Keith Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith Stone is the man. I love all those ridiculous commercials, and I marked out hard for his guest commercial spot last night.

I was also kinda intrigued by the live commercial and definitely think that it's a proper way to utilize guests looking to promote.

Obviously, on top of all that, it was a fucking BEER commercial, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I certainly like the direction this is heading. Last nights raw was pretty adult friendly, I hope things continue in this direction.

No offense, but this has to be one of the silliest threads I've seen in some time. 3 pages so far discussing a really stupid, meaningless skit on a wrestling show featuring some douchebag spokesperson.

As for whether or not it was appropriate, you see beer commercials all the time during football, basketball, baseball, etc. Here you had one during a wrestling show. I don't see the difference.

Maybe the OP is a parent who uses the television to babysit his/her kid.

Seems like this country loves having babies, but don't know the fuck how to parent them after they pop out.

Well, as far as the stone cold angle, they never actually acknowledged it being budwieser. even when someone mentioned it, like rock did, they called it stevewieser or something else.

As far as this commercial, I found it incredibly awkward and out of place. But as I think about it, the WWE have been going more and more over the PG line that they've set in the past. With more talks about behind the scenes dirt, guys using more adult language, CM Punk talking about the bullying and the antibully campaign. guys smoking, and Cena throwing his loyalty and respect stuff out the window to disrespect Vince, his boss, and a countless number of other stuff, like the champaign bath they gave Rey that night, it seems like the changing of the guard, especially with H being "in-charge". I don't expect it to go as far as the attitude era, but I think it will be a nice blend of the two.

I was pretty offended with it myself. As someone who was once a child, I know how tempting commercials can be. The fact that he was advertising beer during a program children may be watching is a huge issue. Pretty sure he just started the process of millions of little alcoholics out there. It's a shame, really.

It is prime time on the USA Network. They have been advertising beer commercials at night and in the afternoon no matter what show was on. It really doesn't matter if it is a PG show or not. It's Monday Night Raw on USA on Monday night, not Pokemon on Cartoon Network on Monday morning. Is this really a big deal? As far as "Keith Stone" goes he can die in a car wreck with his piss warm beer. I'm only offended because WWE can't get a beer sponsor that is actually relevant like Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, etc.

Keith Stone appearing on Raw with his beer wasn't that bad in my opinion. What WAS bad was the promo he cut with the Bellas and Eve. The rating won't change (which sucks) because of this. Yes, parents might say "You're going to influence the children to drink!" but that's pretty much what they say about the in-ring moves. At least he did something this time! Remember Capitol Punishment? He came out with the Bellas, we cut to commercial and he's gone after the break. WTF???? Besides, he didn't drink the beer, right?

Right...? O___O

You have no idea what you're talking about. That vortex works perfectly if you turn the bottle completely upside down and don't mind foam. :suspic:

Bringing up the sexual aspect of the PG show is a good comparison. Keith Stone is no more offensive than half the remarks Lawler makes when the Divas are in the ring and certainly less offensive than the other half.
Who gives a shit if the vortex "works" it's a shit beer. If you can't just say "this beer is awesome" and you have to resort to other promotions, it fucking sucks. Go to beeradvocate.com, learn something. Try some german beers or a saison.

No more beer discussion though. In america we don't drink good beer, we drink shit to get drunk.

As for the rest of your post. I agree. It's not that bad. Kids, especially kids of the lower income average wrestling fan, know what the hell beer is. This is not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back