List of dream matches that could have happened but didn't

Punk vs. Austin - If Austin somehow fully recovered in 2011

Taker vs. Cena - I always wanted to see Cena challenge the Streak

Eddie/Benoit/Angle vs. pretty much anyone from this era

Reigns vs. Rock - Yeah yeah I know. Reigns doesn't need to be put over again, but this would have been cool just to see him try to go with Rock on the mic.

Those matches never had the chance to happen though. Actually Omega vs Styles was close, but Styles went to the WWE and went Styles went to the WWE Bryan was retiring. The point here is talking about matches that could have actually gone down, due to the wrestlers being part of the same company.

But still, any combination of Bryan/Styles/Omega/Punk/Angle would have been epic.
Then, AJ Styles Vs. The Undertaker.

Had Punk-Bryan happened? I guess not.

Then, AJ Styles Vs. The Undertaker.

Had Punk-Bryan happened? I guess not.

Go back in 2012. They also teased something in 2010. It was a big part of RAW 1000. How could you forget that? It had Kane involved and also kick-started AJ Lee's wacko character and set the seeds for Team Hell No and the Rock vs Punk feud. Man.. thinking back to it, this feud was a catalyst for many things to come...

Go back in 2012. They also teased something in 2010. It was a big part of RAW 1000. How could you forget that? It had Kane involved and also kick-started AJ Lee's wacko character and set the seeds for Team Hell No and the Rock vs Punk feud. Man.. thinking back to it, this feud was a catalyst for many things to come...
I remember their segments like teaming up against Wyatt Family. But I don't remember both of these facing each other in a singles match. That's why I said that it's a dream match that never happened.

I really don't remember it. How dumb.

It was a great feud, and you should check it out. Their best match is probably Money in the Bank 2012.

Perhaps the reason it's not remembered very well is because Bryan wasn't as big of a star then. Obviously he was still tremendous in the ring and had some great character work at the time, but he got much bigger during the Authority angle. It's really sad how the in-ring careers of Punk and Bryan ended though. They would both be huge stars today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back