LeBron James Decision LD

Same with Kobe. Great, but not Jordan.

It'll die down a lot soon enough. Cavs will be lucky to win 20 games next year.

Yeah, Kobe still hasn't reached Jordan's status yet.

It sucks for Cleveland. His presence resurrected that dead franchise.

He never will. I see it like HHH vs. Austin. No matter how great Kobe gets, Jordan is just on a higher level. Kobe hasn't ever been the undisputed best in the league. There's an argument for Lebron. There was no argument over Jordan.

He never will. I see it like HHH vs. Austin. No matter how great Kobe gets, Jordan is just on a higher level. Kobe hasn't ever been the undisputed best in the league. There's an argument for Lebron. There was no argument over Jordan.
Kobe is (and pretty much always has been) a better player then LeBron. How can LeBron have an argument, yet Kobe not?

I mean there's an argument that Lebron is better than Kobe and vice versa. Jordan in his prime never had any legit competition.

When people talk about the Lakers first three-peat, they'll always bring up how that team would've never been as dominant as it was without Shaq. That's one of the things that will always end up hurting his ranking amongest the legends. Shaq was a beast back then, and Kobe hadn't scored 81 points in a single game yet........

And Shaq > Pippen. Also Jordan took the world by storm, not just the NBA. You can't really say that about either of these guys.

Well, to be fair KB, Kobe was kind of on his way to that status, but then the trial ruined everything for him. I'm not saying he would've reached Jordan's status as far as being a worldwide icon goes, but the trial was definitely a huge bump in the road.

I think the burning of Jame's jersey is childish. Cleveland will probably take a long time to get over this, because before Lebron, the Cavaliers were a joke. They had shitty attendance, and the team was terrible. What else do they have as far as sports go? The Browns? Indians? So I can understand the anger, but I still think it's childish.

I couldn't care any less about Miami, or any team from Ohio. I like how LJ said this was a "humbling" experience. Yeah, really modest...you had a nation-wide press conference to say which team you were going to. What a sham this whole thing was.

I'm almost vommitting about the whole thing. I'm so sad for Cleveland. And now...LeBron has pretty much conceded that he can't be the best player of all-time.

Yeah its crazy here in town down everyone is saying fuck Lebron and also a couple of fans were saying they were going to burn the Q:confused: which I doubt that will happen. And also burned or paint remove that poster. Crazy fans here.

The way Lebron did it is also just sickening. I don't even care about charity, you basically have a press conference where you kill the heart of the Cavs and Cleveland and that's just a douche move to do.

It was big news, it's not really a big deal, everyone wanted to know where he would go so he set up a press confrence. Would you rather wake up one morning and turn on ESPN and it be on the ticker? This was the biggest thing in the NBA in a long long time so have the confrence was fine.

It was big news, it's not really a big deal, everyone wanted to know where he would go so he set up a press confrence. Would you rather wake up one morning and turn on ESPN and it be on the ticker? This was the biggest thing in the NBA in a long long time so have the confrence was fine.

I don't care that he had the conference in the first place, it was the getting the one hour special and everything around it. No other player did this. He got some special treatment like he's fucking Jesus or something and ended up basically killing the Cavs for several years, barring a miracle.

I'm also not the best source since I've been a life long Cavs fan and this has just murdered the rest of the next few days for me.

Lol did anyone see Dan Gilbert's reaction?

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

I don't care that he had the conference in the first place, it was the getting the one hour special and everything around it. No other player did this. He got some special treatment like he's fucking Jesus or something and ended up basically killing the Cavs for several years, barring a miracle.

I'm also not the best source since I've been a life long Cavs fan and this has just murdered the rest of the next few days for me.
I'm sorry your team lost LeBron, I would be pissed too, but LeBron is huge, I mean huge, so yes he gets something this big for his announcement, everyone wanted to hear it and know why. It was only an hour and it was to talk about why he chose Miami. He did sign an extension with Cleveland before and they didn't win so it's not like he took off asap, he stuck around and they couldn't get over the hump, yet now he has a chance to play with Wade and Bosh which is a one time opportunity. so he took it. If it was all about him and money he would have went to the Knicks but he went where he has the best chance to win.(at least that's what they think, I don't think they'll be all they're cracked up to be)

I'm sorry your team lost LeBron, I would be pissed too, but LeBron is huge, I mean huge, so yes he gets something this big for his announcement, everyone wanted to hear it and know why. It was only an hour and it was to talk about why he chose Miami. He did sign an extension with Cleveland before and they didn't win so it's not like he took off asap, he stuck around and they couldn't get over the hump, yet now he has a chance to play with Wade and Bosh which is a one time opportunity. so he took it. If it was all about him and money he would have went to the Knicks but he went where he has the best chance to win.(at least that's what they think, I don't think they'll be all they're cracked up to be)

When I try and be objective about it, this team won't work. I know people will be willing to take minimum contracts and there's one midlevel exception, but none of them can back these guys up. If one or two of them gets hurt, the team is nothing. If all 3 were to somehow get injured, they'd be worse than the Nets from last season. This team is now too dependent on these 3 and their health and the ability for them to co-exist the whole season.

When I'm being unobjective and the pissed fan that I am, I'm happy that if he leaves he goes there, considering I don't think they can win. I'll be happy if he never wins a title in Miami. I also just heard Wade say that some players will "also" have to sacrifice to be on the team. They'll probably get 14 or 15 million instead of 16. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT A SACRIFICE?!

Fuck Lebron, he's basically admitted he's not good enough to get a championship himself, and now the people of Cleveland have lost the one bright star in sports they had, because he has to ride the coattails of Wade to get a championship. I was a fan of Lebron at one point, but now he's proven to be nothing more than a failure as a superstar, and he realizes it. If he were a true star he'd take it upon himself to win a championship on his own, instead he'll be the Pippen to Wade's Jordan. The Heat are Wade's team first and foremost, much like the Cavs were James'. Now James has relegated himself to second banana and not the greatest basketball player that lives today.

Fuck Lebron, I hope Durant wins a title before you. He's a legit star, and he's got you know, fucking Loyalty, and it ain't even his hometown team like yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back