• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kids will never learn.

So I'm in a fantasy basketball draft and some guy joins the league named "Ben Dover." Kevin Durant drops to the number 2 pick (which was mine), so I said, "That's the lowest I've seen Kevin Durant go this year haha." To which, Ben Dover replies, "I went down on your mom last night." After that, he just randomly started going apeshit on all the other 9 owners in this league. Everybody else did the smart thing and ignored him, but I decided to show him what he was doing was wrong. He claimed he was 37, so I asked him how babies were made, to prove he was lying about his age. He responded, "Wow u wanna fuk me ur a perv gtfo i hate u" He eventually admitted he didn't know and that he was 7 years old. So I started feeling bad about myself and tried to get straight to the point. I told him he needed to respect his elders and quit being so immature, but he wouldn't and ended every single sentence from then on to his new team name: "Team Haskins Is A Pederast." I've made a thread to ask this question before, but this just proves the point I want to make:

Should users take a quiz to prove they're not lying about their age/maturity before they sign up?

I've always believed so. You should have to prove you're mature enough to handle other people's opinions, especially if they are not the same as your own. For example, on this website, you should have to type a few practice posts under a given topic. The first would be a post to simply prove you know what you're talking about. The second post would be from another fake poster, completely (but maturely) disagreeing with the new user. The third would be a test to prove the new user can control himself when put in this situation, the user can respect their elders and/or peers, and that the new user is mature enough to discuss these things around others who also care about what you are talking about.

Thoughts?

this REALLY needs to be in the Cage....

No, you shouldn't need to "prove" your age/maturity. half the fun of this place is the shit posts by people who would be disallowed. And you didn't show much maturity in said example. Everyone else did by just ignoring him. You egged him on, and got what you asked for. Bad job by you.

this REALLY needs to be in the Cage....

No, you shouldn't need to "prove" your age/maturity. half the fun of this place is the shit posts by people who would be disallowed. And you didn't show much maturity in said example. Everyone else did by just ignoring him. You egged him on, and got what you asked for. Bad job by you.

I know I'm not the smartest person in the world, and I realize I didn't do the best thing I could have done, but for some reason I felt like it needed to be done in this situation. Now I don't know why, but I guess it was just in the "heat" of the moment (even though there wasn't any, now that I think about it).

I don't feel the shit posts on here are half the fun at all. Sure, they can be pretty funny sometimes, but it definately gets annoying after a while, especially when it's in almost every single post in almost every single topic.

I don't feel the shit posts on here are half the fun at all. Sure, they can be pretty funny sometimes, but it definately gets annoying after a while, especially when it's in almost every single post in almost every single topic.
Well, lets put it this way, I find amusement in stupid posts. I enjoy the cage posts by Jenks IX because of the stupidity.

The other thing is if you get rid of the "stupid" posters, you will get rid of about 99% of the registered users, making the forum too small, and it could get shut down or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back