• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lesnar reportedly goes apeshit backstage after Extreme Rules

Actually to be honest, if Cena being carried away was the said finish and he just walked up and cut a 'farewell for now' promo, that is premise for being pissed. I know Brock comes off as a big bully who just tells you what he wants what he really really wants, but if it was anybody else (not named Orton), we would see their side.

Actually to be honest, if Cena being carried away was the said finish and he just walked up and cut a 'farewell for now' promo, that is premise for being pissed. I know Brock comes off as a big bully who just tells you what he wants what he really really wants, but if it was anybody else (not named Orton), we would see their side.

Yeah, no shit. If you switched Lesnar out for Punk, everybody (except Sly) would be crucifying Cena.

He looked fucked up but once he had the mic that was where it ended. He wasn't acting fucked up and he didn't sound fucked up. It was shortly after the match that he had been layed out in for 3/4ths of it and he was walking around fine. The next night on RAW the only thing he was selling at all was the arm. I do think it hurt the story and Brock's credibility some. The booking made sense if they were actually going to sell Cena being out or hurt. If not it was a curious choice.

People are whining about how Cena made a "legit" guy like Brock come off. That credibility isn't going away. They'll always buy Brock as a beast.

People are whining about how Cena made a "legit" guy like Brock come off. That credibility isn't going away. They'll always buy Brock as a beast.

If that tough enough guy got shit on as much as he did for the way he took the stunner then I find this line of discussion at least reasonable. It isn't like people were going to suddenly start believing the stunner was ineffective. It is about story telling.

They will, but there is a case to be made about how they switched the finish. Cena being carried off would've been better for Brock.

But I actually like it that they fucked with him like this.

Only if you believe this story...

The real tragedy of this story is that I closed this thread in the main forums, and actually have more respect for it to be discussed intelligently in the Bar Room than in the general forums. I'm not sure if that's more telling of the Bar Room or the main forums.

Wow, *sigh*, I, uh, really didn't think this needed to be said again. It's not like you don't see it parroted every 48 seconds through the spam sections again, but here goes.

megaphone_1758441i.jpg

THE NON-SPAM SECTIONS ARE FULL OF ******S

Not really. Knee-jerk reactions a lot, yeah.

I'd take enthusiastic 'Cena sucks' posts than elitist 'Ring psychology' blabber at times.

They will, but there is a case to be made about how they switched the finish. Cena being carried off would've been better for Brock.
I somehow doubt the WWE cares what is better for Brock, as opposed what's better for Cena/WWE.

Yeah, no shit. If you switched Lesnar out for Punk, everybody (except Sly) would be crucifying Cena.
So basically what you're saying is the WWE and/or Brock Lesnar has once again found a way to get people to dislike him.

If only that had been their plan...wait......

So basically what you're saying is the WWE and/or Brock Lesnar has once again found a way to get people to dislike him.

If only that had been their plan...wait......

I have already stated that I don't think this is an issue. People get angry sometimes. Shit happens. If it's all a work, awesome.

Brock Lesnar: WHAT THE FUCK, WHY DID YOU MOTHERFUCKERS CHANGE THE ENDING?

1268342663.5776.brock_lesnar_20090529_1554705406_display_image.jpg

GRRRRARRGGGGGGGGHROAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

BROCKMADBROCKSMASHBROCKGETREVENGEONWORLD!

Vince McMahon: Hey Brock. Deal with it. My company, not yours.

The real tragedy of this story is that I closed this thread in the main forums, and actually have more respect for it to be discussed intelligently in the Bar Room than in the general forums. I'm not sure if that's more telling of the Bar Room or the main forums.

I have noticed that in the main forums, there is an ever-constant influx of fucking idiots. Everybody with a keyboard and an opinion posts in there and discussions like this easily and quickly degrade.

So both sides agreed to a finish, then the WWE calls an audible, perhaps with Brock not knowing, and the blame is on Lesnar?
There is a mature way to handle something and an immature way. Guess which one Brock picked?

I am more inclined to believe it, mostly because it gives away an agreed upon ending. This gives away the scripted nature of the business, while already known doesn't mean the promotions like to give too much about it away.

If this incident is true, then I can see both sides of it. Never a good thing to change the ending without everyone knowing about it, but Brock could've handled it more maturely- after all, he's the "new guy" right now. If he's handling things like this after 1 month back, how will he react to something of a larger caliber that doesn't go his way after he's been back for a year?

One more note in Cena's defense: It's not like the "new" ending was that far off from the "planned" ending. The planned ending called for Cena to be carried out. The "new" ending had Cena selling his arm injury as legit and making it sound as though Brock has put him out of commission indefinitely with a tear or break. Same general effect. If anything, this new ending is fresher. We see guys "carried out" all the time (well, not all the time, but we see it happen). How often post-match do we get an interview in which a bloody and battered wrestler (with his lifeless arm dangling) says, "yeah, I think this guy just completely tore up my arm, I might be gone for a while."

Don't care if it's true or not, I still love watching the guy beat the living shit out of people.

Hellz yes!

Some people act as if this type of behavior is new coming from Lesnar. he's always been quick tempered. So reading this comes as little surprise too me. I do wish he would grow up and act more professionally about these things and not act as some hot headed tantrum throwing child,but hey,it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back