LA Clippers, how will it pan out?

Khalifa

Where it at doe?
Ok so lets just start off with the first reason I started this thread, they have the #1 draft pick ( Oh and I called it, trust me I did). Which is a big thing. Anything can happen here put they have already declared who they are going to pick, Blake Griffen. He is a dynimo power forward and will he really hard to stop after he has had 3 or 4 years in the NBA. Now lets move on a bit.

Clippers already have a good team ( well on paper). They have Baron Davis, Randolph ( who seemed to go back to his 20,10 ways this year), Eric Gordon ( Who will be a star in the future), Marcus Camby ( Defensive player of the year 2007), Kaman ( was up and coming but yeah), and then you have a few other players that can just light up a game at anytime like Mr.Triple Double ( Ricky Davis hahahah) etc etc. Now look at that team, that is a pretty damn good team. That is easily a team that should not be getting the top draft pick ( I know injuries and stuff).

So if they take Griffin will it be a plus or a take? They already have Kaman on the bench would they want Randolph on the as well? What will happen the Clippers next year? Will they make playoffs?

They're just too injury prone to do something special next year. I mean, I love Baron Davis and I think at full health, he's one of the very best players in the NBA. The dude cannot be stopped whenever he's 100% and determined. With that said though, he gets injured quite often. That could of course stop happening and he could finally start living up to his full potential, but my hopes aren't high for that.

The rest of the names you're listing are very inconsistent. They're decent role players, but not very good leaders. None of them can take over a game and lead their team to victory like Baron Davis can. Zack Randolph, again... inconsistent. His size hurts him, too. Marcus Camby is injury prone like Baron Davis and honestly.. I don't think he gives a fuck anymore, anyway. Ricky Davis and Chris Kaman can show signs of greatness one game, and the very next make you wonder why are these two motherfuckers in the NBA to begin with. And I don't know much about Eric Gordon.

As far as Blake Griffen is concerned, I'm not too sure how it'll pan out for him. He was a great college player, but so was Christian Laettner. Blake is just too undersized to be a Power Forward or Center, and he's too slow and can't shoot well enough to be a Small Forward. But maybe he can overcome that? Who knows? Big Baby was able to overcome his size this year, so I could be totally wrong. But for now, I don't expect him to make a large impact in the NBA. I think he'll be a very good role player on the right team, and a guy who can get the crowd going with his dunks and hustle (sort of like Birdman in Denver), but that's about it.

Overall, unless they make a drastic trade from now to then, or sign someone huge, I don't see the Clippers being a Playoff team next year, or anytime soon after that.

They're just too injury prone to do something special next year. I mean, I love Baron Davis and I think at full health, he's one of the very best players in the NBA. The dude cannot be stopped whenever he's 100% and determined. With that said though, he gets injured quite often. That could of course stop happening and he could finally start living up to his full potential, but my hopes aren't high for that.

The rest of the names you're listing are very inconsistent. They're decent role players, but not very good leaders. None of them can take over a game and lead their team to victory like Baron Davis can. Zack Randolph, again... inconsistent. His size hurts him, too. Marcus Camby is injury prone like Baron Davis and honestly.. I don't think he gives a fuck anymore, anyway. Ricky Davis and Chris Kaman can show signs of greatness one game, and the very next make you wonder why are these two motherfuckers in the NBA to begin with. And I don't know much about Eric Gordon.

As far as Blake Griffen is concerned, I'm not too sure how it'll pan out for him. He was a great college player, but so was Christian Laettner. Blake is just too undersized to be a Power Forward or Center, and he's too slow and can't shoot well enough to be a Small Forward. But maybe he can overcome that? Who knows? Big Baby was able to overcome his size this year, so I could be totally wrong. But for now, I don't expect him to make a large impact in the NBA. I think he'll be a very good role player on the right team, and a guy who can get the crowd going with his dunks and hustle (sort of like Birdman in Denver), but that's about it.

Overall, unless they make a drastic trade from now to then, or sign someone huge, I don't see the Clippers being a Playoff team next year, or anytime soon after that.

Yeah Kaman and Davis are really useless at some points but Kaman did show promise in the last half of the 2006-2007 so if he keeps it up he could be a good center. Davis isn't that good but he sorta has that X-factor, but it wont happen that often. I just put him there mainly because of the X-factor. Gordon is good. This was his first year in the NBA. He is a scoring machine when he has his nights and he is very athletic on defense. Camby looks like he doesn't care that much but I think he wonts to win a championship real bad, I just think he hides his emotions. I don't wont Griffen to be picked at number 1 either but Clippers already said they want him. Personally If I was them I would take Jennings to back up Gordon/B Diddy.

I don't know if having the number 1 pick will actually help the Clippers. Sure their team looks solid on paper, but somehow during either the off season or during the season, their racist owner somehow manages to turn a good thing into a disaster(having Cuttino Mobley being your first free agent signee in 30 years is just, well shit).

Now personally I don't think that Blake Griffin should be the teams #1 pick cause he seems to be a bit undersized for a Power Forward & I don't know if he will turn out to be a great player in the NBA. I agree with Pippen with taking Jennings to back up Gordon & Baron so that way the guard position will have more depth & you can't go wrong with more depth cause a huge injury could happen very quick.

Well, questioning Blake Griffin is down right ridiculous. The guy had a knack for scoring, always finding ways to get to the basket, and you simply can not teach that. He is roughly 6'10 and 250 pounds. He will not grow height wise, but his body sure as hell can. Add some, and a decent mid rang jump shot and you got yourself a baller. The man was a tremendous rebounder, and I always found him to be sneaky quick.

The Clippers will still suck though. Davis can't stay healthy, I don't believe their coach has it, and having a good team on paper doesn't win you games. If I had the number one pick and you were looking for a big man I would go with Thabeet because he has a lot to learn...

Griffin is great, but he'll be like Chris Bosh. A really good player stuck on a team that isn't going anywhere. I mean seriously, who do they really have besides Eric Gordon. Baron Davis is well past his prime. Randolph and Davis are train wrecks. Camby hasn't done anything for awhile. Mike Dunleavy is an atroucious coach/GM.

Even with Griffin, the future doesn't look too bright for the Clippers.

Well we are talking about the Clippers here so we could very well be giving Blake Griffin a death wish if he is drafted by the Clippers. If Griffin does go and I very well expect him to go to the Clippers then they will be in the playoffs next year book it! Haha nah they wont be as their core is well just to unpredictable.

Baron Davis is injury prone and best suited for an uptempo style of game and the Clippers don't necessary play that style with bigs of Kamen, Camby, Randolph, and soon to be Griffen. I think the Clippers after the draft or during the draft will try to move one of the bigs of either Kamen or Camby though Camby has the most value due to his defensive presence. I could also see Baron going if the right deal comes along, but if it was I in charge I just take what ever I can get to get his contract off the books and use that money next year in the "greatest free agent class of 2010."

Honestly, the Clippers need to cut cash like the Knicks and start all over again with their young guys of Gordon, Thorton, Jordan, and soon to be Griffin. The west is just too deep and the Clippers need a lot more than what their current roster has to win it all let alone complete for a playoff spot, which be nothing better than the 7th or 8th spot.

he could be great...but they wont make the playoffs....i mean it is the clippers the detriot lions of basketball....but bball is different where one player can change a team...ala king james....i think the clippers should start over...eric gordon has a great future...would of won IU a title had that idoit coach screwed us...and add griffin...and also wait for like said the free agent class of 10 and spend some money for a d wade to compete in the city wit kobe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back