• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

List of dream matches that could have happened but didn't

Just wanted to share this. I know you don't care.

Austin vs Hogan from 2002-2003
HBK vs The Rock from 2002-2004
Undertaker vs Sting at 2015
Eddie Guerrero vs HBK from 2002-2005
Goldberg vs The Undertaker from 2003-2004, also at 2016-17
Sting vs John Cena at 2015
Hulk Hogan vs John Cena from 2005 to 2006
Batista vs Brock Lesnar at 2014
DX vs NWO at 2002
Austin vs Lesnar at 2002
Orton vs The Rock at 2004 and from 2011-2013
A ladder match between HBK and Jeff Hardy from 2002-03 and from 2006-2009
Evolution Triple Threat from 2005-2010 and 2014

These are the best I can think of. Isn't is a shame that none of these never happened? Each one for their reasons, but still...

Flair vs Hogan did happen at WCW though.

Man... Bryan vs Lesnar... WM 31... They even teased us with it. It was that simple:

Bryan wins the Rumble. Roman avoids the boos. Roman beats Rollins at Fast Lane to win the MITB contract, which Rollins loses due to interference from a returning Orton. This leads to Reigns vs HHH, Rollins vs Orton and Bryan vs Lesnar.

Lesnar beats Bryan and then Reigns comes out to cash-in on Lesnar. Everyone's happy. The fans are happy, Vince is happy. Everyone. Sorry Seth, but your moment would come eventually some months later.

Oh and like that we also get Sting vs Taker...

Be glad DB didn't face Lesnar. Because he was clearly slated to face him at SummerSlam after WM30. His injury causing Cena to take his place changed a lot of things that are still reverberating today. First, Suplex City might've killed DB. Literally. That's not a shot at him being small. He clearly had dangerously severe neck issues. Secondly, after becoming a true heel after beating Taker, Lesnar would've amplified that heat a million times by squashing DB. Squashing Cena made him a face instantly. Also, Roman Reigns might actually be loved today. With how everything played out with DB's injury, their fear of pushing him again, the Royal Rumble, etc, it's the prime reason Reigns was booed from then on.

As for the outcomes to the IWC, it would've been devastating. First, wrestling forums everywhere would've gone down from the mass of people wanting to complain that DB just got "buried", similar to how these went down following CM Punk "totally shooting" during his pipebomb. Following that, unable to vent their frustrations over such a heinous act, a small percentage of the population would've just up and melted away like they just opened the Ark of the Covenant.

Seriously. You didn't want Lesnar vs. DB.

Be glad DB didn't face Lesnar. Because he was clearly slated to face him at SummerSlam after WM30. His injury causing Cena to take his place changed a lot of things that are still reverberating today. First, Suplex City might've killed DB. Literally. That's not a shot at him being small. He clearly had dangerously severe neck issues. Secondly, after becoming a true heel after beating Taker, Lesnar would've amplified that heat a million times by squashing DB. Squashing Cena made him a face instantly. Also, Roman Reigns might actually be loved today. With how everything played out with DB's injury, their fear of pushing him again, the Royal Rumble, etc, it's the prime reason Reigns was booed from then on.

As for the outcomes to the IWC, it would've been devastating. First, wrestling forums everywhere would've gone down from the mass of people wanting to complain that DB just got "buried", similar to how these went down following CM Punk "totally shooting" during his pipebomb. Following that, unable to vent their frustrations over such a heinous act, a small percentage of the population would've just up and melted away like they just opened the Ark of the Covenant.

Yeah, I don't get the boner everybody had for that match either. Lesnar would have gone over in an absolute squash. The tears from the internet would have enough to create oceans in the Sahara.

I wanted Bryan vs Lesnar before Suplex City Brock. Bryan would have brought out a fresh style to counter Brock's stiff style and trust me, the match would have gone down as one of the greatest ever. Yeah, Summerslam 2014 was going to be a squash, but I don't think WM 31 would have been a squash.

Also, that squash match at Summerslam would have turned Bryan into an ultra super over babyface, more than ever. So I doubt fans would accept Reigns as their savior, before seeing Bryan get his revenge on Lesnar.

I wanted Bryan vs Lesnar before Suplex City Brock. Bryan would have brought out a fresh style to counter Brock's stiff style and trust me, the match would have gone down as one of the greatest ever. Yeah, Summerslam 2014 was going to be a squash, but I don't think WM 31 would have been a squash.

Also, that squash match at Summerslam would have turned Bryan into an ultra super over babyface, more than ever. So I doubt fans would accept Reigns as their savior, before seeing Bryan get his revenge on Lesnar.

Which he never would've gotten. And that would have nothing to do with Reigns.

Daniel Bryan was NEVER going to go over Lesnar. Surely you realize this, right?

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar would've been the ultimate David vs. Goliath match. It's the kind of match I would only want to see if the little guy were to slay the giant. It would need to be Lesnar's last match.

Remember, it's a dream match.

Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar would've been the ultimate David vs. Goliath match. It's the kind of match I would only want to see if the little guy were to slay the giant. It would need to be Lesnar's last match.

Remember, it's a dream match.

I didn't like the idea when I heard it first, but as time went on it really grew on me. It'll never happen at this point, but it does remain one of the few things in wrestling I kind of wish did. If anyone could do this perfect type of match it'd be Daniel Bryan and Lesnar.

Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels, 1992-94

It probably happened at a house show somewhere along the line, but this could have been a great match booked for any of the big 4 ppvs. I think Savage wanted Michaels to be his last WWE opponent.

Shawn Michaels vs RVD circa 1996/97. Both guys were in their physical primes and doing things in a wrestling ring no one had seen before.

I'm afraid that there won't be AJ Styles Vs. Kenny Omega to watch!

Just like AJ Styles Vs. Daniel Bryan.

Those matches never had the chance to happen though. Actually Omega vs Styles was close, but Styles went to the WWE and went Styles went to the WWE Bryan was retiring. The point here is talking about matches that could have actually gone down, due to the wrestlers being part of the same company.

But still, any combination of Bryan/Styles/Omega/Punk/Angle would have been epic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back