• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kenechi Udeze retires.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Minnesota Vikings Defensive End Kenechi Udeze retired today. He had been battling an acute form of leukemia for the last couple years. He was hoping to make a comeback with the team this year, but I believe the affects of the leukemia and chemotherapy just took too much out of his body to allow him to continue his football career. While it is sad to see him have to retire from the game he loved because of the disease, I am also happy to see that he is alive and got his body into enough shape to be able to attempt a comeback in the NFL.

He was a beast of a defensive end at USC, and could have been something great with the Vikings had it not been for the cancer. I hope the Vikes do the right thing here and offer him a position within the company, as he also does a lot with cancer awareness and research charities around the Minneapolis St. Paul area. He's a great person, and I hope he continues his work with the charities he has been. I see him as an inspiration as he fought back from a near fatal disease to almost making it back into the NFL. God speed Mr. Udeze

Udeze is one of my favorites. I'm a big time Vikings fan and was really looking forward to his potential return. But the kid has his priorities set. He shouldn't be worried about football. He is focusing on beating this. He was a great player, in my mind and he is an even better person. He is one tough cookie and will do what it takes to beat this. Best of wishes Kenechi, you are the man.

I've gotta complete the Vikings fans tribute to Udeze. He was a good Defensive End wouldn't say great. But I'm glad he realizes where his priorities lie. Beating cancer is more important right now and I wish him the best in his life and at beating this monster.

I know I'm a homer when I said great lol. While he may have lacked the pass rushing abilities, he was stellar against the run. And he did get to the QB, but didn't rack up the sacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back