• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's Talk Unfulfilled Potential of Storylines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Because I'm in that "Kick it while it's down" type of mood. Let's talk about those great TNA storylines... That never really were.

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles​

The start of this feud really excited me. With Booker and 3D kicking the crap out of AJ, Kurt coming to the rescue, then laying him out. It's excited me less when they've repeated it every fucking week since. But hey, at least the matches were great, right? Wrong. Styles and Angle are two of my favourite wrestlers and I was expecting nothing more than soon-to-be-forgotten classic from them at Slammiversary. It was good, but nothing spectacular. Probably because Kurt is so fucked up. Then a six man tag match. Never seen that before TNA. You rebellious wrestling promotion, you. You take the rules and wipe your ass with them, don't you?

The Last Man Standing idea doesn't excite me much either.

James Storm vs. Sting​
I'm a big fan of Storm, and a big fan of Sting... 's potential to maybe make a promising midcarder into a main event. With Deuce's Wild set up after the feud had quickly been kicked off (nothing incredible, but lovely and functional). They teamed together and got knocked out at some point (first round? Meh, doesn't matter, LAX won) and then, out of nowhere... there was nothing. Now Sting's bat is turning up and outwrestling Kevin Nash for some reason and Storm is making his own T-shirts. Hold the applause.

Cool thread bro. One feud I'd really like to see, if TNA Creative could book it properly, is Christian Cage vs. Joe or Booker. Christian Cage deserves to hold the TNA World Heavyweight Championship again, and has really shown why letting him go is one of WWE's worst ever executive moves. He truly is the instant classic. Give him a proper feud for the championship. Hell, if Joe's reign doesn't get any better now, give him the damn belt.

Abyss vs The Horror Crew

By the horror crew, i mean Black Reign, and Rellik, i think that there was two more as well, one of them i think was raven.

Anyway, i was loving this fued but it fizzled out, I was hoping that Black Reign would become a ministry Undertaker kind of character, I think that he would still be with the company if they had gone in this direction, because usually a faction storyline, given enough time, ends up being the fued everyone talks about.

I also Thought that Abyss's and Rhodes styles compliment each other's well, both brawler's that use a good aray of power moves, and both have brilliant finishers, even though i prefer the Black Hole Slam.

The Rock and Horror Infection comes together in a rare union.

When this crew of five first burst onto the scene, I was mildly open minded and anticipated at least some team beat downs. I mean, if nothing else, Christy Hemme was going to be the mouthpiece. And if wrestling has missed anything, it is a faction with a manager. I mean they are rare. They are classic. They are something to behold. But alas, this meant nothing as they two Horror figures of the Infection soon disappeared and were never heard from again. Sad though. I was kind of looking forward to seeing what could be done with a team of Rellik(Killer spelled backwards) and Lance Hoyt(now Rock).

One storyline which I feel was not only "unfulfilled" but very disrespectful was the push of Roxxi. Roxxi was willing to cut her hair and be embarrased on live television for what? This could have been a good "knockout" storyline where Roxxi gets revenge on the beautiful people and finally she could have challenged Kong and been the underdog champion instead of taylor wilde(who i like...but thats for another time). Anyways the first few weeks after the headshaving match Roxxi was very "hot" and the crowd was very much behind her and she could have made the whole "underdog" beating Kong storyline alot more important then taylor.

I agree that the AJ and Kurt feud could have been done so much better the build up to it was good but I dont think it ever really delivered, Slammiversary was a good match but not a 5 star classic these 2 could have had maybe a few years back. But I think now its run its course and the dream feud has fizzled so I only hope that the last man standing match will be last in the feud. I think a feud that has not been showcased and perhaps will be in the future is heel Christian vs face Booker. Christian is superb at face and I think Booker can really get the crowd with him as a face seeing these 2 in this situation would IMO be a great feud.

I am wondering what the point of the X Division Cup was? I didn't watch the PPV, but read the results and I forgot who won immediately. What was gained by the team who won? With the Royal Rumble, MITB, King of the Ring, etc. there is some sort of push and angle(s) that come with the win.

Also, besides Daivari, they didn't acquire any new talent. It's great if they put on some entertaining matches, but pointless if that ends after the PPV. They are basically saying, "here are really talented, new people...and you will never see them again".

The only partial storyline that came out of it was Kaz leaving. So, instead of gaining someone, they actually end up losing a wrestler. Maybe the Kaz storyline will evolve, but on the main page they posted that he might re-debut as someone completely different, eliminating the news of him quitting. Even if he does eventually come back and say that he got over losing the match for TNA...so what?

Maybe Kaz could've feuded with someone from his team who blamed him for the loss or a wrestler from another team rubbing it in his face. Daivari could've debuted bragging about his win (again I have no idea if he was on the winning team or not). The MCMG aren't feuding with anyone, why not have them wrestle two guys from the Japanese or Mexican team and go over them?

I think for an angle that had two matches each Impact for a month, plus probably a good 20 minute PPV match, more should've been gained than...well, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back