• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kofi Kingston or R-Truth?

Kofi or Truth?

• Kofi Kingston

• R-Truth

Results are only viewable after voting.

CM Steel

A REAL American
Both Kofi Kingston & R-Truth has had great career's thus far in the WWE. As single's star's and as a tag team. But which of these two superstars will have a better career in the WWE in the near future? Let's break things down here.

Kofi Kingston: Has been the face of the mid-card division for a few years now with winning the WWE IC & U.S. title back & forth over the years. And Kofi has won the WWE tag team championships with two different partners (R-Truth & Evan Bourne). But the closes that Kofi has ever gone in the main event scene is whenever he's in a Elimination Chamber match going into Wrestlemania.

R-Truth: Truth has been in & out of the WWE for 13 years. As R-Truth or K-Kwik he has bounced around up & down the WWE roster. Truth has had a cup of coffee with the WWE U.S. championship as well as winning the WWE tag team title's with Kofi Kingston. R-Truth has won a world championship in another wrestling promotion...But the closes R-Truth ever came to being in the main event in the WWE is when a heel R-Truth challenged John Cena to a match for the WWE championship at the first & last Capital Punishment pay per-view in Washington D.C.

So all in all, who would you put your money on to see get to the top of the WWE first and hopefully stay there as long as they can without starting over again? Kofi or Truth??

First of all, neither will make it to the top of WWE, but in te scheme of the thread, I would have to go with Kofi. Consistent working in the mid card, being the WWE's best mid carder in my opinion warrants him a chance at the top.

R-Truth had a chance a couple of years ago, but that was never going to work. He made a decent heel, but he was never going to stay at the top for long. But, R-Truth is past it, he's older than Kofi, hasn't been working as much and has not done anything since R-Truth and Kofi.

Its got to be kofi yes ok he hasn't really been anywhere apart from midcard apart from ec as you have said but he is the younger of the two by far he is more agile and athletic and has fans behind him more imo so for me I see him getting the nod way before truth

Kofi will... even though I like R truth much better... He's way more entertaining than 95% of the roster in the ring and on the mic, I think Kofi maybe better in the ring, definitely has the potential to be better than truth.... but uh yea, I'm tired of them screwin over truth.... he should be a main eventer. I'd be surprised if truth is still on the roster for another year the way they use him though

I think on a Raw or even a Smackdown Kofi, R-Truth,BiG E, Mark Henry, Titus O'niel,
Darren Young,Sweet T,Broudus Clay,JTG & Booker T need to walk down to the ring with no entrance music.Every1 but Kofi & Henry line up in the back:
Kofi grabs the mic & starts a Punkish pipe bomb of his own & tells the crowd how he has always gave his all & has dominated the mid card scence better than any1 ever.But late at night when he is on some plane,or bus,or empty hotel room in some small town he has never even heard of wonders why he has never has a chance to just be in a
1on1 match for either the World or WWE title & all he can come up with is it ,ust be because he is a black man competing in a white mans world.he could say"yeah they let Rock be champ...but Rock is not Black,he is a dark Hawaian.(that will get lots of heat from the crowed.) Then he turns to Booker T & TELLS HIM HE WAS HIS HERO UNTIL HE BECAME A FAKE KING with a FAKER ACCENT & became a joke just to be some stepping stone transitional champ.U discuss me(then BiG E & Mark Henry throw him from the ring.Kofi says yeah im starting a revolution here but it isnt just because ur skin is black u get in right Sweet T.Kofi ask Sweet T if he wants to be a monster or an oversized disco dancer.Sweet T says in Japan i was the badest monster they have seen this century & im ready to unleash the beast im the US.Kofi ask's who do u blame for becoming a dancing joke.T points to Brodus & T,BiG E,hENRY,TiTUs,JTG jump Brodus & throw him out of the ring.
Kofi starts a miniacle laugh & Truth & Darren Young try to calm him down asking what he is doing & if he is going crazy.
Kofi said yes Truth you are calling me crazy/U know what made me go crazy was when i was locked into to being tag champs with u & all u talked about was little jimmy this & little jimmy that....that drove me crazy...if u would of took care of buisness we could of been 1 of the best tag teams ever...but nobody will remember us..& u Darren i have hated u since me and truth batteled u & TiTus...but TiTus has seen the light.but people will remember this-kofi,henry,titus,jtg,sweet t,& big E destroy Truth & D.Young..
now the ring is clear & Kofi says a mutual friend put him & Henry together & the more he spoke with Henry he learned he felt most powerful when he was with the nation,&he has seen many stables come & go.so they decided to do an evolution approach to a new nation.
Henry as the Ric Flair,Kofi in the Flair role going for the world title,Titus as a Randy Orton, BiG E as Batista,& JTG in Cody Rhodes Legacy lackey role.Sweet T alsp a lackey who wouldnt last and eventualy join with this groups rival group
Zeb Coulters New America
Jack Swagger-blue chip
Big Show-Monster Muscle
Zack Ryder-Zeb changes this guy into a serious tbagging american
Ted DiBiase(he needs to be with ZEB real bad)
then SweeT T deflects & brings Giant Bernard out of him

I don't see either one of them ever reaching the top. Kofi has better odds of winning a world title and staying up in that tier at this point though. Truth had his shot, but he failed to deliver. The ranting about Little Jimmy and spiders made Truth more entertaining, although he still did come off as main event material to me and thus would not have been believable in defeating John Cena at Capitol Punishment. That is likely the only main event shot he will ever have. He's a joke and the midcard is where he belongs. Not to mention the fact that after the disbanding of Awesome Truth and being moved further down the card he has lost any momentum he had.

Kofi will never make it anywhere past where he is now without a change to his character. Unlike Truth, he still has potential to be further up the card and be believable in the role. I keep saying that WWE need to bring back the Kofi that destroyed Randy Orton's car in 2009. If he shows more aggression he could be viewed as a threat to anything beyond the midcard belts. Otherwise winning the Intercontinental, US Championship, and giant pennies are the only achievements he will ever see. If I had to pick one to make it to a world title run, it's Kofi easily. It's just a matter of changing his character a little. Truth wasn't believable as a world title threat even WITH a title push under a significantly different persona.

R-Truth isn't even a mid-level talent in my book. Kofi has all the potential in the world. He just needs another opportunity to be a main eventer. Lump Kofi in with Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, and Damien Sandow as upper mid-card talent ready to make the leap to main eventing if given the chance.

I'd put Daniel Bryan in that category as well though he's already proven he belongs at the top of every card.

This one isn't even close, my friend.

Kofi Kingston has shown himself to be a reliable, consistent performer since he debuted. He's exactly the type of guy WWE needs: An athletic, charismatic mid-carder who can remain there and have decent feuds, putting people over. His offense is credible, and people in general care about Kofi Kingston matches.

Look at the situation with Kofi winning the U.S. title from Antonio Cesaro. This was less about Kofi and Antonio as it was about putting the belt on a credible face who could produce a good match with Dean Ambrose, and drop the title to him. R-Truth doesn't have that stigma attached to him. Had he been the one facing Ambrose, there would have been no doubt who was leaving Extreme Rules with the U.S. Title. While it was likely, Kofi created enough nearfalls and is credible enough that there was doubt.

Am I suggesting that the Kofi/Ambrose match was a 50/50 deal where it was about both men? Of course not, it was about the Shield. But Kofi remained relevant throughout, and showed up the next night to contribute to what I believe was the second best match of the year(behind Punk/Cena) on free TV. Kofi Kingston is a legit wrestler who can make anyone look good and look good in defeat. R-Truth is a small step above Zach Ryder when it comes to jobbing. Kofi is presented as legitimate, while R-Truth really never has been.

What has R-Truth done? He turned heel and created a comedic gimmick, challenged John Cena for the WWE Title once, and was done from the main event scene. His tag team with Miz could have been something, but it wasn't. Yeah, they main evented Survivor Series in 2011, but it wasn't about them. It was about the Rock and John Cena. What happened following that? He turned face again, feuded with his old tag team partner the Miz, but wasn't even considered relevant enough to garner a PPV match with Miz. Rather, their 'blowoff' came on free TV. That says alot.

It's Kofi, and it's not close. He'll never reach the top, but he's a perfect fit for where he is right now: A solid mid-carder with credibility who can help get others over and look good in the process. Can the same be said for R-Truth? Nope.

I don't think either one of them will reach the upper tier. I think the one that has the better chance, and in my opinion is the better overall guy, is Kofi Kingston.

As far as crowd reactions go, Kofi is head & shoulders above Truth. Kofi has been a frequently & consistently popular mid-carder that's gotten solid pops throughout his time in WWE. Whether it's a singles or tag team match, Kofi's been one of the WWE's most reliable mid-carders of the past decade.

When it comes to in-ring action, again, I'm going with Kofi. I've seen Kofi Kingston have some excellent matches against the likes of Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Jack Swagger, Sheamus, The Miz, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro and others. Kingston has a high energy, fast paced offense and he can tell a story inside the ring.

When it comes to charisma, I'd say it's a toss up but I'm leaning more towards Kofi. Truth is someone that's gotten much more mic time than Kofi but that's not necessarily a good thing. Half the time, I can barely understand what Truth is saying. Kofi hasn't wowed me on the mic but he's been decent all in all. He shows a lot of energy and can get the crowd fired up. Truth has his "What's up?" catchphrase and that's pretty much the extent of his charisma. I will say, however, I was enjoying Truth as a heel before the whole fiasco with The Miz & Survivor Series 2011 came about.

Kofi Kingston also has time on his side whereas Truth doesn't. At 31 years of age, there's still a good deal of time in which Kofi can make his mark and, possibly, rise to higher levels in WWE. Truth, on the other hand, is 41 years old and has probably gone as far as he's going to in pro wrestling. He could very well be a major star on the indy scene but I think he's long since peaked in the larger stages.

I don't think Kofi will ultimately go much further without a character change. I do think there's a lot of untapped potential that we've seen glimpses of before Vince McMahon loses interest. Kofi as a mostly happy-go-lucky babyface has carried him through 3 tag title runs, 4 IC title runs and 3 US title runs. As a mid-carder, Kofi has gone as far as he can. To be fair though, that's not to say that Kofi Kingston might not be happy with his spot in WWE. After all, it's easy to get the impression that being a mid-carder is like being labeled in the same category as a leper. Lots of some of the best wrestlers of the past 50 years were never true main event headliners and still had great, respectable careers. If Kofi's happy, more power to him.

This one isn't even close, my friend.

Kofi Kingston has shown himself to be a reliable, consistent performer since he debuted. He's exactly the type of guy WWE needs: An athletic, charismatic mid-carder who can remain there and have decent feuds, putting people over. His offense is credible, and people in general care about Kofi Kingston matches.

Look at the situation with Kofi winning the U.S. title from Antonio Cesaro. This was less about Kofi and Antonio as it was about putting the belt on a credible face who could produce a good match with Dean Ambrose, and drop the title to him. R-Truth doesn't have that stigma attached to him. Had he been the one facing Ambrose, there would have been no doubt who was leaving Extreme Rules with the U.S. Title. While it was likely, Kofi created enough nearfalls and is credible enough that there was doubt.

Am I suggesting that the Kofi/Ambrose match was a 50/50 deal where it was about both men? Of course not, it was about the Shield. But Kofi remained relevant throughout, and showed up the next night to contribute to what I believe was the second best match of the year(behind Punk/Cena) on free TV. Kofi Kingston is a legit wrestler who can make anyone look good and look good in defeat. R-Truth is a small step above Zach Ryder when it comes to jobbing. Kofi is presented as legitimate, while R-Truth really never has been.

What has R-Truth done? He turned heel and created a comedic gimmick, challenged John Cena for the WWE Title once, and was done from the main event scene. His tag team with Miz could have been something, but it wasn't. Yeah, they main evented Survivor Series in 2011, but it wasn't about them. It was about the Rock and John Cena. What happened following that? He turned face again, feuded with his old tag team partner the Miz, but wasn't even considered relevant enough to garner a PPV match with Miz. Rather, their 'blowoff' came on free TV. That says alot.

It's Kofi, and it's not close. He'll never reach the top, but he's a perfect fit for where he is right now: A solid mid-carder with credibility who can help get others over and look good in the process. Can the same be said for R-Truth? Nope.

I think you need to look up that word Charisma in the dictionary because if you think Kofi is Charismatic you don't know what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back