• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

King of The Mountain Return Will Be the Big Moment of Thursday Night?

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
Hi,

As you know Sting and Bobby Roode will fight this Thursday Night on IMPACT Wrestling for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Lumberjack Match and as far as I know it will start the show.

It makes perfect sense because I think the show will end up with a "bang" and that bang will be Hulk Hogan's announcement of the return of the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary X for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Picture this: at the beggining of the show, Bobby Roode retains his belt against "The Icon" Sting and says he has beaten everybody he has to beat. He has beaten: Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Sting, James Storm, etc. So the logical conclusion would be that he doesn't have to defend the belt at Slammiversary.

During the show there will be a Hulk Hogan promo saying that he will have a big announcement for later tonight for Bobby Roode and his belt. And the announcement that will end the show will be the return of the King of The Montauin Match for the belt, with Roode defending against four other competitors, I don't know who TNA would pick, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson, Hardy, Sting, Bully Ray as their options.

What do you think? This is plausible?

I always liked King Of The Mountain it was entertaining and they haven't had one since Hogan and Bitchoff came. It is a great idea and that is why TNA will not do it.

I never got a chance to see King of the Mountain being that I just started watching TNA regularly a couple years ago. Its something that I wouldn't mind checking out if they were to bring it back.

I could see it happening as it's the ten year anniversary, but the match was often a convoluted ass backwards mess. I hope Sting wins the lumberjack match and gets a one on one match with Roode at Slammiversary.

not a bad idea i always thought the king of the mountain match was awesome it would take away bobby roode being able to cheat to beat his opponet and give him his biggest challenge yet having 4 challengers i doubt it will happen though we have had every gimmick match tna has sense hogan showed up there besides this so i dont have much hope for it. doing this for the x divison title might be a good idea as well.

I always liked the Mountain Match ... but I don't know ... I think they are moving more in a Sting vs. Roode one-on-one direction ... but it would be fun to really challenge him and "go all out" to take his belt.

Of course ... Roode would have to win ... and look even more unstoppable.

It's been a few years since TNA had one, so I can see it making a return at Slammiversary. Like The Eighties aluded to, however, the match in and of itself tended to be one jumbled, chaotic clusterfuck. There was so much going on in such a disorganized way that I found myself exhausted after watching it and could hardly remember anything about the match apart from who won it.

Those sort of matches, and what I mean by that are convoluted messes, used to be very, very common in TNA but, thankfully, it's another thing that they've spent much of the past year moving away from. If TNA can book this match without it being such a mess to watch & try to keep up with, then I'd have no problem with it returning. If it's a return to form, however, I'd rather they left it in the past along with the Thunderdome style cage that we last saw on the 1/4/10 episode of iMPACT!.

I always like the King of the Mountain matches. As much of a chaotic mess they were they, were always very fun to watch. It's the TNA's equivalent to WWE's Money in the bank ladder match where it's a spot-fest but a very good one at that.

This being TNA's tenth year anniversary show I see it appropriate that one of their inactive signature matches be brought back to the spotlight. I don't have to go into to much detail about who would be in it because that can easily be figured out. Whether or not Roode defends the title in the KOTM match, or even retains for the matter, I still wish to see the King of the mountain match return. For all we know this could be a one-time deal and that would be fine. It simple to me makes the Slamiversary PPV more interesting considering Roode vs Anderson/Sting would be the alternative.

It would make sense with it being Slam's tenth anniversary, BUT Roode just defended his title against RVD in a ladder match... I know it's not exactly the same match, but it's a multi man reverse ladder match so it can be seen as ladder macth overkill...

Maybe it can be done for Aries' X title?

It would definitely make sense if it were to happen. I gotta agree though that the match was a bit of a mess. If they could clean it up a little bit, I think it would be a perfect match for Roode to again prove himself in.

When I read the thread title, I thought it was about the return of Jeff jarrett. I was all set to say. "Not yet, it is too soon. Perhaps one day, but not just yet."

Now I realize that it is about the match of that name. I have a different reaction to that proposition.

No, not yet. Perhaps when mark Henry does a standing 450 splash.

That match is possibly not the surest prescription for a horrible fustercluck in the business, but it simply must be on the short list. I think the last time they did one, I fell asleep and had to rewind to see the finish. Admittedly, sometimes royal rumble is worse than king of the mountain ever was, but that is only because it is so long. At least that one time KOM put me to sleep, I didn't wake up with lines on my face from the corduroy pillow on the sofa and a little puddle of drool, only to realize that match wasn't over. I think that happened to me twice during royal rumble.

Best to let that particular gimmick match die in order to put it out of our misery.
Replace it with anything. Well, anything but hogan. I would rather see the pope cut a twenty minute promo. No, wait. I would rather watch juventude guererra cut t twenty minute promo drunk. Or watch Kevin steen hit on girls at Liz Phair.

I loved the King of the Mountain matches TNA used to do. I actually went to the Slammiversary in 2007 when Chris Harris was the surprize entrant into the match[although everyone was expecting Jericho]. Aside from Harris, that KOTM match was great[though Harris's spear off the ladder at the end was epic].

In short, yes, TNA should do this. Bring back King of the Mountain. Of course, with Hogan & Bischoff, any association to the old TNA is eliminated. I'd like to see it happen but I highly doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back