this feud is going far too long and I would love to see it end as soon as p;ossible. Give Pope the win please, and maybe he will do something with it.

Ugh! The feud that will never die. Samoa Joe vs. The Pope. I hope that this cage match ends the meaningless feud between these two and they both move on to better things. I don't care if they both fall from the cage into a double countout or whatever, I'm sick to death of this feud going absolutely no where. The Pope tried to add some fuel to the fire between himself and Joe by abducting and torturing Joe’s friend, Okato, so I’m guessing that Samoa Joe gets some kind of revenge on Pope dor doing that to Okato. But who cares? Besides, a win for either one of these guys won't mean shit.

Hamler's Prediction- Samoa Joe

WHY IS THIS FEUD STILL GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?

It sucks, the match sucked, all of the promos have sucked. I didn't care who won and didn't care for the match. I just want this feud to end because it has done nothing for either guy. Absolutely nothing! Joe and Pope could be feuding for the World and X Division Championships respectively. This is going nowhere and needs to end. Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back