Kayfabe: Has the WWE called curtains for it?

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
WWE lately posted a brief report on their website about the condition of Daniel Bryan defending his title at Extreme Rules.

Why do they just keep notifying the WWE universe about the injury of a Wrestler? The same thing happened when one of the Usos got injured!

Why the Kayfabe had died over the years? Is it really the WWE doesn't want to use the Kayfabe anymore or they lack creativity how to use them? Over the years, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Stone Cold, Edge and many other top superstars used Kayfabe to a great effect to build up their storyline and character.

Daniel Bryan could've shown injured backstage and either Sheamus or Barrett could've held the responsibility for that attack. And just like they could've brought up more heat on the New day attacking the Usos and injuring them. So when they return from injury they'll have logical feud and legitimate reason for the vengeance..

So what happened to Kayfabe now? and why isn't WWE using it anymore?

The first word in the title of the thread ...no one here knows what it actually means. WWE is informing us on Daniel Bryan's injuries because he had a terrible neck injury last year that cost him 8 months of in-ring action. Us fans are hoping he can heal the injuries and have a successful Intercontinental Championship title defense at Extreme Rules. Jimmy Uso wrestled Xavier Woods on Main Event to avenge his brother's injury.

The Daniel Bryan example is the exception not the rule. Kayfabe in the sense that you're talking about it, is far from dead. When DB first injured his neck, WWE said it was because of the 3 Tombstones from Kane when that obviously wasn't the case.

Just last week, we saw Paige get written off TV. Orton was taken out by The Authority to go do a movie and Ambrose had his head put through cement blocks by Seth Rollins for the same reason. Linear thinking Vee...

The Daniel Bryan example is the exception not the rule. Kayfabe in the sense that you're talking about it, is far from dead. When DB first injured his neck, WWE said it was because of the 3 Tombstones from Kane when that obviously wasn't the case.

Just last week, we saw Paige get written off TV. Orton was taken out by The Authority to go do a movie and Ambrose had his head put through cement blocks by Seth Rollins for the same reason. Linear thinking Vee...

Ah yes right! Your comment made my post look like a complete disdain. Right, apologize for this ridiculous or dreadful post but now I know Kayfabe isn't dead!

Holy hell just tell me how to delete this post!!!!

The first thing that occurs in terms of Daniel Bryan is the seriousness of the injury. If they're thinking of canceling his match at Extreme Rules and are really more concerned about his future than they're letting on, it might be best to come clean to the wrestling fans about what's going on.

European fans were likely frustrated he was taken off the tour, as many of them might have bought tickets in advance specifically to see Daniel. If they removed him from the proceedings, he's probably really hurting. Rather than simply lying about a kayfabe injury, WWE might have reasoned it's easier (and more honest) to give us the straight story and not have the wrestling public feel it's being toyed with.

Kayfabe is dead because McMahon didn't want to pay the athletic commission. Wrestling is a real sport, WWE is not, that is why Vince calls it Sports Entertainment. It has been that way since the 80s, that is when the curtain was opened, then in 1997 the curtain was removed completely. Fans know the real reason why Bryan is out, it is dumb to pretend something else caused it.

Agreed the whole Daniel Bryan situation us fans know he is hurting in a major way.. Rather than being toyed with,I do wish the WWE would just be honest and forthcoming about whats going on with our favorite Yes man..

Mustang Sally said the people in Europe,paid in advance to see him.. While unfortunate his health is No1.. I hope the best for him,but the WWE just needs to come out and say whats wrong with him.. NO kayfabe no bullshit,just gut honest truth and say We are not sure about his future we honestly don't know!

European fans were likely frustrated he was taken off the tour, as many of them might have bought tickets in advance specifically to see Daniel. If they removed him from the proceedings, he's probably really hurting. Rather than simply lying about a kayfabe injury, WWE might have reasoned it's easier (and more honest) to give us the straight story and not have the wrestling public feel it's being toyed with.

Yea it sucks that they only go there twice a year, and this time Bryan was taken off. Bryan and Cena are the only two I know of that will get you a refund if they don't show up. When they came to Toronto last year just after Mania, Bryan was scheduled to perform. Unfortunately his father had just died and he didn't make the trip understandably. We were told we could get a refund, but we stayed and watched the show, and the WWE made up for his absence in spades.

When you buy a ticket to a WWE show, any of their shows, it's always understood that the card can change. I feel bad for the Europeans who wanted to see him, but I wouldn't want him to get injured further by doing something he shouldn't be doing.

With all Bryan's injuries in the past year, it wouldn't look good if all of a sudden the WWE started to make up stories about it. Fans and there are a lot of them have invested their time and money into seeing Bryan, buying his merchandise and in this case why shouldn't they be told the truth.

Two years running now, this man has won a belt at Mania, only to go down with an injury about a month later. I feel bad for the guy, but maybe it's time to reevaluate how he wrestle's or if he should keep going at all.

Not in the least. We are in an era of meta-kayfabe, were they go back and forth between actual legit info, and a work that looks the same (which was the point from the beginnings of the medium)

Its the not the WWE's fault you take it all at face value. It makes you most kayfabe'd of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back