Konnan WWE?

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
- The Twitter page for former WCW/NWO and current AAA star Konnan says he is now working with WWE again, but wouldn't say more. Konnan also said he was backstage at WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view but that was never reported.

If this is legit, Konnan working with WWE again would be very interesting considering how he has spoken out against the company in the past, not to mention that Konnan is currently working with TNA through the deal with AAA in Mexico.

The Konnan Twitter account was confirmed earlier this year by booking agency Wrestling Marx but has not been confirmed by any of Konnan's peers yet.

If this is for real, I hope Konnan isn't used as a wrestler. However he would be a great manager for Epico and Primo. I also wouldn't mind him bringing in some top Mexican talent.

If this is true he'll probably be a backstage agent or a manager for Eipco and Primo as you stated before.

Epico and Primo already have Rosa Mendez. I think Konnan would be better suited as part of Hunico's stable along with Haku's son. Hunico is great in the ring and Donny Marlow (or whatever WWE decides to call him) should be good well. What they need is a mouthpiece and Konnan has always been fantastic on the mic. Plus, they already look like they stole Konnan's original gimmick anyway, so it should work perfectly!

I hope that's not true.

I never liked Konnan as a wrestler. I really wouldn't wanna see him on TV in any capacity.

As far as working behind the scenes, the guy has a history of claiming racial discrimination and suing his employer, so I think that's also a bad decision.

It's good business in terms of drawing views from the Hispanic demographics.

I liked his promo's as a mouth piece he could get the crowd behind him, here is an example.

[youtube]JSlFfcYetJM[/youtube]

"Toss my salad and peal my potatoes" LOLOLOLOL

Whats funny was nWo's "goal" was to kill WCW and in reality thats exactly what they did. LOL

nWo 4 Life!!

Konnan was over as hell in WCW.

I loved Konnan and hope he can help WWE.

But doesn't he own AAA and arn't AAA in contract with TNA?

Isn't AAA the rival of CMLL and aren't CMLL in contract/agreement with WWE?

interesting... He is a VERY smart man..listen to his shoot interview here on what wrestling should be. For all the haters, watch this video below first.

[youtube]iarOKXrds2o[/youtube]

[youtube]iZQXCakbF3s[/youtube]

[youtube]FP5dLvCqYd8[/youtube]

[youtube]p5Z7uqPsMPY[/youtube]

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, aren't they?

His most memorable career moments all have to do with him running around during Nitro and yelling "ARE YOU NWO?!" at random people. Sweet Moses.

EDIT: Guess not.

Wrestlezone said:
Someone on Twitter, who may or may not be former WCW and TNA star Konnan, posted earlier today that he is working for WWE. He then retracted the statement by saying, "Just thought I would let everyone know that my statement about working with @WWE was a trick. Got to love Innocents’ Day."

For those unaware, today is Innocents' Day, which is the Latin equivalent to April Fool's Day here in The U.S. There was a rumor spreading online earlier today that the 1/2/12 "It Begins" videos were for Jeff Hardy, however Super Luchas is claiming that is yet another Innocents' Day prank.

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, aren't they?

His most memorable career moments all have to do with him running around during Nitro and yelling "ARE YOU NWO?!" at random people. Sweet Moses.

Did you ever watch WCW? Once Konnan left the NWO he was very over and had a nice run his last couple years there. He was never a main event type guy but he was a great mid carder who could go in the ring and cut a good promo. Besides if he did return to the WWE I highly doubt it would be as an active wrestler. The guy is 47 and hasn't been in the ring on a big stage in quite some time but he still has something he could offer the company in other capacities.

EDIT: Guess not.

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true. Konnan is very good friends with Rey Mysterio and was backstage at a RAW back in August. Plus with the recent influx of stars from Mexico, Konnan would be a nice acquisition as a trainer or just as a guy who helps the international stars acclimate to a company like the WWE.

Did you ever watch WCW? Once Konnan left the NWO he was very over and had a nice run his last couple years there. He was never a main event type guy but he was a great mid carder who could go in the ring and cut a good promo. Besides if he did return to the WWE I highly doubt it would be as an active wrestler. The guy is 47 and hasn't been in the ring on a big stage in quite some time but he still has something he could offer the company in other capacities.

That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true. Konnan is very good friends with Rey Mysterio and was backstage at a RAW back in August. Plus with the recent influx of stars from Mexico, Konnan would be a nice acquisition as a trainer or just as a guy who helps the international stars acclimate to a company like the WWE.

I watched him in WCW, I watched him in TNA, I've followed his career -- I'm just not a fan. Dude comes off like a jackass and a shit-stirrer in his interviews and whenever he talks. I don't think he's necessarily somebody the WWE wants to associate with. He's a decent enough guy to train and whatnot, especially since he'd be able to relate to the Mexican guys, I'll give you that. I just don't think they want/need Konnan.

I watched him in WCW, I watched him in TNA, I've followed his career -- I'm just not a fan. Dude comes off like a jackass and a shit-stirrer in his interviews and whenever he talks. I don't think he's necessarily somebody the WWE wants to associate with. He's a decent enough guy to train and whatnot, especially since he'd be able to relate to the Mexican guys, I'll give you that. I just don't think they want/need Konnan.

Triple H has said that he wants more guys from Mexico and Konnan is the perfect guy to help with those transactions. It has been said that he was a major reason guys like Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera, and Psicosis went to WCW back when they had their big influx of Luchadors. Plus with Rey Mysterio there to keep him in check I don't think there would be many problems, and if there were he'd just be gone as quickly as he came in.

Triple H has said that he wants more guys from Mexico and Konnan is the perfect guy to help with those transactions. It has been said that he was a major reason guys like Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera, and Psicosis went to WCW back when they had their big influx of Luchadors. Plus with Rey Mysterio there to keep him in check I don't think there would be many problems, and if there were he'd just be gone as quickly as he came in.

If Rey could keep him in check, I'd be much more open to the idea. I'm just not a fan of signing guys who aren't high character and with Konnan being an absolute nut, you can see why I wouldn't be big on that. I wasn't a big fan of X-Pac and Road Dogg getting hired either.

He could certainly help with bringing in some of the Mexican guys, but with WWE already signing a load of guys out of Mexico as of late -- Dos Caras Jr., Mistico, Incognito, Averno -- I think that door is already open. Those guys can serve as ambassadors as well as Konnan could/would.

After seeing how Sin Cara struggled to adapt his style I think the WWE would like someone there to make sure that doesn't happen with the other guys. Konnan would be the best choice I can think of.

They have plenty of guys under contract as producers/agents/trainers who have worked Mexico (that could help with adapting to the style). Off the top of my head, I can think of Sean Waltman, Dean Malenko, and Norman Smiley.

The only problem I can think of would be the language barrier, but I don't think it would be too hard to get around.

They have plenty of guys under contract as producers/agents/trainers who have worked Mexico. Off the top of my head, I can think of Sean Waltman, Dean Malenko, and Norman Smiley.

The only problem I can think of would be the language barrier, but I don't think it would be too hard to get around.

There's a big difference between working in Mexico for a few years and actually starting your career and training there from the start. I guarantee the Mexican superstars coming in would be a lot more receptive to instruction from a guy like Konnan vs the other guys you named. Plus I have a feeling that if Konnan were to come in it would be to specifically work with these guys and not really do much else.

There's a big difference between working in Mexico for a few years and actually starting your career and training there from the start. I guarantee the Mexican superstars coming in would be a lot more receptive to instruction from a guy like Konnan vs the other guys you named. Plus I have a feeling that if Konnan were to come in it would be to specifically work with these guys and not really do much else.

They'd welcome Konnan's tutelage, but why would they completely deny what these guys to offer? They're trying to jump to the WWE style, they don't need someone who was a master technician in Mexican wrestling, they just need someone who can help them translate their skills.

I agree that if Konnan were to come in it would just be to work with these guys, though.

They're trying to jump to the WWE style, they don't need someone who was a master technician in Mexican wrestling, they just need someone who can help them translate their skills.

That is exactly what Konnan could teach them because he has done it before. He went from wrestling full time in Mexico to going to the big leagues in both WWE and WCW. He was able to adapt his style to the big time American wrestling companies and that's the exact reason he would be the perfect guy to mentor these new superstars coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back