Whos the future?

• Miz

• Morrison

• Punk

• Kofi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Milkyway!

Hodor!
Which of these guys are looking to have the biggest future in your opinion?

Kofi, this guy has charisma. Hes high flying. Hes fun to watch, not to mention the Jamican gimmick is something fresh, and fun. His matches are pretty awesome to watch, His Clothesline makes me shoot loads all over myself. His IC push was good, but how far can this guy go? Mid-card, superstar, or megastar?

Punk, He's good. From what we've seen ROH anyways. He failed horridly with the title. I've yet to see much of "greatness" from him, but could I be wrong?

Morrison, Charasmatic, some say hes the next HBK. (Lets hope not anyways.) His wrestling is good, his mic skills are good. But can he handle singles wrestling again?

Miz, read morrison.

Wow this is tough. For the life of me I can't go with Kofi. He's the quentessential midcarder for life, and tehre's not a thing wrong with that. He's not supposed to be a long term main eventer. Many men have made their living in the same exact way and their careers have turned out fine.

Miz-I could see him being an upper midcard guy, but not thinking so on the main event. To me, he's better than Morrison which is saying something. People used to love to get on him because he was a reality show guy, but he's proven that wrong entirely. He's a solid entertainer and definitely getting beter all the time in the ring.

Morrison-He likely has the most room to go up. He's already solid in the ring and I can't imagine he and Miz will be a long term team. They're at the point almost that Edge and Christian reached. The tag titles mean nothing to them anymore and they're almost ready to go out on their own. Give him another 5 months and he'll be ready.

Then we have the most obvious choice: CM Punk. His fan base is amazingly big already and there's an amazing list of things that he's accomplished. He's been in the main event so if he comes back it won't be odd. I liken him to Randy Orton. Orton was put into the main event in 2004 and did nothing there other than hold th ebelt for a month and then lose it. He got a taste of it though and he was always referred to as a former World Champion. That simple phrase means a lot. Now that he's been brought back up, he's one of the best. That's the route I see Punk taking.

I voted for Punk, merely because of his success recently in just a short time. But Morrison is just as much a chance, he has awesome in ring skills and is good with the mic. I would have tied them if i could but i couldnt.

Kofi and Miz i think are going to be solid mid carders. I couldnt see either of these guys in the main event scene but they could certainly be solid mid carders like Shelton.

If I were to give them a ranking of who is most likely to be the most succesfull I'd go with this, Punk, Morrison, Miz, Kofi. All of these mid carders have lots of potential, and still the time to grow. So there is no point in pointing out names just yet, but as of now the list I've just mentioned are in the right order. Punk is already a safe upper midcarder with a good fanbase and he has Vince Mcmahon in his back. Morrison has a lot going for him, but currently lacks a straight direction so we'll have to see how he ends up. The Miz is a very good wrestler, he definitely entertains me more than half of the mid carders on Raw. And Kofi has the style, and nice guy gimmick but needs more time on the Mic. There is no doubt that all of these four men have a future with the WWE.

when you really look at it all 4 guys are probably going to be in wwe for a while,but there's only one that i think can really make it the main event

KOFI-he has charisma and he can definetly wrestle,but his current gimmic of the happy go lucky jamacian won't work in the main event if he where to ever be a world champ he'd need an overhaul but kofi reminds me alot of booker t.,minus the additude,over all i just never see kofi being a main eventer,but hell definetly be an upper midcard wrestlern for a long time

MIZ-the rooster has improved alot since debuting on smackdown and reading his lines from his hand,but all he'll ever be is a good ic/us champion

CM Punk-they already tried once and it failed,and not all of it was punks fault as much as it was creatives fault for dropping the ball,and making him face jiggly boobs,and borista,right now hes being built back up and is having a pretty good reign as ic champ so far,if tehy ever do try again with cm punk it might work the second time around but punks already 33

Morrison-its been said a thousands time,but morrison is indeed the future of the wwe,he has the charisma,he has the look,he has the talent,theres only 3 things holding him back the miz,the wwe's inability to push him,and the fact that hes a heel,morrison just doesn't work as a heel,unlike mvp who i dont think works as a face,morrison just needs the right push,but then again anyone with the right push can be a maineventer in wwe just look at jbl

wow reading that back,makes me realize i suck at posting

Morrison

Whilst everyone rants and raves about him, I very much fear the Benjamin effect with him here. He had an IC reign which was pretty decent, feuding with (now former world cahmpion) Jeff Hardy, he's had a few tag eigns and he's had an ECW belt by default. Now he is great in the ring and on the mic, don't get me wrong...it's just I don't see him making a step up for some reason. (NB I do rate Morrison, very highly)

Miz

Dude, what a 2008 he had, from the annoying fucker on Smackdown to the Tag champs, improving greatly in the ring and on the mic. Whilst we've yet to see what he can do in the singles department since his recent improvement, I wouldn't mind seeing!

Kofi

He needs repackaged, his gimmick is so stale it's ridiculous. Good in the ring, but destined to be a mid carder. I don't know why he didn't have a feud with Marella after Marella won the IC belt off him

Punk

The CM Punk world champion experiment failed, disastrously. So they've done the right thing, they've put the IC belt on him, building him up again to improve. In the long run I can see this being very beneficial to him.

Whilst all men have bright futures, it's either Miz or Punk who will be top guy in the long run.

I like The Miz and think that with a gimmick tweak (not now as it works now) he could be a good upper mid-card guy who pushes on the main-event. The next Chris Jericho even. He's got charisma, never puts on a bad match and with a few more years experience under his belt could be a good assett to the company. Although there is no reason to split up Miz & Morrison just yet, or anytime soon.

Morrison - He's always toted as the future of the company and while I think Morrison may have a role to play in the future it's certainly not going to be a main-event one. I could see him in the same place as the Miz if both guys get lucky. He might retire a former champion he might not. So for now he's best suited in his team.

Kofi - He's pretty unique which is good, his happy go lucky gimmick is working better on him than Rocky Maivia did on The Rock. He might do well in the future but I think like Miz and Morrison he needs a tweak to get there. If I was to say who's got a better chance I do think Miz and Morrison have a better chance.

Punk - He's already a former champ and is now being built up all over again, Punk's already made it to where he's going to be for his career I think. He'll Main Event again no doubt but CM Punk is where he will and always will be. I honestly dont see anyone on the list surpassing him either.

Morrison and Punk if WWE can get their Act together. Kofi is going to be a Great Mid Card Wrestler who should, in time, be promoted to WWE Champion. They should have left Kofi in The Elimination Chamber so that he could prove that he could Hang 10 with John Cena. Miz Needs To Go Back To MTV !

Punk by far and away, unless Morrison learns how to wrestle someday. I dont care what the silly fan boys say, he is absolutely abysmal in the ring. Has all the tools, and charisma, but just looks absolutely silly when working a match.

Miz is passable, but doesnt seem to have the "it" factor to make him a TRUE great. A fine mid to upper mid carder, but not an ME guy in all likelyhood. Same with Kofi. I can see Kofi's carreer mirroing Rey Mysterio, only if Eddie never died. Talented, entertaining, over, just not quite a ME title holder type guy. Great fodder for heel champs to have successful defenses against.

Punk is far superior to any of those guys in pretty much all facets of wrestling. Selling, mic work, crowd working, offense, phsycology, you name it, Punk is better than these guys, and one of the WWEs top ten as of right now. Very underrated.

Add to the fact that WWE would love nothing better to push someone who is absolutely positively 100% drug free, and dependable, as their top guy. Its CM Punk, easily

I want to see Kofi go all the way but like all of you said, he will be a high mid-carder for life. Even if he gets repackaged, he still has an accent where sometimes gets to the point where its not understandable.

This is a tough choice for me. All 4 have shown top notch qualities and all 4 have proven to be good midcarders.

Like others I don't see Kofi maineventing anytime soon. He's entertaining and fun to watch, I just don't think the WWE will ever elevate him to mainevent status. But he's come a long ways already and people never though Jeff would be a former champ so anythings possible.

The Miz is a very talented guy. He probably imo play's his character the best. It might be because his character of a douche is just him in real life, but he still is great at it. He get's more heat than Morrison and is stronger on the mic. I think he could be a maineventer since to me he has all the tools(minus the size)but I just don't know if he'll ever be able to break out and break into the mainevent.

Morrison is my favorite out of the list. I loved his feuds against Jeff Hardy and I love his "flashy" style both in clothes and his in ring work. He doesn't have the charisma that the Miz has but his in ring work is entertaining. He has a great look but his mic skills are shotty. I think Morrison could be big if he just pushes his personality and charisma harder.

Then we have Punk. He's already a former champion, so at the very least the WWE gave him a shot. I think Punk is very solid in the ring and he's a fan favorite. I think Punk has the best chance since the WWE are obviously willing to give him the push he needs.

Wow I'm shocked at the support for CM Punk, when you lack the ability to, storytell, to connect with a crowd, and any sort of charisma - then your not going to make it in the WWE. Punk hasn't learned a damned thing since comming to the WWE he is still wrestling like he's in a small indy fed. If anyone is destined to be a career mid-carder for life it is him. His fan base is also been grossly overexagerated, he doesn't get these amazing reactions people keep talking about,and if you want to see what people really think of CM Punk look at how everyone switched off during his title reign.

I'm actualy suprised you have chosen the names you have, in my opinion none of them will ever make it to the main event. Morrision has the best chance I guess, mostly because he has the look, but he definantly needs to change his style of wrestling. Kofi in my opinion is beneath the mid-card he is basically a glorified bottom of the card jobber, he lacks as many of the skills of CM Punk, but is an even worst wrestler. Miz is ok, but I can never see him getting past the mid card.

If you were going to choose names for who is most likely to break through then, MVP, Swagger, Rhodes, and even Kendrick would have been better options to look at.

Wow I'm shocked at the support for CM Punk, when you lack the ability to, storytell, to connect with a crowd, and any sort of charisma - then your not going to make it in the WWE. Punk hasn't learned a damned thing since comming to the WWE he is still wrestling like he's in a small indy fed. If anyone is destined to be a career mid-carder for life it is him. His fan base is also been grossly overexagerated, he doesn't get these amazing reactions people keep talking about,and if you want to see what people really think of CM Punk look at how everyone switched off during his title reign.

Thats the thing though, he has improved leaps and bounds since his title reighn. Trust me, I was one of the biggest doubters during that reighn, but I have been madea beliver. He is extremely over with the crowd as of late (for him at least) and has been connecting with fans very well throughout the winter. Im not sure if he will ever be in the tp 5 of the fed, I just feel he has far more potential than any of the other options here

I'm actualy suprised you have chosen the names you have, in my opinion none of them will ever make it to the main event. Morrision has the best chance I guess, mostly because he has the look, but he definantly needs to change his style of wrestling. Kofi in my opinion is beneath the mid-card he is basically a glorified bottom of the card jobber, he lacks as many of the skills of CM Punk, but is an even worst wrestler. Miz is ok, but I can never see him getting past the mid card.

If you were going to choose names for who is most likely to break through then, MVP, Swagger, Rhodes, and even Kendrick would have been better options to look at.

What in the name of fried chicken are you talking about? Punk can't connect with a crowd? What in the hell are you talking about? His fan base is easily in the top 5 in the company. he plays to the crowd almost every few minutes and it works ever time. Yet again someone else that ignores the impact of the NFL during Punk's reign. Throw in a feud with JBL for an unproven champion and of course the ratings would go through the roof! My goodness what a crock.

Now for the rest of your list. MVP is in his mid thirties so that's a no. Swagger is a maybe but Punk is miles ahead of him. Rhodes is overrated and unproven at this point so that's another negative. Kendrick can't stay off the pot long enough to do anything. The problem with what you're saying is simple: Vince doesn't agree. Punk has a lot of upside to him which has been covered. How you can actually try to convince me that Punk is the weak one or that Kofi is lower than the midcard is absolutely laughable.

Everyone knows that in order to become a megastar a wrestler needs the cosign from Vince. In my opinion the wrestlers that have always had the long running tenure as headliners were either the body builder type (Hogan, Rock, Cena, Batista), the rock star type (Michaels, Edge, Jericho), and in some cases both (Triple H, Warrior). Obviously there are exceptions to the the rules. Wrestlers with great charisma, gimmicks, and standout heels also get to that megastar level (Stone Cold, Taker, Orton). When evaluating these four I really only see one being able to reach that pinnacle and that's Morrison. He fits that rock star prototype and has the perfect look. His gimmick is even a rip off of The Doors lead singer Jim Morrison. I'm convinced that he's going to win MITB this year and be a Heavyweight champ within the next 12 months. He's got the resume: ECW Championship, IC Champ, and tag champ. He also definitely has the athletic ability/ build and his mic skills/ charisma are improving. As far as CM Punk goes, I personally feel that ship has sailed. This was his summer and the WWE creative team totally dropped the ball. First of all the way he won the World Title was a total joke. He and Edge are to of the most talented in-ring wrestlers the WWE has and would have had an outstanding match at Night of the Champions had they been allowed to. Rather than that, they let Punk a face beat Edge in a cowardly fashion this made no sense to me. As a said before Punk is one of the more outstanding wrestlers on the WWE roster and his next two opponents Batista and JBL are both sub-par in ring guys so he never got to show all the talent he was able to showcase in ROH against wrestlers like Samoa Joe. And lastly they didn't even let him drop the belt? Punk and Jericho would have had an excellent match and for some odd reason the WWE wouldn't let that happen in order to push a Punk/ Orton angle that never happened. In my opinion he was the next best thing to Jeff Hardy when Hardy was suspended, and that's the only reason he got the half ass push he did, and it's the last time you'll see that. I hate to say this because it's not the way I feel personally it's only an observation but the WWE never gives proper pushed to black wrestlers. Ron Simmons, Booker T, 2 Cold Scorpio, and Shelton Benjamin are four of the most underrated wrestlers ever and all have one thing in common the color of their skin. I know that people can throw at me The Rock but in all honesty he isn't 100% black and doesn't look black. Booker T only had one short stint as World Champ in the WWE. The WWE seemed to love Lashley so much and eventually hung him out to dry. I would pick Benjamin over Kingston any day and he still hasn't got what he deserves so I doubt Kingston ever will. I can see The Miz having a long reign as US, IC, ECW champ and possibly a few shots at the World or WWE Title but he'll never reach the top of the mountain. When it comes to young talent look for Morrison, Swagger, Evan Bourne, Priceless and possibly Benjamin, Ziggler, Kendrick but I doubt The Miz, Kofi Kingston, or CM Punk will ever be headlining a Wrestlemania.

Out of everyname mentioned in this thread MVP has the best chance of making it I think, he just looks like he's going to reach the top and has all the tools to make it there. Swagger is a maybe but he needs to improve alot. Rhodes is okay but he and Ted are hugely overrated, thats not to say he wont do well someday. Kendrick just doesnt give a shit I am afraid.

Now for the rest of your list. MVP is in his mid thirties so that's a no.

His age is irrelevant, how old was Austin before he became a Main-Eventer? How old was Batista? I believe Sting was over 30 before he won his first World Title. So thats not really a good argument to use against MVP as he could still be wrestling when he's 50 years old.

I believe MVP has the best chance to make it and then Morrison. MVP has the wrestling ability, mic skills, and charisma to pull it off. I would pick Morrison first but he gets no heel heat. His flashy style is something faces would do and to get over as a heel doing that just won't work. The Miz has tried to help Morrison get heel heat but it's still not working. MVP has the mic skills to make you boo him like JBL and has the talent to back it up.

What in the name of fried chicken are you talking about? Punk can't connect with a crowd? What in the hell are you talking about? His fan base is easily in the top 5 in the company. he plays to the crowd almost every few minutes and it works ever time. Yet again someone else that ignores the impact of the NFL during Punk's reign. Throw in a feud with JBL for an unproven champion and of course the ratings would go through the roof! My goodness what a crock.

Now for the rest of your list. MVP is in his mid thirties so that's a no. Swagger is a maybe but Punk is miles ahead of him. Rhodes is overrated and unproven at this point so that's another negative. Kendrick can't stay off the pot long enough to do anything. The problem with what you're saying is simple: Vince doesn't agree. Punk has a lot of upside to him which has been covered. How you can actually try to convince me that Punk is the weak one or that Kofi is lower than the midcard is absolutely laughable.

I'm a hunded percent with you man. Jesus, how many wrestlers get the fans chanting THEIR NAME! Cena, HBK, RKO, CM Punk....ect. They are on a short list man. Punk is so far over, it's not even funny. When punk first came into the WWE, I thought he was destined to be a mid-carder....I'm happy I was wrong. I mean, did you have the mute button on when Punk came out???

I suppose we have to examine the criteria...

I went with Morrison - he's got the look, fair mic skills, terrific character ability. The issue with him is the clash of his style - he's a heel attitude with babyface moveset - lots of crowd popping moves. He has a better shot making it as a babyface a la The Rock - very arrogant, fun to watch, makes fun of heels.

Punk is a VERY close 2nd. If he stays clean cut - whether he's a face or a heel - he's proven to be dedicated to his craft and fans truly connect with him. As a face, he moves merch and gives WWE a clean-cut image, which is what they need in the wake of the wellness policy, and guys like Clemens and Rodriguez getting busted.

Kofi strikes me as a career mid-carder. He hasn't proven consistent mic skills yet. He's charismatic, fun to watch, athletic - I get very excited to watch him. But I don't see him main eventing a PPV, or driving a feud. I guess we'll see if he comes back to fight Edge for the No Way Out fiasco.

Miz, like Kofi, is a career midcarder. But since everyone called him a waste of a roster spot a year ago (everyone but me, that is), being a top IC or US Title contender - or even an ECW feud against Christian - would be a tremendous and positive surprise for WWE.

MVP, Kennedy, Rhodes, DiBiase - they are all another story. But man the WWE has a farm system that suddenly rivals TNA's young talent.

John Morrison. I believe he just has that aura about him that screams main event. His problem is his high flying approach does not say "heel" but his cocky persona does. So either he needs to fine tune his in ring moves to a slower paced heel, like Benjamin has done, or he needs to fine tune his gimmick into something a little less cocky. He can still love himself, and call himself the 'sharman of sexay' or whatever it is, just direct his catchphrase "be jealous" to other wrestlers and not the audience. The Rock got a career out of insulting other wrestlers, face and heel, John Morrison can do the same.

I see no harm in giving him the push, by beating Shawn Michaels preferably at a big four ppv, and see how he handles it. If it doesn't work, he can be teamed up with pretty much anyone in the tag division or be a credible IC contender.

As for the others, Kofi is in a similar position as Rey. He is loved by the crowd to the point he will never be a jobber, but he isn't taken seriously enough to be main event. He either needs to get more serious, or stay in the IC hunt his whole career, which as Klunder said is no terrible thing. If he does not even cut a promo on Edge taking him out on this weeks Raw he is pretty much never going to get in the main event.

Punk will always be regarded top of the mid card, but he just can't seem to break into the main event. Him not getting a place in the EC just proves this. If he was in instead of Kofi and was the one taken out, it would have been good as he can claim to have been screwed out of the title twice without getting in the ring.

Miz can be ME, but I believe he is not quite as good as Morrison. He could have a place as an upper mid card heel but that might be it. He could make it into the occasional EC or Scramble type matches for titles in the future though.

I was equally torn between voting for CM Punk or John Morrison, as I feel that both have huge amounts of potential to move up and become long term main eventers. Both are former World Champions (I know Morrison's reign was in ECW, but he and Punk were the last credible champions there to give the title that big time feel imo), and are proven to be over with the fans as a face and heel, respectively. I picked Morrison though because I feel he the better all around wrestler: great mic skills, solid in ring ability and he's more athletic than Punk. The Miz and Kofi have a solid future as upper mid-card guys, but The Miz may have a better chance to break through the ceiling to become a possible contender for a World title. I'm just saying.

Punk may have been pushed too quickly. In a normal world, i'm not sure if he's a champion longterm. But in this new Kid-Friendly-PG WWE, he can be a main eventer.

I don't like Miz.

Kofi has talent but they need to slow down and develop him a bit more before he can be considered for the main event.

Morrison can be the next Edge i think. He's entertaining. He's talented. Let him develop his skills a bit more. I think the main problem is like HBK in young DX, he's a cool heel. The best heels are serious assholes and psychopaths, like the top ones right now. Morrison you wanna laugh at.

Triple Thread MITB Qualifying match is next between Morrison, Miz and Punk. That's three of the people in this poll, so that may answer it somewhat.

Go Morrison! I bet he'll win.

Wow, god damnit. Punk got to both participate AND win, and despite Morrison's amazing showmanship in last year's he doesn't even get to re-compete? He's probably going to be stuck in some boring tag team match at Wrestlemania.

I mean.. c'mon. Punk's the fastest person to have ever acquired the Tag Team, Intercontinental and World titles in one timeframe. He has enough to his credit, most of which he can't even make up for! He was PATHETIC as a World Champion. A joke.

If you're going to put a former world champion back in an illustrious match that HE won, at least don't let it supersede the opportunity of Morrison, someone who both performed 10x the match he did.

Fine, don't have Morrison win the MITB this year at Wrestlemania or a CM Punk effect might happen because the character in itself wasn't built up enough, but at least let him do the aforementioned, BUILD, by letting him participate, instead of substituting his spot to someone who produced a joke of a reign.

Some may argue they want to make them save the tag team division. While that may be true, why make one of the most proliferated tag teams lose to someone in a handicapped situation? It belittles them as a tag team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back