Kimbo Slice On The Ultimate Fighter

Marquis

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...5nYcB?slug=ki-kimbo060109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Yup, Kimbo has been confirmed as a contestant for the next season of The Ultimate Fighter which will feature Rashad Evans, and Rampage Jackson as the coaches. I really couldn't believe this when i saw it. Dana has been very public about bashing one of the biggest jokes in MMA history, Kimbo. During EliteXC's run, he would put Kimbo down to no ends. Once Elite flopped, Dana said the only way Kimbo gets into the UFC, is through the The Ultimate Fighter reality show. I personally believed Kimbo would never sign up for the show after all the shit Dana said about him. Clearly i was wrong. This season without a doubt, will bring in the highest ratings in TUF history. Besides Kimbo obviously drawing ratings, you also have one of the greatest characters in MMA in Rampage Jackson. I have not been watching TUF this season, since the show has been getting stale for me, but i will not miss out on the coming opportunity of seeing Kimbo get his ass kicked on TV again, and hearing Rampage's thoughts on him.

Oh man, I am fucking stoked about this! TUF 10 has the potential to be the best season ever. I mean, damn... Kimbo fucking Slice? This is HUGE. And just imagine if Dana is able to also get Bobby Lashley on the show as well. Lashley has stated in the past that he would do The Ultimate Fighter, so I would imagine Dana wanting to snatch him up too for this. Hopefully he can get it done!

But yeah... this is going to be spectacular. I know there are some people here who don't like MMA parse, but are fans of Kimbo (Norcal comes to mind), so hopefully a lot of people tune into the show because of that and become fans of the sport. Because there's no way people are going to watch this and not fall in love with the rivalry between Rampage and Rashad... two of the best shit talkers in MMA. Rampage is so damn charismatic and entertaining, and Rashad is such a good heel. The back and forth between those two should make the show worth watching alone, but then you add Kimbo and perhaps even Lashley to the mix… it’s going to be the most watched, entertaining season in the show’s history; I guarantee it. And I, for one, cannot wait.

Kimbo's gonna be on TUF? Wow, I didn't think that was going to ever happen. But I suppose it would be his last shot at any sort of fame and popularity. I like the idea of Kimbo going through the TUF ladder to make it into the UFC. But really this is do or die for him. If he ends up winning TUF, or brings a great showing to it by going deep, he'll have a future in the UFC. However, if he didn't work on fixing that glass chin of his, it's very possible he could be out within a few rounds unless Dana pulls some strings. He also needs to have developed his ground game pretty drastically or he'll get eaten alive by all the Jiu Jitsu fighters and wrestlers. It's at this stage that everyone knows you can KO Kimbo with a solid hit to the chin, or take him down to the ground game where he struggles pretty badly.

I think it will be interesting to see how he will interact with Evans and Jackson. If Kimbo comes in with the mentality that he's a huge star, then he will probably end up fail and the coaches will have nothing to do with him, either side he is on. Evans is going to be an interesting coach, I didn't watch him when he was in TUF, but I absolutely want him to butt heads with Jackson, should make for an interesting season. And if they bring Lashley in for TUF? Oh my goodness, I pray for a Kimbo/Lashley fight just so I can see Lashley knock Kimbo around like a little punk.

Kimbo has name value, certainly for a TUF competitor. Great move. If he wins he's got a star on his hands, if he loses he can prove his point. Should be aweasome.

But what the fuck with the coaches. Is it me or was Rampage a shit coach on his last season?

But what the fuck with the coaches. Is it me or was Rampage a shit coach on his last season?

Yeah, but he was entertaining. Plus, today... he's working with a much, much better camp.

And I meant to add this in my other post, but Marquis talked about how Dana has consistently bad mouthed Kimbo the past couple of years, but he's ALWAYS been open to the idea of bringing him on The Ultimate Fighter, so he did not make a hypocrite out of himself.

Also, much props to Kimbo for doing this. Seven weeks of your life with no tv, phone calls... anything. Just living in a house with a bunch of guys you'll eventually have to beat up, and you get paid nothing for it. He goes from getting paid $500,000 a fight, to doing that. Earns my respect to the fullest...

This is a great move by the UFC. Kimbo is rebounding from a very embarrassing loss that pretty much ended the company that he was fighting for. This is a great story that the UFC can capitilize on, a man searching for redemption and to prove that he is not the joke that people perceive him to be.

It'll be even better if Lashley gets involved, I think he is set to do some great things in MMA. Him and Lesnar would be an interesting match up.

Wow I never thought in my wildest dreams that Kimbo would ever compete on the Ultimate Fighter.

Anyways this is a great move on both the UFC & Kimbo's parts as UFC capitalizing on Kimbo's rebound from that embarassing loss that really spelled the end for Elite XC as a promotion & we all know that Kimbo is hungry enough to prove to the entire world that he is not a joke to the MMA world & I believe that now that he has a better set of trainers with Rashad Evans & Rampaige Jackson as the coaches.

If Lashley does appear on the upcoming season of the Ultimate Fighter then this would definitely be a watched event for me as I wanna see Lashley knock Kimbo around like a little bitch

I'm actually excited about TUF for the first time in years!!!! I havent watched a full season since I dont know when, and I havent watched this season at all. Just a few weeks ago I was thinking that TUF only needs to be a yearly thing, just to freshen things up and not drain the talent pool like they've been doing. But maybe Kimbo can change my mind about that. Hopefully he goes in and does good. But chances are that he'll be knocked flat on his ass in his first fight.

good luck to him though.

I can't wait for him to get knocked out, and I hope it happens twice. I was probably the only person that knew Petruzelli would win. I saw highlights of his match with Severn, and knew he had a real good shot at winning. Slice is a joke, and I'll actually watch this season, just to see him exposed week in, and week out.

I wonder if he realized how hard this would be, when his crew couldn't jump in and break it up whenever he was in trouble.

Here's a video of Kimbo discussing the situation, for those interested:

[youtube]CSyXCJQgVeo[/youtube]

I actually hope Kimbo does well. It would be good for the sport, first of all, and plus... he seems like a cool dude.

But if he does fail, then he just needs to give it up and come to pro wrestling. It'll welcome him with opened arms, I'm sure. ;)

And I apologize if I got anyone's hopes up about Bobby Lashley joining the show, because he's not. Filming for TUF 10 started the day before yesterday and if Lashley were there, I'm sure it would've been leaked. Besides, Lashley has a fight against Bob Sapp coming up soon anyway, so even if the UFC were able to hide it, this would ruin everything.

The hater in me is VERY excited to see Kimbo get knocked the fuck out. I also hope everyone goes out of there way to refer to him as Kevin Furguson just to drive home the point Kimbo Slice is nothing but hype. If he does well or even wins:)laugh:) I'll give him all the respect he deserves. I have to say though I'm totally one of those people that thinks it sucks more people know about him then Fedor or even Anderson Silva.

kimbo will bring some people too tune in . thats the reason why dana white wanted him.
a young tank abbott had more skills than kimbo IMO. although kimbo is in much better shape. if kimbo worked soley on submissions and wrestling, MAYBE he could be a good mma fighter. but its hard to teach an old dog new tricks......he's 35 years old. his standup is okay. he has no ground skills. i just dont see him winning against faster, younger, mma fighters who have better ground skills. i'll tune in though. MAYBE MIKE TYSON AND ROY JONES JR. WILL SIGN UP NEXT.

New news as to who else is on the season:

According to MMA Madness, several huge, and I mean literally huge, additions have been confirmed for the TUF 10 cast, which already included former EliteXC fighter and YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice and four NFL veterans who have converted to Mixed Martial Arts. The two reported additions, according to sources close to the show, include non-other than former IFL Heavyweight champion Roy “Big Country” Nelson and a returning UFC veteran in Hammerhouse product, Wes Sims.

The TUF 10 show, set to debut September 16 on Spike TV, will feature a cast of all-heavyweight fighters to be coached by light heavyweight contenders Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and “Sugar” Rashard Evans.

Those expecting Kimbo Slice to walk through the cast will be saddened to hear that Nelson is in the show. “Big Country” comes into the shot at a UFC contract with a 13-4 record and a win over TUF finalist Brad Imes. He is well-rounded with over half of his wins coming by knockout, and a few others via submission. His only losses in the past two years have been to fellow veterans and proven heavyweights in Andrei Arlovski, Ben Rothwell, and Jeff Monson. With his addition, Roy Nelson becomes the immediate favorite to get to the finals.

Wes Sims comes into the show as one of the tallest competitors on the show. At six foot ten, the wild-swinging Sims will be a tall order to defeat for Kimbo or anyone else on the show. He’s not considered a blue chip prospect by any means, but does have some notable fights under his belt in losses to former champion Tim Sylvia and current UFC interim champion, Frank Mir.

With Kimbo, Nelson, and Sims on the show along with NFL veterans Marcus Jones and Brendan Schaub, this season of the UFC reality show is shaping up to be the most exciting yet.

So, it looks like Kimbo is up against some real good competition. Roy Nelson is a big motherfucker and no joke. The guy has a complete game and is GREAT on the ground and wrestling, so he’ll be a terrible match-up for Kimbo.

Wes Sims is a character, so he'll be at least entertaining on the show. As a fighter, his gas tank is very limited, but his striking is good and his height could cause a lot of problems. So, it'll be interesting to see what he does throughout the season.

But yeah... adding these types of guys, this is going to be no walkthrough for Kimbo, and it's also shaping up to be the most entertaining season ever, which I didn't think was possible after Season 5.

Thanks for the new news jmt. Here's my problem with everything they're doing for the new season. This show was created as a training ground for future champions, and to give the viewer a little insight into everything that goes into becoming an MMArtist, as well as a few fights to whet their appetites.

Now, though, it seems like it's becoming more and more like a "TV show", instead of a training ground. The focus will be on entertaining the viewer, which is good for ratings, but bad for the future of the sport. These guys will come out with limited skill, and get beat to a pulp. Sure, there will be one or two that get through, and change the sport, but I'd be worried.

Look at what happened with boxing. It's not a sport anymore. It's a chance to make $50 per pay-per-view.

Yea, i heard the news yesterday that Roy Nelson was gonna be on TUF 10 and was shocked. Nelson is a pretty accomplished fighter compared to other TUF contestants. Hes 13-4 with one of his most recent loses to Arlovski being slightly controversial. During the fight he had Arlovski on the ground in side control and looked like he was about to pull a kimura, but for some reason was stood up. Even though he threw two knees to Arlovski's side to show hes working the position. This was before Arlovski was destroyed by Fedor.

Nelson is a very well rounded fighter. So Kimbo better hope he doesn't get matched up with Nelson during this upcoming season. Don't be surprised if Nelson wins this whole thing. As it stands now, he's the heavily favored one to win it all. This season just keeps getting better and better. Hasn't even started yet, and already it looks like its gonna be the best season of TUF yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back