Kevin Owens strongly defends John Cena; claims haters are in denial!

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Kevin Owens spoke with the Chad Dukes Wrestling Show and strongly defended Cena’s in-ring ability, saying that “anyone who says he’s not a good professional wrestler is kidding themselves.”

“Anybody who says that [John Cena] is not a very good professional wrestler and a very good performer all around is kidding themselves. I know he gets a lot of years a lot of hate from a lot of people for various reasons, but anybody who denies the talent, John Cena’s talent in the ring, is really in denial. He’s a fantastic competitor and you know it was made evident by the match we had at Elimination Chamber. ”
http://chaddukeswrestlingshow.com/2015/06/12/kevin-owens-on-the-chad-dukes-wrestling-show/

Over all I agree with him, I'm not a Cena hater nor am I a huge fan of his.. my main issue is his Character needs to evolve. In terms of in ring work I've never been one to be unappreciative of it.

Cena's selling is still in question as is his ability to really do a great promo. as far as being a worker I still don't care for him, he bores me more often than not.

His bumbling selling at times irks me, otherwise man has the connection and really, its that, that rubs off on everything else.

Cena's selling is still in question as is his ability to really do a great promo. as far as being a worker I still don't care for him, he bores me more often than not.

The reason none of Cena's promos stand out as truly great is that his average promo is of a very high standard and is now so over-exposed that we have seen his great promos several times before. But that does not detract from them being great.

As for his selling, my one real grip would be with the authority with which he kicks out of big moves late in matches. He powers out all too frequently, which in turn gives the impression that he is not in as much trouble as he really should be portraying. Even in his primest of prime, Hulk Hogan would barely roll his shoulder as a quick out (aside of course for the Hulk Up).

At times, I find it to be Cena's bumping that can let him down a bit. He lands on his ass, having over-rotated too often. Now, you can argue on a case by case approach whether it was Cena's fault or his opponent's but it cannot be helping Cena's hips and pelvis to do it so often.

With that laundry list of problems it is hard to see why Cena is one of the all time greats... But, you know, he is.

These people seem obsessed with haters. They're always talking about that, or writing quotes about them.. Why can't people just ignore the haters?

Waiting for those who will come in to say Owens needs to say things like this to keep his job. :rolleyes:

Cena has the best great match list this side of Shawn Michaels. He's given guys like Umaga, Lashley, Great Khali, Sandow, Miz, Rusev etc. the best matches of their careers. Anyone with 2 brain cells can realize how great he is in the ring.

Waiting for those who will come in to say Owens needs to say things like this to keep his job. :rolleyes:

Cena has the best great match list this side of Shawn Michaels. He's given guys like Umaga, Lashley, Great Khali, Sandow, Miz, Rusev etc. the best matches of their careers. Anyone with 2 brain cells can realize how great he is in the ring.

Owens is clearly just saying this because Cena let him go over at his main roster debut match.

And all those guys are/were so much better in the ring than Cena a just carried him.

Cena only does five moves and says the exact same thing in every promo he does and he's SO BORING!!!!!

/sarcasm

Owens is clearly just saying this because Cena let him go over at his main roster debut match.

And all those guys are/were so much better in the ring than Cena a just carried him.

Cena only does five moves and says the exact same thing in every promo he does and he's SO BORING!!!!!

/sarcasm

Are you out of your mind?.. One of the most ignorant things a wrestling fan can say was said right there..

Oh wait, you were being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Nerds on a Wrestling Forum being Pedantic? That is sort of par for the course. Today if Cena loses to Kevin Owens look at how quick Cena rolls away out of the ring.

I think early hate was justified as he just wasn't very good. However, he has gotten better with every passing year and is, no question, the best guy they have.

the only reason those smarks hate cena is he is chosen by boss. they won't accept anything positive about cena. they only like non company man like punk.

I'm a Cena hater, and I agree 100% with Mr. Owens on his assessment of John Cena's in-ring ability. It's hard to change my disposition with the silver lining that is all the money he's made for the WWE.

I hate the John Cena character because it was built on bullshit. Some say the character needs to evolve, I say the character needs to never have fucking existed and perhaps force John to improve his redundant game plan. A white rapper is as exploitive and gratuitous as the Val Venis gimmick, and John has been riding that wave of bullshit for his entire career.

John knows the ring, I give him that. Haters like me can boo him, but we're just reaching for criticism if we try to imagine that he lacks in terms of his ability to pull off a great match. If John hadn't gone full fucking wigger on us, he'd have fewer haters but also a much smaller fanbase. I take nothing from John's ability to read the crowd and react as any true professional would, he's had amazing performances and has proven that keeping him on top is an absolute necessity.

John Cena wrestled a damn good match at MitB, and I'm thankful that he seems to be allowing himself to be more of an actual wrestler named John Cena than a sports entertainer named Whitey McThugonomics.

Cena has that fine wine thing going for him right now, the older he gets the better he gets. Since winning the US title he's had the best match of the night almost every single night and he was pretty fucking consistent before that as well.

It's been over 10 years since Cena has been my guy but he is a great wrestler and that's a fact even Stevie Wonder can see.

I think Cena fell into the trap of not having an all time great to dance with. He had a few guys here and there, but during and after his runs with Rocky, he was/is fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back