Kane Needs To Be In ECW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Ever since Kane’s feud with Khali ended, I’ve noticed he hasn’t seemed as boring as he usually was. He had a pretty good match with Jericho this past Friday on Smackdown, and was able to carry his role as Smackdown co-capitan very well. But with The Undertaker, CM Punk, Batista, and Rey Mysterio getting time to shine, I don’t see any room for Kane in the main event. And with Taker as WHC, I don’t see a Brothers Of Destruction reunion coming any time soon. So there’s only one place where Kane could really get into the main event….ECW.

Most of you will probably say Kane’s last run in ECW wasn’t really worth remembering, but the landscape of ECW has changed since then. Chavo is the champ anymore, and there’s no more La Familia . Christian needs a strong heel to feud with, and I think that person is Kane. Kane as ECW champion second time around would be better because I’m sure if he had a championship win against Christian, it would have more meaning than that laughable squash against Chavo at last year's Wrestlemania. So what are your thoughts? Should Kane go to ECW? Could it be a revival for the Big Red Machine? Would you be able to get behind him as ECW champ?

Kane on ECW? Not a bad thought. For one thing, Smackdown already has too many heels, so losing one wouldn't be a big loss. For another, I have to say that the PG era has really tamed Kane and I think that putting him in ECW may just give him the chance to shine in a more extreme way. They don't seem to monitor this show as hard because it's not as popular, so he might be able to get away with more. We need something closer to the old Kane to return. I mean, he's alright as a vicious monster heel up to a point, but he's too easily beatable on Smackdown. That persona no longer holds up. ECW, however, has a much more for him to work with.

William Regal, for one, could try to recruit him to his side. Hurricane could feud with him or even try to bring him to the side of good, bringing up their time as tag-team champions together. A solid feud with Christian and eventually getting the title might be a good way to go. After all, with the current landscape of things, Regal is the only credible championship heel and he's already been solidly trounced by Christian. Kane would be a great addition to this mix.

Yeah, I think this would be good for Kane. He hasn't been doing much lately, and he could bring some credibility to ECW and possibly its championship if he does win it. Since ECW seems to be the "proving grounds" for new recruits, he could really help to establish guys coming up from FCW.

He's already been on ECW, and done everything there is to do there. He pushed younger guys, held the title, and did so on WrestleMania. There isn't anything left for him there...I know there's not much left for him on RAW or SD, but he is far too "big" to be put on the "C" show. He'd be fine just changing shows once in a while, working with some random guys, and showing he can still go in the ring.

Like the OP said, his match with Jericho was good. He can still hang with main eventers...Maybe his next stop is the tag division. Don't ask me who his partner would be, since he's teamed with everyone from Undertaker to Hurricane to X-Pac, but it's an idea.

I disagree completely with this, but in my disagreement, unfortunately, I'm going to sound like a broken record. You see, Kane will work perfectly fine, if the WWE does what should have been done for this Survivor Series, and has one last Kane and Undertaker feud. I truly do think Kane deserves it, and it would be a perfect way to give his career a type of circular development to it. I've always felt this should be his last feud, with Kane doing everything possible to get back at his brother for all of the years of torment and anguish. Yes, I realize that Kane won't get another run with the belt, but if you think about it, Kane and The Undertaker have always had good to great matches, save for one perplexing matchup between the two at Summerslam 2000. This was the feud that defined Kane's career, and in my humble opinion, is also the best feud The Undertake has ever been a part of. As stated by the OP, Kane is still a good hand in the ring, and the history can add a certain amount of intensity to next year's Wrestlemania. If you don't want to make the match for the WHC, you can easily have Kane screw The Undertaker out of the title. I've always envisioned Kane burning The Undertaker, though it was done in 1998, as a pretty good way to cost The Undertaker the belt. From there, Kane can go all bat-shit crazy like he typically does, and build up to one last match between these two.

Anyway, its already been said, but Kane really is too much of a big name for ECW. Sure, Christian could use a heel, but I think this whole Christian-Regal thing eventually will work out to a great angle. Kane just wouldn't look right in ECw. He's better suited haunting The Undertaker one last time, to give a meaningful send-off to his career.

I though Kane was turning face? He was getting a pretty good pop last week. Anyway, I have to disagree. Moving to ECW is pretty unnecessary. At least for the moment. William Regal as the only veteran heel is perfect there. He's been giving more relevance to Ryder, and managing a killer team of Kozlov and Jackson. With Kane there, it would make the title picture seem too crowded for the new guys. And we've seen how much new blood has tried to dethrone Christian as of late. Rather than moving to ECW, I think a better idea would be to team him again with The Undertaker and have them feud with Jericho and Big Show. It would sound promising and the posibility of having the Brothers be champs again. What would be better. An up and coming face tag team beating Jeri-Show for the tag titles? Or an up and coming heel tag team beating Kane and The Undertaker (Hopefully still as world champ) for the tag team belts. And like Tenta suggested, it can lead to another Kane/Undertaker feud.

I think Kane is fine as he is on Smackdown, after all he did get to be the co team captain of the blue show and had a good main event match on Smackdown with Jericho. Already Kane is more relevant on Smackdown than he was during his previous stint on RAW, I've said for what seems like ever now that if you just give Kane something meaningful to do he will shine. He was good in his role as co captain, he was good in the recent Smackdown main event and there's no reason he can't continue to excel on the brand as long as they give him something productive to do. I don't think he should go to ECW because he has done that and if his role is going to be putting over young talent then there's no reason he can't do that on Smackdown and live out the rest of his career there....as for Tenta's suggestion of an Undertaker feud, I think that would be great as the two work well together in my opinion and they haven't feuded in quite some time and so by today's standards that would be a 'fresh' option...

No, I don't think Kane should go to ECW. He is at an age now where he can't ever be a truly effective heel, and he's already done the aging pro thing on ECW. What Kane needs to do is turn face, because people respect him too much to boo him. I'd probably have him feud with Punk this month, let him have a one or two month feud with Undertaker, then probably put him in a tag team, as he is slowing down, and someone could really benefit from the rub of being with a guy as popular as him.

Kane could be interesting for a little bit longer. The PG rating has hurt him, but if Taker can be relevant with his gimmick, so can Kane. Kane should intimidate everyone in a heel fashion like Taker does as a heel. Disappear and reappear like his brother. If Taker has the power, then why not him? I think it can be done and all, but this guy I think can still put on a decent feud and all but just needs the right direction. Let him put fear into his opponents with fire. Have things explode around his victims and scare them or something. Kane can still be relevant.

As for ECW, he's been there and although it was great to see him with a world title again, his time there wasn't too memorable and the ECW brand has changed so much since he left. ECW is doing a good job with who's there now, so there's no reason to put Kane back there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back