Lethal Weapon Is Getting A Reboot

Dean Winchester

Getting Noticed By Management
:banghead:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/warner-bros-sets-gangster-squad-scribe-for-lethal-weapon-reboot/

I do not know why this is happening but Lethal Weapon is getting a reboot. Seriously how the hell can you reboot LW? Its not even outdated yet and nobody can repalce Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. I can see Samuel L. Jackson in this film as Murtaugh and Chris Pines as Riggs. Some type of garbage combination like that or worst actors. Well if this does go down we all know that this will be an epic failure, lets hope people this will go straight to development hell and stay in development hell for a very long time.

This doesn't excite me at all. I wasn't interested by the possibility of a Lethal Weapon 5 either. I actually enjoy the original Lethal Weapon quiet a bit and as you said it isn't like this movie is outdated. I will try to keep an open mind to the idea, but it just doesn't sound appealing at all. Hopefully Shane Black writes or at least assists in writing it and hopefully they can get some decent people to take over the roles. I would be more interested in seeing some lesser known actors take over the roles then guys like Jackson or Pine.

This doesn't excite me at all. I wasn't interested by the possibility of a Lethal Weapon 5 either. I actually enjoy the original Lethal Weapon quiet a bit and as you said it isn't like this movie is outdated. I will try to keep an open mind to the idea, but it just doesn't sound appealing at all. Hopefully Shane Black writes or at least assists in writing it and hopefully they can get some decent people to take over the roles. I would be more interested in seeing some lesser known actors take over the roles then guys like Jackson or Pine.

Only way this can work is if they get somebody like Micheal Bay to direct, who has done 2 good buddy cop films in Bad Boys. And the chemistry between the 2 leads have to be good aswell.

Only way this can work is if they get somebody like Micheal Bay to direct, who has done 2 good buddy cop films in Bad Boys. And the chemistry between the 2 leads have to be good aswell.

No. Michael Bay would only be good from an explosion perspective but he is a shit director. Bad Boys 2 was a huge steaming pile of shit, as was Transformers 2. There are much better choices out there to direct this film who are not completely one dimensional. And like I said, the only person who stands a chance at writing a good film is Shane Black seeing as he created the original and knows the characters.

It isn't like I opposed to major actors taking over the film, the only problem is it wouldn't make sense seeing as this is a reboot. Why should they go with big name actors who came up the exact same time as Gibson and Glover and are the same age. They might as well just keep with the Lethal Weapon 5 idea then. What they need to do is get some younger actors, at least for the Mel Gibson role. Chris Pine is a good actor but he doesn't have that crazy vibe coming from him. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, or Channing Tatum would be much better choices to take over the role of Riggs. I guess Samuel L. Jackson would work, but he is almost a better choice for Riggs then Murtaugh seeing as he is an over the top character actor anyways.

My point is while big name actors would be nice they could make the film a bigger joke. Recasting and getting some younger actors who fit the characters better may be best. Hell, what is to even say that this reboot will even be a comedy or sorts. It could be entirely serious seeing as it is a reboot and reboots tend to try and be considerably different from originals so that they can distinguish themselves.

I agree. Why reboot the Lethal Weapon movies? Are they that desperate for movie ideas that they have to redo every single thing? It's like rebooting the Die Hard series. Why bother? Lethal Weapon was a great series and there's no reason to reboot it. The only reason I can see is that they have no new ideas and as such have to resort to a known commodity to try to turn a fast buck. Lazy booking invades Hollywood...

No. Michael Bay would only be good from an explosion perspective but he is a shit director. Bad Boys 2 was a huge steaming pile of shit, as was Transformers 2. There are much better choices out there to direct this film who are not completely one dimensional. And like I said, the only person who stands a chance at writing a good film is Shane Black seeing as he created the original and knows the characters.

It isn't like I opposed to major actors taking over the film, the only problem is it wouldn't make sense seeing as this is a reboot. Why should they go with big name actors who came up the exact same time as Gibson and Glover and are the same age. They might as well just keep with the Lethal Weapon 5 idea then. What they need to do is get some younger actors, at least for the Mel Gibson role. Chris Pine is a good actor but he doesn't have that crazy vibe coming from him. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, or Channing Tatum would be much better choices to take over the role of Riggs. I guess Samuel L. Jackson would work, but he is almost a better choice for Riggs then Murtaugh seeing as he is an over the top character actor anyways.

My point is while big name actors would be nice they could make the film a bigger joke. Recasting and getting some younger actors who fit the characters better may be best. Hell, what is to even say that this reboot will even be a comedy or sorts. It could be entirely serious seeing as it is a reboot and reboots tend to try and be considerably different from originals so that they can distinguish themselves.

Alot of people thought Bad Boys 2 was good and is considered a blockbuster hit. But I agree they do need young actors for the roles, like guys in their 30s. I dono who be perfect for the roles but as long as they can act and look and act the part let them have it. Also its not gonna be a comedy, the people in charge of the reboot said its gonan be an edgy, and grity hard R film. Does not sound like a comedy film to me really.

Alot of people thought Bad Boys 2 was good and is considered a blockbuster hit. But I agree they do need young actors for the roles, like guys in their 30s. I dono who be perfect for the roles but as long as they can act and look and act the part let them have it. Also its not gonna be a comedy, the people in charge of the reboot said its gonan be an edgy, and grity hard R film. Does not sound like a comedy film to me really.

Really? I don't mean that sarcastically. I tried watching it once and got bored and anybody else I know who have seen it said it was crap. Not trying to be a dick just stating mine and my friends experience. And of course it was a blockbuster, that isn't that hard of a feat to accomplish. All you need is a big budget and to get released in the summer season. It doesn't matter if it is a hit or a flop, a big budget will get you a blockbuster title. And for the record, I actually enjoyed the first Bad Boys film. It was hip, fresh and fairly original.

That makes me happy to hear that it is going to be edgier and not a comedy, not that that is a bad thing. It makes sense to try and make something that isn't just trying to get laughs like so many cop movies do now. The main cast will have to be a black male between his late 30's to late 40's and a white guy somewhere between his real late 20's and mid 30's. Unless they switch up the entire premise, which they very well may do. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Channing Tatum or Chris Hemsworth take over the Riggs role, though the seriousness of this film definitely eliminates Chris Evans.

No. Michael Bay would only be good from an explosion perspective but he is a shit director. Bad Boys 2 was a huge steaming pile of shit, as was Transformers 2. There are much better choices out there to direct this film who are not completely one dimensional.

This is an excellent point here. Bad Boys was an entertaining popcorn flick, but Bad Boys II was an awful piece of shit. Bay is obsessed with fire, explosions, over the top cliches, and flashy fight scenes that usually look like shit. He would be a terrible choice for director.

The rebirth for the Lethal Weapon series doesn't excite me at all. I don't think the films are bad. I liked the first two films, but the third and fourth movies of this series weren't worth watching again. It just felt like they were trying to stretch everything as far as they could. There's a chance this reboot could be worth watching, but I wouldn't want to see it.

The reboot will rake in a ton of cash at the box office, because I'm sure there are a good amount of people out there who would want to see the rebirth of this series. Although, there's a good chance this film could be poor in quality. The studio is trying to capitalize off of the Lethal Weapon name, and people will flock to see this film. You can be sure of that.

Really? I don't mean that sarcastically. I tried watching it once and got bored and anybody else I know who have seen it said it was crap. Not trying to be a dick just stating mine and my friends experience. And of course it was a blockbuster, that isn't that hard of a feat to accomplish. All you need is a big budget and to get released in the summer season. It doesn't matter if it is a hit or a flop, a big budget will get you a blockbuster title. And for the record, I actually enjoyed the first Bad Boys film. It was hip, fresh and fairly original.

That makes me happy to hear that it is going to be edgier and not a comedy, not that that is a bad thing. It makes sense to try and make something that isn't just trying to get laughs like so many cop movies do now. The main cast will have to be a black male between his late 30's to late 40's and a white guy somewhere between his real late 20's and mid 30's. Unless they switch up the entire premise, which they very well may do. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Channing Tatum or Chris Hemsworth take over the Riggs role, though the seriousness of this film definitely eliminates Chris Evans.

I say for Murtaugh have him be in his early 40s. On the verge of retirement, but still has years left in him. Riggs has to be the young cop, have him in his late 20s or early 30s. Again I dono who they could get for Riggs and Murtaugh to tell you the honest truth. I mean Idris Elba is in his late 30s so he can be Murtaugh, he a pretty good actor.

This excites me at about .02 on a scale to 10, 10 obviously being jumping for joy. I'm getting tired of Hollywood rebooting classic series ruining their names in the process. You know what? Mel Gibson might be crazy now and Danny Glover might be nothing more than, "The guy from Lethal Weapon and Angels in the Outfield" to a lot of people but just the thought of them not being Riggs and Murtaugh disturbs me. Get some original f*cking ideas.

This excites me at about .02 on a scale to 10, 10 obviously being jumping for joy. I'm getting tired of Hollywood rebooting classic series ruining their names in the process. You know what? Mel Gibson might be crazy now and Danny Glover might be nothing more than, "The guy from Lethal Weapon and Angels in the Outfield" to a lot of people but just the thought of them not being Riggs and Murtaugh disturbs me. Get some original f*cking ideas.

I agree they could of simply created another buddy cop film that was original that had an odd pairing but badass characters in it. Not reboot a classic like this, next up inl ine will proably be Die Hard. I could see them casting Vin Diesel as John McClaine.

Who do you get to be "crazy mel" other than "crazy mel"? That franchise worked because of the unique chemistry of the actors... not just Glover and Gibson, but the family, the villains... In reality Joe Pesci was the real star of the 3 sequels, replacing that would be near impossible.

If they are going to do it, Dwayne Johnson/Rock as Murtagh is pretty much the only choice for me and Bradley Cooper as Riggs... at least the "banter" and comedy could be interesting between then.

Thing is they gotta have someone to play Riggs who can not only act crazy, but be funny aswell and still look like a badass, easier said then done. Murtaugh role not too hard to play really, Samuel L. Jackson could be a good Murtaugh. Just the Riggs role they have to tackle so the chemistry can be right and gotta have good chemistry with Murtaugh family aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back