• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lets Protest Raw

familymark

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok if this is considered spamming I will go ahead and apoligize. Everyone seems to have a problem with the programming wwe has been putting on as of late. So my question is what can we do to fix it? I know McMahon is going to do what he wants to do but I'm thinking maybe if we give him a little push he will head the right way. You know how people say if you dont vote you shouldnt complain well how bout if we are going to continue to watch then we shouldnt complain. We need to voice our opinions and start where it hurts. Ratings. Ive been a wrestling fan for over 20 years and right now wrestling is at the worst period I have ever seen. So i am proposing we take one monday and dont watch. Tell everyone you know not to watch. Therefore when Mcmahons ratings fall he may get the picture and bring some excitement back. I mean seriously we can continue to post on WRESTLEZONE (the best wrestling site there is) about how we hate the product that we are forced to watch or we discuss a new era in wrestling and how exciting it is. All im asking is that we work together to get a product we like. If it dosent work and we miss an episode of Raw what did we really miss? Batisita and HHH boaring us? I mean I think its worth a try any opinons. And once again sorry if this is spamming but if it is could you please tell me where I could post this. Thanks

Even on WWE's worst nights rating wise, it won't make a dent in VInce's wallet. A protest just wouldn't work for this situation because you can't organize enough people to cause a mass effect.

I think if everyone on this site refused to watch raw one night and got their friends to do the same it would effect the ratings. And your right it wouldnt put a dent in vinces wallet but it may get USA to let em know hey we need to fix this. If you guys dont think this will work lets come up with an idea that will because im getting tired of the same ol crap arent you?

Personally, I think the people that "hate" the WWE are in the minority. The only reason it seems like there are so many people hating the WWE is because the squeaky wheel gets the oil. The people complaining are the ones getting all the attention because they are making all the posts. The people that aren't bothered by the direction of the WWE or are actually enjoying it aren't posting threads and are simply ignoring all these hate threads. Besides, if a "mass protest" against gas companies won't work, what makes you think a "protest" of Raw will work?

In the grand scheme of things, Wrestlezone users don't make up that much of the WWE viewers anyway, so it would barely make a dent in the RATINGS which is what your proposal is trying to affect. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. Problem solved.

Familymark,
Nice to see someone else on here of my age as well. 20+ years of wrestling watching experience. NICE!

Anyway, back to business. I like your idea, but I dont think that even if everyone on here and their friends didn't watch for 1 night, it wouldn't make even the slightest difference. You see, what WWE needs, and I know this has been posted on here at least a billion times, is competition. Preferably, Monday Night competition. Will it ever happen? Probably not, but can't help but hoping. I constantly bitch about how WWE writing and storylines have declined over the past 5 years or so, but, unless they have a reason to change it, it's not going to change. One night of ratings decrease, especially as low as we would cause, would not change a thing. Great idea though.

The only real advice that I can give you, even though I hate this advice b/c usually a TNA "mark" posts it when someone posts something negative about TNA like myself, is if you don't like it, don't tune in. Like I said, I hate that advice but it's the only real option, if you are a WWE fan, that you have. I would say start watching TNA on Thursdays, but, well, good luck with that!!!

Unless every person you get to NOT watch has a Nielsen ratings box, it won't make a damn bit of difference.

Nielsen has no idea what your watching on your television unless you are sent a ratings box that you hook up to your tv or a diary that they send you in the mail and you write down what you watched and when you watched it.

I believe this tactic has been tried several times in the past, but instead of wrestling, it involved gas prices. "No one buy gas on Monday since it's $3 a gallon and it will go down on Tuesday !!" As Dr. Phil famously says, "How's that working for ya' ??"

The idea is great and would work to change the direction of the company and let them know what we think of it. The problems have been mentioned though, for one, you need it to be nielsen people boycotting it, the rest of us can not watch and they'd never know. Second, there is a good chance people who hate the current product are in the minority, but the majority of "smart" fans are who post here so it seems like a lot. Ur best bet may be to organize a large group at a tv event, imagine 10000 fans in unison demanding they improve thier product or walking out of an event after buying tickets. Something like that would make a statement, but just not watching while a great idea in actuality could never work.

It's the storylines that make raw so boring, i actually sent a resume into wwe applying to be a writer, i had a huge storyline consisting of cody rhodes and golddust which would have led to the return of dusty rhodes as a special referee, I also had a feud written for john cena and a bunch of other wrestlers, Vince does care about his fans, i don't think he see's the stories like we see, but i'll call his office and make a suggestion....get back to you guys later

What WWE needs is a new creative team. A creative team that knows doing the same thing over and over and over isn't going to work. I mean really, who wants to see Cena do the whole "Overcoming the Odds" Storyline FIFTY THOUSAND TIMES? We need some new storylines and some new guys in the Main Event. I could think of some pretty exciting feuds right off the top of my head:

MVP vs Mr. Kennedy would be awesome, both have really good mic skills and in-ring ability.

MVP vs Randy Orton, a feud that seemed to be starting but looks like its gonna be a feud with Regal instead.

CM Punk vs someone who is the exact opposite of the Straight Edge thing. You could have Punk's opponent pour beer on him or blow cigar smoke in his face, really bring out the character.

Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk wouldn't be bad either, both stars could really tear down the house if given the proper chance.

Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin wouldn't be too bad either, both stars are really athletic and go for that High-Risk style. Culminate it in a Ladder Match.

MVP vs Shelton Benjamin I felt they mishandled this the first time around. Play up the Benjamin's Gold Standard and MVP's "Better Than You" gimmicks. Have them try to one up each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back