• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle or Triple H.......who will be 17x champ first

sharpsh00ter23

Occasional Pre-Show
Just for courtesy sake, if this thread needs to be relocated to another heading, please do so. I apologize ahead of time because I didn't know where to place this thread due to it involving WWE and TNA.

Triple H and Kurt Angle have 13 title reigns a piece in their current wrestling career. Two big questions are who will be the first to break :worship:The Naitch's illustrious 16 time World Championship record? The bigger question is who deserves that accolade more?

Any thoughts? :lmao:

It's probably best in "General Wrestling", but that's for a mod to choose...

As far as who will break it first, I'll go with Edge. Yeah, not HHH, and not Angle. Angle is for all intents and purposes, out of the title picture right now. It's AJ v. Sting, and Matt Morgan and Hernandez are both waiting in the wings. Kurt also has an angle going with the World Elite, and it'd be stupid to give him title matches with all that going on.

HHH right now has DX, and hasn't been a part of the title picture for a few months now. I know this will change eventually, but it doesn't seem to be changing within the year, so I doubt he'll get to 4 more titles quickly.

That leaves Edge. I'm not counting his reigns right now, but I know that he does win them pretty often, and has a bad habit of playing hot potato with them. So, I can see him coming in and going back and forth with someone over the title for a year or so, putting him over 16 by accident.

Sadly it will be HHH he never puts anyone over and always expects to be in the main event picture very surprised hes out of it right now with the whole thing him and orton had going there for a while.. but mark my words the month that DX dies.. he will be pushed right back to the title picture.. and will eventually win the belt.. rick flair is like his Mentor and best friend he i believe somewhere stated he wanted HHH to break the record if anyone did.. so it will be him..

It will be Triple H. He has a pull backstage within the WWE cause of his father in law. Unless Kurt can get pass his psychological problems with Rhaka Khan and the other problems he has with drinking and drugs, then I could see him oding it first. However I doubt that is going to happen so Im going to put my money on Triple H.

I can't disagree much with NightShift on Edge being the guy to surpass the legendary 16x mark. He does have a tendency to get the title lose it and get it back over and over so it would make sense that he would by accident surpass the 16x mark.

Between the given options though I'd have to say it's a toss up really. Negating everything going on at the moment, I'd say that Kurt Angel has a better shot of doing it in TNA than Triple H doing it first in WWE. Kurt Angle is a steeple in the World Title picture of TNA and it is only a matter of time until he gets the title again unless he leaves. It doesn't matter who is or is not the champ at any point, Kurt Angle can take it away from them and most likely will be back in that picture after this whole World Elite business is over.

Triple H on the other hand I think is the more deserving of the two, and should be the most likely. But take a look, I am a huge Triple H mark and I'm not afraid to say or show it.

Seriously though, this guy has earned it. People are very quick to judge Triple H and I understand why. He is an easy target since he has been in the title picture for going on a decade and his personal relationships haven't helped the argument of why. I say it's because he's the best at what he does, others say because he's married to the bosses daughter, sabotaged other peoples careers, and wormed his way onto the writing staff to do so on and on. Take a good look at his career and you'll see that he really has earned it. This guy payed his dues, took his bumps, and worked his way to the top, that's all there is to that. Some people have a problem with it because their favorite guy didn't and it's a damn travesty but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Some have to lose and some have to win. Triple H has put plenty of guys over no matter what your definition of that be, he's had to come back from injuries that would retire most people, he always gives his best in the ring, is arguably the best at what he does, and I'm sorry, but Ric Flair gave this guy the nod of approval already and set up for him to be the guy to surpass his record 16 world titles.

I think if it is going to be done with Triple H, sooner would be better than later because let's face it he's not getting any younger, and time could be running out at this point. I don't know how it should be done, but I do believe he should be the guy to do it. Kurt Angle, is a very credible candidate and I wouldn't be upset at seeing him do it either though. Time is a factor for him as well, no telling how long that neck will hold up.

I will say no one will break the 16 time mark. I see people out of respect for possibly the greatest of all time letting him have the most title reigns for the foreseeable future. Could be by HHH is not in the title hunt now. They dont wanna keep putting it on him to have him close the Flair want to try to spread out his title reigns a little better now.

Whoever gets 17 World Titles is irrelevant because they will NEVER be Ric Flair. World Titles in my opinion means NOTHING. Jerry Lawler won 140 titles and people don't consider him to be one of the greatest ever. He was 35 time AWA Southern Heavyweight Champion. I hope Kurt Angle gets 17 before HHH since I am sure WWE is going to further push HHH down our throats when he tops Ric Flair for title wins. I can't stand HHH and Kurt Angle is far less annoying to me.

Maybe matt_indiana25 is right. Maybe they will respect Ric flair and not let nayone surpass the 16 title mark. Taht would be nice and I also have to sgree with Night Shift's theory on Edge cause he does seem to always be in the title picture and drops the title then gets it back. He is what an eleven time champion already or something like that? I dont know and please correct me if I am wrong. Maybe it will be some one thta no one has mentioned. How many times has Undertaker held the title or Cena or Orton?

It won't be Angle. See, the thing is he's at 9 right now, unlike what TNA would like you to believe. TNA counts his IWGP third belt and three amateur titles that he won. He would have to win 7 more world titles to just tie Flair. HHH I think will get there eventually because all it takes is a few quick runs with it to put him very close. Edge is a legit possiblity, but I'm not so sure. If he comes back as a face the opportunist thing will likely go away to an extent and he'll have to win the legit. It won't be Angle, so I'll go with HHH by default.

I've considered posting this thread for a while now, and I have to go with HHH. I wouldn't be surprised if Flair is in HHH's corner on the night of #16 to support his protege and even possibly turn on HHH before he gets #17 to protect his legacy...(seems like a Flair thing to do) And call me crazy, but I could see Flair somehow getting the title and being the one HHH beats for #17 and thereby "beating the man to be the man" that would be the ONLY way to justify pulling Flair out of retirement

At 3 TNA World titles, 1 WCW World Title, 1 World Title and 4 WWE/F Titles, Kurt Angle only has 9. Let me know if I am missing something but I am pretty sure he doesn't have 13 reigns yet. So if HHH and Angle gain/lose titles at the same rate HHH will beat him there by like 4 titles.

I am pretty sure IWGP title doesn't count as legit world title. Correct me if I am wrong. And if I am than sorry he has 10 and HHH will beat him by 3.

i really don't see either of them getting to 17 because angle and hhh have been getting injured more as in within the last couple of years so it will be hard for either one of them unless they can stay really healthy and have really short title reigns say like 2-3 weeks, sure if i have to pick i say hhh because he doesn't really like to job to guys unless he knows that they are the future of the business such as Cena/rhodes/orton/dibease, and both angle and hhh both know right now that they can do more for the younger guys in the business then they can for themselves, if anyone has a chance to get to 17 or would have to be guys like edge and cena both of which are pretty young and both of which have won like 5-6 world titles.

Flairs 16 title reigns should never be broken. He won it 16 times, but remember he also lost it 16 times as well. Flair was one of the all time greats and his legacy shouldn't be tarnished or overpassed.

IMO they wont let anyone go past 16 they will let people tie with Flair but the 16 time champ is Flairs legacy. But i reckon HHH will get there before Kurt does because WWE love throwing him a world title. Plus HHH has his little backstage power to get what he wants one of the benefits of sleeping your way to the top of the WWE foodchain

Yeah i reckon it will be HHH, though i wish he ddin't win anymore.

So Ric Flair won 16 titles in what a 20 or so year period? HHH has won 13 in what 10 year period? I think that is why they are keeping him out the title picture for the time being. I am sure that WWE have realised that to win the title 16+ times in the short time span HHH has had would not make the title that credible (Well that is what i think). How many of the 13 title reigns have been short ones? There is too much of these short title reigns nowadays, which sort of makes the title lose credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back