Lagana's Plans for "Non-Impact TNA Bullshit"

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
http://pwinsider.com/article/62515/...e-end-of-2011-full-exclusive-details.html?p=1

TNA hired Dave Lagana not to work on the existing Impact Wrestling series, but to take part in a brand new project the company will be launching later this year in India. The new project will be a weekly series for the Indian market that will not be utilizing the TNA brand name, PWInsider.com has exclusively learned.

Sources indicate that the project, which has been spearheaded by Jeff Jarrett, will be taping for a week in December in India with an additional week of tapings also scheduled for January 2012.

The project will be a completely separate entity from TNA - both in terms of the creative team and the roster of talents. Joining Lagana and Jarrett on the creative end of things will be Dutch Mantel.

NO KHALI NO KHALI NO KHALI

Duh. Yet another dumbass who doesn't get that wrestling will be popular in India regardless of whether it is aimed at the Indian market or not. And by popular I mean that popular among kids and teenagers. The adults are NEVER going to be interested in it.

Either that or they think that we are dumbasses who will throw money at any shit they might have to offer.

Pretty much no one in India gives a damn about TNA/Impact.

This is a bad move and would backfire on them.

Duh. Yet another dumbass who doesn't get that wrestling will be popular in India regardless of whether it is aimed at the Indian market or not. And by popular I mean that popular among kids and teenagers. The adults are NEVER going to be interested in it.

Either that or they think that we are dumbasses who will throw money at any shit they might have to offer.

What if it's an hour of Khali playing cricket?

"They took our jobs!"

If this is half a success I predict it will turn in to another invasion angle. I hope they bring Naan, that stuff is awesome.

Depends who he is playing against..:shrug:

Also seeing that Khali can barely move, I doubt he can run/walk the whole 22 yards(the length of a cricket pitch).

Won't work. Even news channels here haven't broadcasted Khali for more than 10 minutes here. Not even his countrymen can tolerate him for more than that. Also we are pretty harsh on bad cricketers. And the good ones, great ones and the legends as well.

India will embrace wrestling if they ever become civilized like us.

There isn't much of a difference between the cultures, you know. We may not like to see sweaty men in tights fight it out but we do not have a problem seeing men sweating it out by dancing around trees like idiots while pretending to sing a song.

They should hold events in Call centres.

I myself am looking forward to Patel Vs Patel though.

Wasn't there a nationally broadcast wrestling show for a while, called 100% De Dhana Dan or something?

Pretty much no one in India gives a damn about TNA/Impact.

This is a bad move and would backfire on them.
Source? That's so ignorant. I bet you don't even know who their president is let alone the general opinion of the entire population. Unless you've done social research on this topic you're just a stupid cunt. Are you black or something?

Source? That's so ignorant. I bet you don't even know who their president is let alone the general opinion of the entire population. Unless you've done social research on this topic you're just a stupid cunt. Are you black or something?

He's Indian.

So let me get this straight.

TNA can't afford to go on the road full time, yet they can afford to set up a new promotion in India? How does that work?

No, I'm not black. I am Indian. That is how i know about India.

TNA can't afford to go on the road full time, yet they can afford to set up a new promotion in India? How does that work?
You make it sound like it costs a lot of money. They're probably using a twister game as the mat and some bricks as the turnbuckles. Just put that thing between a dead hobo and a pile of dog shit and you got yourself a promotion in India.

Teaming up with another promotion would be my guess. I know WWP (the South African federation where Justin Gabriel came from) produced about 30 shows for the Indian market before. TNA might send some of their less important tallents and maybe a disposable top guy over there and do a bit of cross promotion in the area.

Wasn't there a nationally broadcast wrestling show for a while, called 100% De Dhana Dan or something?

Yes there was that show. It was telecasted on prime time and that too on a pretty big channel. It got canned after one season. It was shit though. The wrestling was below average, commentary was the worst part of it though.

I'm surprised that you know about it, though.

Kotre is South African I'm guessing.

You know I dunno, there is a ver very mainstream interest in India with Wrestling it's a 'only the big names cut it, others can suck it' kind a thing. One thing I can tell you is that a guy like Jeff Hardy would be pivotal for attracting crowds. People know more about Hardy coz his WWE run than they will ever Sting's pasty face regardless of all his time in WCW.

I'm sceptically optimistic actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back