Kyle Orton or Tony Romo?

In last night's preseason game, Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo made a 22-yard pass to Dez Bryant. Other than that, Dallas only made 2 yards in the first drive. Missing two of the five presumed starters, the Dallas offensive line allowed two Raiders’ pass-rushers to take a shot at Tony Romo, one ending in a sack, and opened no room for DeMarco Murray or Felix Jones, who combined for four yards on four carries.
And in comes Kyle Orton, who serves up an 11-play, 67-yard drive to set up a 33-yard field goal by Dan Bailey, the only points on the board for the entire game.

Looking at the stat links below and what happened last night, who do you think Dallas should start for the 2012-2013 season?

Kyle Orton

Tony Romo

Pre

Season

Football

That's what this is summed up as. These games mean absolutely nothing and prove absolutely nothing. Romo only played a series or two and threw six passes. You can't determine a thing about a season based on one series. Romo has had success over the years and fits into the offense far better at the moment. This means nothing at all.

Ortons a very good backup QB. Should not be a starting QB. Romo has proved enough where even 4 performances like this in the preseason wouldn't let him lose his job. Don't know why this is even being asked. Romo on his game is a top 10 QB. Ortons maybe top 20 when he's on, and he's inconsistent more than Romo. Don't take much of anything into these preseason games.

Kyle Orton is the perfect back-up quarterback. He's had his chances as a starter in this league and they never went well. However, he's also been able to do enough when called upon to step-in for an either injured or struggling starter and be depended on not to make big mistakes and do what needed to be done.

With Tony Romo, there are flashes when you see that he has potential to be a top 5 Quarterback in this league, and it's hard for the Cowgirls to put the axe to him just yet because of that, and you can't blame them. But I truly believe this is his last year to make something big happen for that team and if he doesn't do it, then the 'Girls will most definitely be heading into a different direction. That direction will not be Kyle Orton, though.

Im sure Kyle put up those numbers against second string defenses. Kyle is a good backup but as a starter he cant take over a game and carry a team. Saw it in Denver yup put great numbers up but once Tebow (which isnt all that great) stepped in they won games. Tony Romo gives Dallas its best shot at winning games and at times has shown flashes of elite QB play. So play Tony Romo

As a Bears fan, I have to say Kyle Orton is a damn fine back-up quarterback. He is very reliable if you have the right tools around your offense to make his day easier, usually a solid running game and a good play making guy to throw to and he won't do your team wrong for a game or 3. But that is not to say he will do your team right. His one year he was the starter for the Bears he was carried by the Bears defense and the emergence of Matt Forte. But when it came down to Orton actually having to go above and beyond he let down the team. Orton is good, but he is not that great to start over Romo. I hate Tony Romo, I hate his face, but you can not argue that he has had more success in the NFL than Orton or for that matter most quarterbacks.

Pre

Season

Football

That's what this is summed up as. These games mean absolutely nothing and prove absolutely nothing. Romo only played a series or two and threw six passes. You can't determine a thing about a season based on one series. Romo has had success over the years and fits into the offense far better at the moment. This means nothing at all.

And all this time I was thinking it played a role in who makes the final cuts for the roster or position battles on the depth chart.

I'd like to start this post by saying I highly dislike Tony Romo. That being said, he is easily the most unappreciated quarterback in the NFL. For his career Romo has completed 64.5% of his passes, he has 152 touchdown passes to just 73 interceptions, and he has a career record of 48-30. That is pretty damn impressive. Yes he does tend to turn the ball over occasionally at inopportune times and he is just 1-3 in the playoffs but the guy gets way too much hate. He is so much better then Kyle Orton it isn't even funny.

I know I'm probably a little late here, but is this a joke? Why would any coach in their right mind, start a Quarterback they signed this year as a backup, over a Quarterback the team has had and started for seven years now?

Say want you want about Tony Romo, the guy is a starting Quarterback. He has an average rating of 96.9, and he's gone to three straight pro bowls. What has Kyle Orton done? He's stunk up three teams in the last seven years, and had his former team make the playoffs the year they benched him. Tim Tebow beat out Kyle Orton for the starting job in Denver, and even he isn't starting QB caliber.

Kyle Orton was lucky to play as a starter for as long as he did. He's a great back up for the Cowboys, but his inability to get the job done on the field is not something I'd want for a full time starting Quarterback. On top of that, it was a preseason game. Different people are in there at different times, it's how it works.

Romo is a good quarterback surrounded by a lack of chemistry. They all live in Jerry’s world wear they are the sideshow to his stadium which is becoming more and more the main attraction in Dallas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back