Live TNA Broadcasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A little while back, the story circulated that Dixie Carter isn't a big fan of the monthly pay per view format in TNA. It's been hinted that whenever these contracts that TNA has with cable companies expire, the format is going to be revised.

The latest word on it that the plan would be to do six to eight ppvs a year and do 3 hour live broadcasts in order to kind of make up the difference. That aspect of it would depend upon whether or not Spike would agree with it. TNA's new deal with them would enable them to shop that particular idea around to other networks if Spike were to not go along with it.

It seems that TNA's idea, according to what's being said now, is to roughly cut the ppv in half and do a life Clash of the Champions type of special show. If this is accurate, then it seems that Dixie wants to adopt a format similar to the one that WCW had prior to when the company really started to show profit. WCW ran a handful of ppv and did several Clash of the Champions shows and they weren't making any money.

Anyone think this idea could work out well or could it be a total distaster?

I'm for anything that can benefit TNA long term. Lashley may not be their saving grace, but I think this idea will help them out a lot. They will have more television time and get more exposure for their product. I think PPV buys will go up too since they have enough time to build up real intense feuds. I don't think it could be a disaster, I mean if it doesn't work TNA can always switch back.

It could be worse. Everyone knows that WWE has been changing their PPV format so many times over the years that even the wrestlers don't know what the next PPV will consist of. If WCW was successful then I think TNA can be just as successful with this method too.

A lot of people on these forums keep complaining about there being too many PPVs in WWE. I, personally, don't mind them. I'd love to see TNA's storylines develop is they had 2 months between PPVs. It would probably increase PPV buys and the Clash of the Champions style thing would be good.

As long as people other than just Dixie Carter are on board then I say go for it. TBH, i'd keep watching TNA if they went back to weekly PPV's (As long as i could stream it for free)

I think it could work. I'm not really keen on the idea of Dixie taking away too many PPVs though, I think it could really hurt the company in the short term. TNA is making a profit currently, so I'm not sure why they feel the need to do anything drastic. I think things are pretty good as they are.

If they did do this, the 3 hour live shows would be quite interesting. TNA hasn't ever really had a live show during the week, so I'm not sure how it'd work out. They'd have to find time on Spike around all of the replayed UFC matches and would probably need to get some proper advertising, but it could be successful. I know I'd wathc.

When TNA is only getting 7,000 buys for a big PPV event, it makes sense that they would cut back on the number of PPVs they're trying to sell. I'm betting TNA is losing money on PPVs at this point, and it makes total sense to pursue other avenues to advance story lines and promote product.

But, again, as I keep saying, they gotta get the hell out of Universal Studios and the so-called "Impact Zone" and into actual arenas on the road if they're going to follow up on this latest scheme they're working on.

If they're going to be taken seriously by fans and in the business all together, they have to get out there and get out of Florida more than 3 times a year.

When TNA is only getting 7,000 buys for a big PPV event, it makes sense that they would cut back on the number of PPVs they're trying to sell

Why do people still insist to believe that TNA actually got 7,000 buys for Slammiversary. It has been said time and time again that the whole 7,000 buys was only a joke to go along with the whole 7 years 7 matches thing they had going for Slammiversary. TNA hasn't officially released their PPV buy rates. So until they are officially released, you can just forget the whole 7,000 buy thing.

TNA is most likely making a profit from most of their PPVs considering the majority of their PPVs each year take place in the iMPACT! Zone. I'm even willing to bet that they still make money on the PPVs that take place in other venues.

I like the idea of this. I hate how many PPVs WWE has. 6 to 8 PPVs a year seems like the perfect amount. Gives more time to build up feuds and storylines. Plus the whole 3 hour live events would probably work out real well for TNA. I hope this goes through.

When TNA is only getting 7,000 buys for a big PPV event, it makes sense that they would cut back on the number of PPVs they're trying to sell. I'm betting TNA is losing money on PPVs at this point, and it makes total sense to pursue other avenues to advance story lines and promote product.

But, again, as I keep saying, they gotta get the hell out of Universal Studios and the so-called "Impact Zone" and into actual arenas on the road if they're going to follow up on this latest scheme they're working on.

If they're going to be taken seriously by fans and in the business all together, they have to get out there and get out of Florida more than 3 times a year.

I agree, they can use this new program to find new locations for their shows outside the Impact Zone and search for a new alternative network, who knows, this new network(if they look) might even advertise and support them.

As for the Clash of Champions/Saturday Nights Main Event style show, I think it would be a great idea, saves money, exposes them more, allows them to explore other options, A.J. Styles is the New TNA Champion, you know, good thinking Dixie.

<...TNA Presents the June edition of TNA:X-Plosive Champions, live for the Sports Palace in Mayaguez Puerto Rico...> Hey, a boy can dream.

Why do people still insist to believe that TNA actually got 7,000 buys for Slammiversary. It has been said time and time again that the whole 7,000 buys was only a joke to go along with the whole 7 years 7 matches thing they had going for Slammiversary. TNA hasn't officially released their PPV buy rates. So until they are officially released, you can just forget the whole 7,000 buy thing.

I stand corrected.

TNA probably inflated the number TO 7,000 buys.

My apologies for the confusion.

i say have a ppv every month and a half. this is allow for storylines to build up and it does reduce the ppv total, another idea, have not just 1 impact zone have one in reserve so they can set up in places like washington ds, chicargo, nyc etc. wwe is ruining its ppv names atm so tna should capitalize on this

I think this could be a great idea!

I really love TNA. It's my favorite promotion, with ROH being just behind.

They do however have problems, both in creative and booking.

A move like this could help to solve both.

If they reduced their PPV's to 6 or 8 per year then this could give time for feuds and storyline's to build more slowly and give each angle more time to breathe.

It would also make title changes something to really anticipate.

I also like the idea of the Clash/Main Event style specials as well.

This, like the Clash, could put different/unexpected talent in the main event/title picture (Such as Road Warrior Hawk, Ricky Morton and Nikita Koloff were) and could give a whole different flavor to TNA broadcasting.

But I love watching all TNA PPV's, so while on one hand I would really miss them, it would also give me something to really look forward to!

I also think that TNA really needs a 2nd weekly Smackdown/Thunder show.

I have said for a long time (on various forums) that TNA has a lot of great Talent, and not enough TV time to expose it.

If its true and they are planning "live events" but not PPV's, it would be cool if they could do some outside of the US. As far as I'm aware WWE have stopped doing PPV's overseas because of the costs (not sure what costs they are but meh), but still recorded Raw/Smackdown/ECW over here every now and then.

It would be cool if TNA could do a TV broadcast over here, and not just a house show. Its pretty standard these days that storylines/title changes just aren’t gonna happen in Dark matches/house shows(or at least they are rare as feck in WWE/TNA anyway), so it would be cool to be able to go watch a live show where story lines could actually advance.

I'd also like to see them get out of the impact zone; it would be good for TNA. As long a they aren’t going mad with the house shows, I don’t think the wrestlers would mind taking a road trip once every two weeks.

I guess I’m in favour of anything TNA wanna try, shake things up and when the dust settles if you are worse off you can always change back.

Costs aside, the other main reason why WWE stopped doing PPVs overseas is because of the time zone differences. It's hard to market a PPV to the North American audience if it is outside the usual evening hours. Plus, the biggest attraction of PPVs is that they're "live," so pre-recording a PPV event to air in a more friendlier time slot would hinder sales. TV events such as Raw is less of a risk because the viewer doesn't have to invest anything but their time, so, presenting a taped Raw isn't so much of a big deal... and of course ECW, Superstars and Smackdown are taped days before broadcast anyway.

And unless TNA has the ability to adjust timezones, or fly around the planet to turnback time like Superman, the time zone issue would be a challenge for TNA as well should they try an overseas PPV. But a series of Impact! tapings in England or Germany or where ever would be neat. But then, an Impact! taped anywhere outside of Universal Studios in Florida is always a good thing.

I feel like that staying inside the impact zone every single show, just about, hurts them the most... Its the same reactions same crowd same scenory.. It gets tiring and adds bordem to the show. The shortening ppvs would be a great idea.. Go back to the style of how it once was.. How can it hurt? Less worries about fans spendin so much especially with WWE ppvs every month... Gives them more ideas with the show and how to push fueds along with the wrestlers.. and I agree it also gives them the opritunity to push the show live and maybe once in a blue moon, not as often as wwe, make the Impact 3 hrs.. Makin it live once in awhile and even having less ppvs imo makes the show itself alittle more interesting and more to look foward to.. And R and F were part of WCW when it crashed but so what.. Bischoff was there too.. Heyman was there when ECW went down.. But that didn't stop heyman from writin in the WWE or Bischoff bein part of it as well.. This isn't WCW, ECW, or even WWE.. This is TNA... The little engine that could.. And once BFG is here and gone it'll be the little engine to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back