• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Less than 300 people attend TNA's TV taping on Tuesday

They should place a huge mirror through the middle of the arena in order to make the number of spectators seem double of what it is :D

dB5tp3g.png

Very poo.

Very poo indeed.

Apparently the picture was taken well before the show began. And by a monkey too apparently givens its one corner of the whole arena.

Apparently the picture was taken well before the show began. And by a monkey too apparently givens its one corner of the whole arena.

First thing I thought when I saw that picture was that the person taking it wanted to make TNA and the attendance of that show look shitty. Go look at the BFG pictures if you want to see that done properly.

A dude who attended said on Reddit that it was taken just after doors opened because the chairs around the ring were full.

If you were a regular on a South Park message board and Family Guy was looking like it was going to be canceled, you'd get the same kind of shit. We're on a wrestling forum, people are going to talk about every aspect of the business.

I'm just always of the idea that more business is better business and find it hard to see how someone can revel in the failure of something just because you don't like it. I don't like ROH but I wish it the best. If not for itself, just the state of wrestling as a whole to be better. Of course people are going to say things wherever you go, but I just can't help not seeing that perspective.

I'm just always of the idea that more business is better business and find it hard to see how someone can revel in the failure of something just because you don't like it. I don't like ROH but I wish it the best. If not for itself, just the state of wrestling as a whole to be better. Of course people are going to say things wherever you go, but I just can't help not seeing that perspective.

You into sports at all?

Doesnt matter. Impact did well over a million viewers this past wednesday.

Rohs tvproduct is just a joke. Horrible production values.

Are you being serious or are you just baiting Dragon Saga?

ROH might well have lower production values, doesn't mean their show is worse.

The art-guy said:

This. But I don't think people checking the stock or whatever is the same as reveling in failure.

So what you're saying is, that the supposed second largest professional wrestling company in America, with mainstream names such as Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy on its books, who have a weekly show on a national network in prime time hours, who are funded by a multi-million dollar corporation who are now completely financing themselves as opposed to Spike TV financing themselves, only drawing 250 people to a taping for their TV show, which as stated, airs on a national network and while only watched by a million people a week, can be viewed by more then 60% of America, selling less than 250 tickets to an arena that can hold 1,000, doesn't matter?

Then you my friend are mentally ******ed and should seek benefits from your government.

[size=+3]WHAT???!!!1!1?[/size]

I was under the impression that TNA is about to knock WWE off their position as #1. :suspic:

The only reason that youre angry is because you know that im right. No matter how cheap the fanbase ls, theyre loyal, they followed impact to wednesdays. Spike didnt do much to promote the new timeslot.

Im sure detractors like meltzer/alvarez were hoping the move would do more damage than this.

The only reason that youre angry is because you know that im right. No matter how cheap the fanbase ls, theyre loyal, they followed impact to wednesdays. Spike didnt do much to promote the new timeslot.

Im sure detractors like meltzer/alvarez were hoping the move would do more damage than this.
1) Give me a rich fanbase over a cheap one, any day of the week. Those viewers are literally worth more.
2) One million viewers isn't shit for a prime-time program on extended cable. That's the reason they're leaving Spike.
3) Why on Earth would Spike promote a program that they planned on dropping?
4) TNA's "detractors" (ugh, this 'with us or against us' shit), beyond the lunatic fringe, aren't hoping TNA suffers at every step. They're looking at the facts of the situation and providing analysis as they see it.
5) Those 'detractors' who have been saying for a few years that TNA was going to be in a very serious spot if they didn't get their financial house in order were completely right, because here we are with TNA losing their TV deal, and in a BEST case scenario, moving to a network with less distribution under terms of a deal which will pay significantly less than their previous deal, as they are a television refugee without the leverage to negotiate on an equal basis.

Angry? Whose angry? You made a stupid point with nothing to back you up. I put it in black and white why there is a problem with them losing a lot of money on not just the Tuesday but also the Thursday night tapings. So here it is in even simpler words just so you can understand.

TNA are not supposed to be drawing less than 300 people to any show. They have more money then any independent wrestling company there is. There are independent wrestling company's drawing more then 300 to their shows. TNA then looks minor league because of it. If TNA looks minor league, it effects their brand image. TNA has easily one of the worst brand images in the history of wrestling, worse then WCW's who at least attained some measure of success. This effects them because their brand image is so bad that no credible network will buy their show. And if no credible network buys their show then one of two things happen 1) TNA scales back further, a lot further then they already have, to the point "TNA" won't be "TNA" anymore, It'll just be the initials of a company that used to be TNA or 2) it goes out of business.

Meltzer/Alvarez aren't detractors either, everyone says it like it is - they're having yet another very bad year. In 2010 there was a lot of buzz about TNA possibly challenging WWE in some form or another. In 2014, all TNA has to better itself then ROH, the third largest wrestling promotion in America, is a bigger TV deal, which they're soon going to have literally on borrowed time. That's a large, sizable change in four years.

Still the number two wrestling promotion in the US as long as they have a national television deal and no one else does.

This should be motivation for ROH to get a national television deal on a real network and not local affiliates in a few markets.

Also, TNA is still pulling around a million viewers weekly so there's that.

Still the number two wrestling promotion in the US as long as they have a national television deal and no one else does.

This should be motivation for ROH to get a national television deal on a real network and not local affiliates in a few markets.

Also, TNA is still pulling around a million viewers weekly so there's that.
ROH is owned by their cable network, so that's not going to happen without a change in ownership. This is going to serve as a limiting factor on their growth going forward, but Sinclair seems to be OK with that.

Also, one million viewers in prime-time isn't shit. If it was, Spike wouldn't be showing them the door. There's the tendency around these boards to compare the televised professional wrestling companies to each other, but what's more important is how those companies' television programs compare to other television programs, on a cost vs. ratings basis. Professional wrestling isn't cheap to produce, when compared to sitcoms or even clip shows like Manswers or 1,000 Ways To Die. If or when TNA moves to another network, all of those networks get significantly less viewer reach than Spike; you're going to see a ratings drop commiserate to that difference in reach, simply because some people who have been watching on Spike won't be able to watch on a new network.

If there's one thing TNA has going for them, it's that they still have the greatest con artist in the game as their Executive Producer. His job right now is to convince companies that they could do better by investing in TNA than they could by investing in reruns of a sitcom in syndication.

Just to throw this up there because Bryan Alvarez did it this morning as he does at the end of every month, ROH drew 1,300 fans to their TV taping in Wheeling, West Virginia on Saturday night, a town TNA rarely does shows in and who WWE were doing a show in on the same night in Youngstown, OH (I believe? Might be wrong about the Ohio part), so ROH went head-to-head with WWE in close proximity.

Bryan, as he always does as he's a big, "ROH is better then TNA" guy, made sure to point out that the last time TNA went to West Virginia in February, where The Wolves won the TNA Tag titles on a house show, they drew 450 people and weren't competing with anyone.

National TV has nothing to do with a size of a company - the company has everything to do with the size of the company, and right now, TNA may be the defacto number two, but not by a lot, and if you're a TNA supporter, you need to realize that's the problem. In 2014 ROH are beating TNA in a lot of departments - TV exposure only does you so much if you can use it. TNA can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back