• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kofi Kingston 2009 or John Morrison 2010?

cmedge

The Abdi
Kofi Kingston in 2009 or John Morrison in 2010? Which push was more entertaining, believable and honestly made you mark out the most?

I'll briefly describe both pushes.

Kofi Kingston's 2009 push..

Kofi Kingston just lost the United States Title to The Miz and he got into a long feud with The Viper. During this feud Kofi showed signs of aggression that nobody believed the smiling African sensation ever possessed. During the feud with Randy Orton he looked like GOLD. He was a star on the rise and everybody believed he would become a main event talent with the way he was being pushed. He got a few singles victories over The Viper during his quite short push. Kofi Kingston wasn't smiling as much during this push he was more serious and it was entertaining. I loved his push I found it to be a great idea to have Kofi pushed. He was over with the crowd and he's a decent wrestler and he can talk on the microphone in my opinion there's no reason why he wasn't pushed.

Here's a few moments that Kofi's entertaining push provided us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBfqDCBm_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6klYkFrfpKc

John Morrison 2010 push...

John Morrison finished a feud with Ted DiBiase and he was in the Nexus Summerslam 2010 match and out of nowhere John Morrison beat Chris Jericho in a great showing. This victory came out of nowhere it was great. That victory would lead into a small push for JoMo. The next week John Morrison had a WWE Qualifying match for the WWE Title 6 pack challenge if he beats Sheamus. John Morrison lost to Sheamus but in an amazing match that made John Morrison look like GOLD. In this match JoMo showcased his Parkour skills then JoMo would go on to have numerous big matches a triple threat US title match, the bragging rights 7 on 7 match and many big matches with Sheamus. John Morrison and Sheamus's feud took John Morrison to a next level. John Morrison showed the world that he deserved a push. John Morrison even recieved a WWE Title Match against The Miz which in my opinion was the best match on Raw of the year. It was the first match for the WWE in 2011 and he even received another WWE Title match at Extreme Rules. John Morrison's push came to an end once he was injured by R-Truth and he wasn't on fire when he returned like the way he was before he got injured.

(A few clips of when he was getting pushed)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x3K9NkUlEs

So tell me which push did you enjoy more John Morrison's in 2010 or Kofi Kingstons in 2009?

I personally can't decide since I enjoyed both very much and I hoped that more would come out of both but hopefully in the future these two will receive a great push.

John Morrison did alot of stuff I'd never seen before. I always liked watching his matches, because you never knew what he was gonna do next. That spot at Royal Rumble 2011 was one of the coolest things I've seen in wrestling.

Kingston's without a doubt, it was without a doubt his greatest push in his career so far while I find Morrison's a tad bit forgettable. Yes Morrison did have a good showing at the time but is anybody going to remember it? I had honestly forgotten about it, Kofi's however Kofi's was the most substantial feud of his career and really showed everyone that he has what it takes to perform and deliver at a higher level. He showed a new side of himself that really tested a massive talent in Randy Orton and proved to me his worth as a future world champion. When I think of Kingston's best moments they are of him as the United States Champion and during this feud, what he did in those excellent matches with Orton and in his awesome promos made me a major Kofi fan, shame he's dropped down to a tag team champ in a relatively dead division, he can do so much more and hopefully he will be soon.

Kofi, he got a MSG moment when he did the boom drop through the table on Orton. John Morrisons push was a fail as the audience would only respond on a high spot. Kofi got a reaction before after and during his matches. Kofis pushed was rumored to be stopped because he didnt sell one of Ortons moves correctly.

^That Boom drop was sick and Orton is a bigger name compared to the Wrestlers John Morrison feud with in 2010.In 09 I really thought Kofi was going to be World Champion by the end of the year, but since then Kofi hasn't reached that level since.

Johns push was nothing.
But come to think of it, Kofi's lead to nothing as well.

Kofi had to be more interesting though. He feuded with a Heel Randy Orton at the top of his game.
Orto and Legacy made Kofi's push a bit more entertaining

I could never get over how they originally put Kofi out there as a Jamaican, and after the fans clearly knew where he was actually from they were like "screw it" and would announce him being from Ghana but with the Jamaican flag gear and Reggae entrance music.

Kofi vs Orton was decent, but it only ended up being a massive push for Orton, as if he even needed to be pushed any farther. Kofi got one fluke win on Raw because of Mark Cuban, and lost three times to Orton in clean pinfalls.

John Morrison had a better run. His PPV matches had near impossible spots pulled off perfectly, and he was making matches on Raw look like PPV. He was actually allowed to win some of those matches cleanly, which is more than I can say for Kofi.

Kofi, he got a MSG moment when he did the boom drop through the table on Orton. John Morrisons push was a fail as the audience would only respond on a high spot. Kofi got a reaction before after and during his matches. Kofis pushed was rumored to be stopped because he didnt sell one of Ortons moves correctly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be right. Orton probably complained backstage about Kingston not selling his move right, just like Orton complained backstage about Mr Kennedy nearly injuring him, and got him fired.

Kingston didn't get pushed because Randy Orton has become every bit the politician people accuse Triple H of being. Orton never put over Rhodes or DiBiase leading up to WM 26, didn't put over Kingston, got Kennedy fired, didn't do the job to C.M. Punk ONCE, and also beat Christian again and again (having Christian only beat Orton by DQ, to protect Orton). Added to that Orton failed Wellness three times, trashed hotel rooms and pooped in diva's bags. So I wouldn't put it past Randy Orton to refuse to put someone like Kofi Kingston over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back