Lee, tdigle and Sound of Madness

Hulk Hogan's Brother

Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
Can you guys suggest some good horror video games to play? The catch is that they need to be on the older systems like SNES, N64 and so on. NDS and other handheld systems would work too. PC games are also allowed but I would prefer some from the systems I named above.

I am asking you guys since you guys are the goods when it comes to video games. Especially tdigle and SOM as horror video games seems to be their genre.

If you can, please name some games.

Don't know if it counts but Shadow Man was a great game for me when I was younger. I think it was on the N64 and it was quite scary If my memory is working.

If you have a great PC, Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

One Night Full Circle is another one. If you Google it it's the third link. It plays like an SNES-era RPG with a unique battle system. Check it out.

Thanks Doc. I'll definately try out both games especially One Night Full Circle. It definately sounds very interesting.

The reason why I wanted games on older systems is because I am playing on them a lot lately mostly to check out games in the tournament. Horror is a genre that I haven't played much so I definately wanted to check them out.

If anyone here has a PS2, a copy of RPG Maker 3, and a way of putting save files on their memory cards, then you can play the game I consider to be the absolute scariest thing I have ever played. It's called Whispers in the Woods, and there really aren't very many jump-scares, and the story seems a bit generic on first glance, but the atmosphere is just haunting, and the game has stuck with me for a long, long time. Didn't help that I got the bad ending.

It's a shame it's so inconvenient to get working.

System Shock 2(Epic story)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
These are both PC games. I choose the latter because it has an epic sanity system and it is genuinely haunting. If you have a gamecube then definitely play Eternal Darkness - Sanity's Requiem

If you have a great PC, Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

No. NO. NO!

The game is completely overrated. It may be scary the first time around but eventually you get the hang of it and it loses all aspects of horror. I found Penumbra Black Plague to be better as though it has some of the same things, makes you come face to face with enemies sometimes. Either way don't play Amnesia. In fact, play Clock Tower instead.

Don't know if it counts but Shadow Man was a great game for me when I was younger. I think it was on the N64 and it was quite scary If my memory is working.

This man knows good games and yes it was on N64.

I'd also recommend RE1 if you can get past the hilarious voice acting.

Sweet Home. Just trust me, it's a horror RPG with decent length to it

If you want something scarier, Clock Tower for SNES

I never found the original Evil Dead or any Evil Dead scary for that matter. Alone in the Dark also sucks apart from what I've seen from the first one. The fourth one looked good in its trailer but i remember they took away what stood out about it(Some centipede thing if i am correct). Myriad, any game that has been inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft seems to deliver well in scares at least in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back