Katie Lea pushed to the back of the line ?

Mr. Showtime

Occasional Pre-Show
So it's been a few weeks since Katie Lea was in action and so far she's seemingly been replaced by Jillian to Feud with Mickie James. I hope this is NOT a long term thing as Katie Lea and Mickie James have much better chemistry than Jillian and Mickie.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Katie will be on RAW tonight or not.

So what do you guys think ? Should Katie Lea resume her feud with Mickie or should someone else step up ?

Really, I can't tell what they're trying to do with Raw's Divas. Melina's out for an injury, Beth hasn't (I don't recall) even been on TV lately, and Katie Lea hasn't been all that active. I really, really hope they don't push Jillian against Mickie. It may be a new thing, but I think Katie and Mickie could put on better (I use this term loosely) matches than Jillian and Mickie.

The Diva's division is in real, real trouble right now on Raw. Upon reviewing their roster, all they have is Beth, Candice, Jillian, Katie Lea, Kelly Squared, Layla, Melina, and Mickie.

Candice is still out for now, Melina will be for awhile, and the rest... well... yeah. The end appears to be near for the Women's Championship... maybe that's why they made the Diva's belt in the first place...

maybe the creative staff dont want to see the same womens matches on raw every week thats why there tryin 2 mix things up. like how many times was we gona see triple h v john cena (if triple h didnt go 2 smackdown) but instead of hhh we are gettin week in week out of cena an jbl instead. layla cant wrestle kelly wel shes just kelly, melinas out candice is out that only leaves katie jillian an beth an we have seen beth v mickie a couple of times the past few months.

what i think they should of done was make the womens title open 2 both brands instead of havin 2 titles so therefore mickie could of been defending her title on smackdown aswel.. so we could of seen the likes of mickiev victoria, mickie v natayla the list goes on.

The Diva's division is in real, real trouble right now on Raw. Upon reviewing their roster, all they have is Beth, Candice, Jillian, Katie Lea, Kelly Squared, Layla, Melina, and Mickie.

Candice is still out for now, Melina will be for awhile, and the rest... well... yeah. The end appears to be near for the Women's Championship... maybe that's why they made the Diva's belt in the first place...

I agree with you on the women's division being in trouble. With Candice, Melina and Beth all out. Mickie has a very limited amount of opponents at the moment.

I'd much rather See Mickie vs Melina or Canidce or Beth but with them being out of action Katie Lea seems like the best fit for now.

Jillian's a decent wrestler don't get me wrong but her singing gimmick is never going to win her gold.

It's at times like this you wish Trish & Lita would just come back. :glare:

Katie lea is the best heel women's wrestler on RAW at the moment Beth cant really be counted as shes inactive, and i dont think they will turn anyone anytime soon. Dont you think thaty paul burchill's awesomeness just adds to her matches as well?

God i fucking love Katie Lea's long legs and her weird shaped face.

Jillian is a heel jobber. She's not taking a spot. Katie and Burchill are going after Kofi and Mickie's titles. Katie Lea is the best pure wrestler on Raw and I want more matches like at Night of Champions with Mickie. Her mic skills are some of the best in the WWE and people don't even know it. I can't wait for her to get real screentime. I miss her ordering around Beth Phoenix.

Her mic skills are definitely a great asset to her in ring skills. I see big thing's for her with or without Burchill and vice versa.

I like Mickie James and I respect her effort but iv'e never been a fan of face divas. I don't enjoy her in ring style that much I've always liked the more dominant female wrestlers. WWE needs to give Katie the title now before Beth, Candice and Melina come back or she'll just get lost in the shuffle.

Anyway Mickie has established herself as a good Women's champion and has proved she's not a transitional champion. So it's time for Katie Lea to step up IMO.

Her mic skills are definitely a great asset to her in ring skills. I see big thing's for her with or without Burchill and vice versa.

I like Mickie James and I respect her effort but iv'e never been a fan of face divas. I don't enjoy her in ring style that much I've always liked the more dominant female wrestlers. WWE needs to give Katie the title now before Beth, Candice and Melina come back or she'll just get lost in the shuffle.

Anyway Mickie has established herself as a good Women's champion and has proved she's not a transitional champion. So it's time for Katie Lea to step up IMO.

I'm a big fan of face divas (I like the good guys, oh well lol) but only when they have decent enough heels to square off against. Katie Lea is decent, but I feel is getting pushed way fast considering I can count on one hand how many times I've seen her work. I don't think this is any fault of her own as injuries really screwed with the divas on Raw (Candice, Melina, and Ashley's release) but I'm hoping they continue to build this up. Beth Phoenix just finished taking out Santino last night, and Jillian is probably better in Divas tag matches. Build it up with adequate promo time for each of them and they can probably stretch this out for a little while longer. If Katie Lea is aggressive enough on the mic, she might not be lost in the shuffle after all as she may generate enough heat to get herself over as one of the more over heel divas.

Now this is just my opinion nothing I have heard on any site. I think she works a style WWE not really into. I don't see her Beth or Nattie having a long career in WWE. I think they may and hope WWE don't give them the Molly Holly treatment. WWE isn't known for being kind to good women wrestlers.

Based on last week’s singles match and this week’s mixed tag match, the Mickie-Katie Lea feud does indeed continue and most likely will at least one more PPV. Right now, there isn’t another credible challenger to Mickie. Melina is out. Beth looks to be starting a storyline with Santino. Jillian is used sporadically to vary the weekly match-ups and for comedic purpose so she’s not taken seriously. She is, has been, and most likely will always just kinda be there.

Personally I thought, and still feel, that it’s too soon for Katie Lea to be challenging for the Women’s Championship as she’s only been on a Raw a few short months. And prior to Night of Champions, I honestly can’t recall her in one singles match as most of her matches were intergender affairs with Paul or divas tag action. Still while she’s no Phoenix or Natalya in the ring, Katie Lea has potential and is already leaps and bounds ahead of 90% of the other divas. I just wish they had allowed her more time to settle down in the ring, develop her character, and get some mic time before pushing her toward the title.

She’s in the spot now, so we’ll see how they push her and how she handles it. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if she gets a reign in the next six months.

I like Katie Lea. She's solid in the ring, not scared to get on the mic and is willing to insert herself into situations to gain the advantage (such as distracting Kofi). True, WWE could have spent more time pushing her before the title shots, but I don't see how they had much choice but to have Katie enter the frey early

Candice and Melina out, Beth and Mickie had been in a 'long' feud which people were beginning to bitch about (gone are the days of 6month feuds), and Jillian winning after being a jobber so long would hurt the credibility of the belt (if it can still be hurt). The only options left were Kelly, Layla - greener than the Irish countryside and awful in the ring, or Katie - new but with the background to put on a good match.

Katie's push isn't perfect, but at least she's getting one and can use that to build herself up as a credible heel contender for the belt

Nah, I don't think Katie's been pushed to the back of the line, looked to be so a couple weeks back but she's obviously back in the title picture with good reason, I like her, solid in the ring, and on the mic and has had some good matches with Mickie...only thing I can complain about is how inconsistent her push has been, hopefully however we do see a victory for her eventually, giving someone else a chance with the belt and another contender for a bit, even though I'm liking Mickie's reign so far, been a while since we've had constant good matches for the Women's title.

So for now and hopefully for the near future, I think Katie's at the very front of the line.

So it's been a few weeks since Katie Lea was in action and so far she's seemingly been replaced by Jillian to Feud with Mickie James. I hope this is NOT a long term thing as Katie Lea and Mickie James have much better chemistry than Jillian and Mickie.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Katie will be on RAW tonight or not.

So what do you guys think ? Should Katie Lea resume her feud with Mickie or should someone else step up ?

I think it's exactly the opposite. It's Katie who's being pushed to the front and Jillian to the back, but that's the norm for Jillian. As for now I'm satisfied with this Katie/Mickie feud, but I still feel it's very much on the average side, but that may just be because I was so spoiled by the Beth/Melina feud. I like Katie's role, she's very much like an old heel Melina on SD, managing and wrestling at the same time.

As for Katie and Mickie having more chemistry than Jillian and Mickie, well we can't really judge Jillian vs Mickie fairly because they've never had the kind of buildup that Katie and Mickie have had in their feud, as short as it is. However, I do agree that it'd be a bad idea to abandon Katie for Jillian at the moment, no matter how deserving Jillian is for a title feud. They need to build up the newer divas they have now that are coming up from OVW and FCW and starting with someone like Katie is a great idea.

Flames Out
Dragon

They should wrap up this feud as soon as possible and get a female wrestler who's over. Nobody cares about her. Maybe that's because she's English, maybe it's because she's bland or maybe it's because she doesn't look like a typical WWE femal. But she just isn't getting the type of reaction that she should be getting. Certainly not for a wrestler who I assume will be getting the Women's title within the next couple of weeks.

You know something is wrong when a Mickie James match is dead. She's not some bland Cruiserweight. She's the new Trish Stratus damnit, and the fans love her. Regardless of what little talent she has. End the feud and use Jillian. She might have go away heat. But at least it's a type of heat with Katie doesn't have.

I like Katie Lea. She has really impressed me over the last few weeks. She has the look and the wrestling ability to win the Womens Title, but I just can't see it happening soon. I like the feud between her and Mickie so far, particularly because Kofi Kingston and Paul Birchill have also been involved so the 2 feuds tie in together. I like that. Katie definately isn't going to the back of the line as I can't see Jillian getting a title shot just yet. Birchill isn't as over as what she should be, but thats the WWE's fault for not giving her a big push before she started feuding with Mickie James.

Jillian should be next in line for a title shot after Katie Lea, but once Candice comes back I see her regaining the title straight away. Candice vs Mickie will happen at a pay per view probably and the WWE will probably sell it is a "Women's Dream Match". I think James is just basically holding the belt and keeping it warm for Candice Michelle but I want to see Mickie James vs Katie Lea Birchill once again as I can see them both benefitting from a rematch. Especially Katie Lea.

Katie Lea doesn't look like she is being pushed to the back of the line at all. In fact she still looks to be in the front line of the fued. I am also fairly certain she will be the next title holder of the belt.

Their fued has been continued, and even though it is rather good, I just don't see how Mickie can lose the title to Katie. It will be interesting to see how they play it out. Mickie is due for a long title run, but I think next title match with Katie, Katie will win the title.

I don't think it should play out this way though, because as it seems not that many people care about Katie.

I do think there not properly pushing katie lea but the gimmick with paul burchill being her brother doesnt help. She's a beautiful diva who can actually wrestle..but one week she's wrestling the next week she's just burchills sister/manager..figure out what the hell she is a wrestler or a valet. Either way its a joy to see her on tv every week!

Katie lee is staying in her number 1 spot.. She is great on mic and in the ring.. I'm glad that they put her wit paul burchil because he's a great talent just needed some help to be pushed.. People are getting to know both katie and paul so they'll be top in the mid card real soon.. Right now mickie has a great list of opponents wit katie on top and beth, melina, jillian (she is good and I think her character and in ring skills are being improved big time)... If katie would ever win her fueds with mickie melina candice michelle and even kelly kelly would be very interesting.. The womens division is not as big as trish and lita once made it but its getting back to where it once was

Well there you have it, after tonight's RAW it looks like Katie has really been pushed to the back of the line. I should of known it was too good to be true.

Maybe one day down the road she will be Women's champ, but with Beth Pheonix now feuding with mickie, it won't be any time soon.

Hopefully this isn't the case and WWE can find a way to still keep her in the title picture.

Katie certainly is pushed to the back of the line now. Before now she'd been losing via dq's or countouts or something like that. Tonight she got pinned clean. There's no reason she should get another shot right now. I'm not sure what's next for her either. Both her and Burchill seem to be out of anythign to do right now. She looked the best she's ever looked tonight so hopefully she'll be on tv a lot more in the future. Her in ring work is good, but it looks like she's just looking for something to do now along with all the other divas not in the title match.

I think she would be more credible if the WWE would let her and her brother win a single match, instead of constantly losing and beating people up after the match, They make them look horrible during matches but after them they can destroy anybody, they need to make them win a few matches and not randomly have them get replaced by santino and beth

Katie Lea is a pretty good wrestler(by WWE standards anyway) and her and Paul make a good team. If it was up to me they would be in the match against Kofi & Mickie instead of beth/santino. I think it would be good for both Burchills to be on top of their divisions(womens/midcards). The WWE just needs to build them up a little bit better and make them look stronger.

I cant believe Beth got a title shot in front of Katie Lea, Katie and Mickie looked good together on monday and i was expecting Katie to get her last shot at the title (because of her losing a couple in a row) at SummerSlam and have Katie pick up the win, that way at least we'd get two decent women fighting for the title with styles that compliment each other.

Beth and Mickie has been a little over done, whereas Katie feels fresher, even though they have had this fued going on for a while now.

So i feel that at least Katie should be in the match, even if it was a triple threat between Mickie, Beth, and Katie, I feel it does'nt make much sense to just throw Katie out of the title picture (well both the burchill's really).

I wouldn't say that Katie Lea has been pushed to the back of the line just yet. I mean yes Beth is now the number one contender, but once that feud is over and should Mickie retain, I expect to see Katie Lea right back in the hunt. Hell with the Burchill's bad blood against Kofi and Mickie, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them get involved in the match at Summerslam. I think a triple threat tag team match for the titles would be sick, but I dunno if that's going to happen.

Like I said though I really doubt Katie Lea will be pushed to the back. She has the ablility to wrestle, which is always a plus, and she's a heel, which there are not many of on Raw in the women's division at the moment. Lets also not forget something. Katie Lea, and Paul for that matter are still kinda new to Raw and the WWE TV picture as a whole, so really I don't think she's getting pushed back, I think she just needs some more build up as a good heel before WWE gives her a push into the Women's Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back