Lebron James.. Can he become the NBA's all time scoring leader?

BooCocky

On A Nature walk with Daniel Bryan
I believe there are several James threads but none are current so I decided to start a new one.

In the middle of March Lebron James beat a Kobe Bryant record by almost two years. James became the youngest player in NBA history to reach 15,000 points. At the age of 25 he is roughly 23,000 points behind Abdul Jabbar for the NBA all time scoring record. When James retire will he have more than 38,387 points? Or will he fall just short of that record?

I believe he is going to catch him and give him a urn for his money. James is the most dominant player in the NBA and he will continue to improve. He still has a lengthy basketball career ahead of him and if he stays healthy I believe he has a chance to surpass Abdul Jabbars record. This is if he decides to play well into his thirties, if not he might not even surpass Malone or MJ. If James continues at his record pace I believe he can. He's been in the league not even seven years and he has 15,000 points. That is unbelievable. Will James retire as the NBA's all time scoring leader?

Yes I beleive he can. In 6 seasons he has scored 15000 points, he still has another 9 or 10 seasons in him, so if he can stay injury free, he can make it no problem

I think he definetly can. First of all, LeBron started much younger, coming straight from high school. He is obviously also one of the most dominant player in the league with an average supporting cast. Imagine what he does when he has a somewhat decent supporting cast? Kareem didn't have an completely ridiculous years, his career high was 34 points per game, which is definetly something LeBron can do, possibly multiple times in his career. If he wants to, I don't see how he's not going to break the scoring record.

Of course he can. No player has ever come into the league at such a young age and started scoring at the pace he did right away. Kobe didn;t average over 20 ppg until his 4th season (although in his third year he averaged 19.9). LeBron averaged 20.9 ppg in his first year and has averaged over 27 ppg every year since then.

The only things that can stop LeBron are injuries or if he retires early. He has never had a major injury before so right now that isn't a factor and he doesn't really seem like the type of guy who is going to retire early so chances are he will have the all time scoring record when it's all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back