LeBron James the Point Guard

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
There was a debate on espn.com the other day between two of their analysts about whether or not Kevin Durant will ever be as good as LeBron. The main argument brought up for LeBron was how great of a passer he was. Chris Broussard, the analyst arguing for LeBron, said that James is on par with the best passers in the league and I tend to agree.

The only guys that I really think could compete with him at this point are Steve Nash, CP3, and Deron Williams. LeBron averaged 8.6 assists per game this season while also averaging nearly 30 points per game. He is easily the best scorer/passer since Oscar Robertson.

So my question is where do you think LeBron would rank amongst point guards if he played the point full time? And also how do you think LeBron's passing abilities rank with the elite point guards in the league?

This is one area I agree 100%. A lot of people see his flashy dunks or points he scores but he is one of the best passers in the league. If he played point I could see him in the top 3 easily, if not the best. His size would make him difficult to defend. He basically runs the offense in Cleveland so I doubt it would be difficult for him to be the best at point.

As far as hispassing is concerned, he's right there at the top. There are times where i m more amazed at the passes he gets off more than the shots he takes. He fit a pass in with the best of them. I would put him at the top right now as far as being a passer. I know Willams and Nash are hellava passers themselves, but Lebron just has that eye and ability that not too many posess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back