Lebron's worst nightmare...

ThAwRe$tLiNgGaWd

Will Work for Green Rep!
First of all, I am Ohio born and bred and grew up a Cavs fans so the following, although we would take would be just a little bittersweet.

As we all know LeBron has not made his decision. I hoping he stays with the Cavs, but that's just me and pretty much all of Ohio. Hey, growing up rooting for Cleveland area sports we are pretty use to the big letdowns. My gut says he will stay, but lets just say that LeBron does decide to leave his hometown and goes where ever it is he chooses to go (instant pariah). Everyone knows that if LeBron leaves this Cavs team it immediately becomes a 20 win team, if they're lucky. They would be the butt of everyone's jokes. The team would be crushed, the city would be leveled, hopes and dreams gone into the cold bitter lake. Whatever destination he chooses, whether it be Chicago, Miami, or NY/NJ, it would be a tremendous disaster if he has a first round exit in the playoffs or worse miss them all together. Remember that rag-tag group he left behind to rot in lottery eternity? Well they prove that they don't need LeBron to survive, they win 40+ games and get into the playoffs (LeBron all of a sudden has a headache). The Cavs won their first round series! (LeBron needs to lie down to rest). Breezed by in the second round. (Mr. LBJ's head is spinning all around). They cruise past the conference championship and into the NBA Finals (LeBron is on suicide watch)! Can you believe it folks?! The Cleveland Cavaliers, without LeBron James wins the NBA Title!!! (LeBron makes his decent from his 63rd floor Manhattan apartment window)! Buuuuuut, then he wakes up, rolls out of bed and makes a 90 foot jumpshot backwards, while pouring a cup of coffee.

Wouldn't that be total irony?! Could you imagine the impact that would have on that man's physche, his ego?! Wouldn't that be sick to think that LeBron could fail in his championship ventures while it brings the once-thought lowly Cavs much success?! But again, I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Much like the Ravens did to us winning the Superbowl after their first year gone, LeBron will probably win the NBA Title in his first year with a new team and shove it down our throats.

The much famed Ewing Theory. Of course it could happen. For those who don't know what it is, it's basically the theory that whenever a big name players leaves a team due to a trade/retirement/injury, etc. and the team is written off, only to be much more successful than first thought. Patrick Ewing and the New York Knicks is the #1 example, as well as others such as Tiki and the Giants, Bret Hart and the WWF, etc. Click here for more reading.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1193711

Of course, this isn't going to apply here because realistically the Cavs have nothing without LeBron. Any NBA team whose 2 best players are Antwan Jamison and Mo Williams isn't going to go very far at all. I don't doubt that LeBron may struggle next year, especially if he decides not to go to Chicago, but even in the wildest dreams of Cav's fans they can't be expecting too much if he goes.

The Ewing theory doesn't come into play often and this is a completely different situation. Ewing was in his mid 30's when he got injured in the 99 playoffs and a shell of his former self. Tiki Barber played the most replaceable position in football and was able to be replaced.

LeBron is the best player in basketball. At the worst he is second behind Kobe. He is a guy that cannot be replaced in just a year or two. The Cavs will win under 30 games without him and that is being generous. He is that franchise and is in the prime of his career.

Well to be honest, I don't think this will happen... Nope. But could it? Yes, it is sports, who knows, that's the beauty of it, anything can happen. Now am I willing to bet my house that if the Cavs lose Lebron James that they'll win the NBA Championship? No. Hell I wouldn't bet 2 cents on it happening, but yes it would be Lebron's worse nightmare.

Not only would it not happen, if LeBron decides to leave, the city of Cleveland would be done. LeBron is what's driving that city. Him leaving would be the biggest hit to Cleveland, much more than the Browns leaving for Baltimore. The Cavs were a team no one cared about before LeBron, and it will turn out that way if he leaves. As a Cavs fan, I'm sure your praying to whatever God will hellp that he stays because you know what will happen if he doesn't. I hate to be blunt, but everyone knows (including you Cavs fans) what a monumental hit losing the best (arguably) player in world would be to Cleveland.

Or I could just be nice and say Cleveland won't miss him. In fact they'll win a title before James does. Somehow I don't feel as confident typing those words tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back