• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kane is a face again? I'm confused

Radical Canadian Goose

Getting Noticed By Management
Yes, I know that he has been working as a "tweener" in the Bryan/Punk feud, but last night he went full face mode. First, he interrupted Chris Jericho , then when the brawl erupted he attacked Jericho. Later in the evening he had a match with Big Show. I personally like Kane better as a monster heel , and was really enjoying this last run that he had. I wish WWE would just stop flipping Kane from heel to face with the snap of a finger. The same really goes for Big Show.

I guess what I am asking is

1.) Kane... Better face or heel?

2.) Are you tired of Kane (and Big Show) constantly being flipped back and forth between face and heel without any explanation?

He didn't turn face. Big Show and Jericho are his upcoming opponents, it makes sense for him to attack them. In the build up to this match I fully expect to see some sort of physical interaction between Cena and Kane as well.

He might start going face again, but last night was not a face turn. It was story progression.

I like Kane as a heel. Kane post-unmasking was just a demented sociopath who took joy in the pain of others. He should've been a career heel after that moment.

I just dread the awkward moment of him fist pumping with Zack Ryder or something like that.

Kane is not a Face. He was just attacking MITB contestants, every man for himself.

Kane needs to be mindless and unstoppable though...... his return with a mask just seems to be....maskless Kane.....with a Mask. Which is still better masked....but not dominant as he should be.

Kane is basically still a tweener but there are a few things that make it tough for him to be seen as a full-blown heel:

- Fans cheer him more than boo him

- The current storyline he is in now makes him seem more human thus giving people even less reason to boo him

The fact that he attacked Jericho is neither her nor there really, the one contsant about Kane is that he rarely shows any real allegiance to anyone, he just attacks whoever is closest.

But to answer the other question; do I like Kane better as a heel or face (or tweener) even? Well, I have to say I'm not totally behind the current storyline with Kane and the awy he is booked.

His ring entrance is one of the coolest and 'darkest' entrances in the WWE today (perhaps all-time) and that welders mask he wears makes him look even more intimidating thus why I think he should be booked more as a demon heel but I guess people are tired of that... but they should have done this type of storyline before he got the mask back on then.

Hopefully after this storyline with AJ he will go back to being more of big red monster. I want to see him come to the ring and just chokeslam everyone... seemingly for no good reason... like he used to do. If he attacks babyfaces it will build his heel persona more.

And then I want to see him win the WWE title and get one last reign on top before he retires.

I love both sides of kane. I always enjoy his demonic destroy everyone attitude or i love it when he acts/says funny stuff. I laughed my ass of years ago when he was goofing around with hogan/rock.

Go ahead and change him every week. I enjoy him no matter what.

I'm glad someone brought this up. I was thinking the same thing. They brought him back against Cena as a monster, The Devil's Favorite Demon. Then, he went on to feud with Randy Orton and attacked Cowboy Bob Orton in typical heel fashion. He Was a heel, now he's not so much a monster. I was never a big fan of Kane, frankly, if it were up to me, he would have been gone after WM14. I don't mind him so much now, but I prefer him as a monster heel. That backstage segment with AJ last week was weird because old school Kane would have done something sadistic instead of updating AJ on his "status", a far cry from the guy who tried to get Cena to Embrace The Hate and pretty much put Zack Ryder in near death situations 6 months ago...I'm as confused as you are OP.:shrug:

I think he's a tweener leaning towards face, and I think the AJ storyline is to blame. It made him seem more human, and he had some funny lines in there (like when he described how much of a monster he was, and then said even he finds her crazy). I don't know where they're going with it, but I think he's staying just a monster who the crowd cheers for, but fights everyone.

I hope he doesn't end up full on face, because that's just terrible. Like when he did the Santino Marella trumpet... THE HORROR!!!

I think Kane as a heel works far better because of his gimmick. He's meant to cause destruction and lay out everyone in his path. That's the Kane that debuted, and that's the Kane that scared everyone. However, throughout the years, the WWE really dropped the ball with him. He should have never spoke, but he did. He should have never done comedic routines, but he did. He should have never been in a Tag Team with anyone other than the Undertaker, but he was. He should have never lost to Stone Cold Steve Austin the next night right after winning the WWE Championship, but he did. So many factors apply here that have somewhat weakened his once-threatening presence. Add to the fact that as destructive as he should be or is supposed to be, he loses on a constant basis to various opponents on both sides of the fence; mid-carder and main eventer. It's annoying. After a while, you really can't take him seriously as the threat he's trying to pose as. That one victory over Randy Orton at WrestleMania was his only meaningful victory in a LONG time. At least, as far back as I remember since losing the World Heavyweight Championship. He should have had at least one victory over John Cena upon his return with the mask, but nope. And now, Kane as a face? Nah, I don't buy that. It's stupid. It's too 2002. It's way too much of a contrast to his current character build-up and appearance.

He isn't a face.
He isn't a heel.
He is a monster.
He beats up whoever the hell he pleases.
Sure he has had some funny comedy moments lately, but I personally love the Kane that cracks a joke but still kicks ass. Go on YouTube and look up Kane's funniest moments. Kane is a very funny person .

I think Kane as a heel works far better because of his gimmick. He's meant to cause destruction and lay out everyone in his path. That's the Kane that debuted, and that's the Kane that scared everyone. However, throughout the years, the WWE really dropped the ball with him. He should have never spoke, but he did. He should have never done comedic routines, but he did. He should have never been in a Tag Team with anyone other than the Undertaker, but he was. He should have never lost to Stone Cold Steve Austin the next night right after winning the WWE Championship, but he did. So many factors apply here that have somewhat weakened his once-threatening presence. Add to the fact that as destructive as he should be or is supposed to be, he loses on a constant basis to various opponents on both sides of the fence; mid-carder and main eventer. It's annoying. After a while, you really can't take him seriously as the threat he's trying to pose as. That one victory over Randy Orton at WrestleMania was his only meaningful victory in a LONG time. At least, as far back as I remember since losing the World Heavyweight Championship. He should have had at least one victory over John Cena upon his return with the mask, but nope. And now, Kane as a face? Nah, I don't buy that. It's stupid. It's too 2002. It's way too much of a contrast to his current character build-up and appearance.

I disagree on the he never should've spoken part. When he first came to the WWE, he was just an unhinged monster, but once he began speaking, you realized he was actually very intelligent, which made him an even bigger threat. The only problem was that he was hardly booked as such.

Im sick of kane all together unfortunately...his characters been stale for quite awhile now...he was always a much better heel than he was a face, same with Big Show....I hate the fact that when it comes to big guys,WWE always makes them either a ''monster heel'' or a goofy babyface

I wouldn't call Kane a "face" right now, however I find it hard to call him a "heel". He really is a "tweener" in it's fullest for the time being. He's more of a tamed monster right now, like a circus bear, he is a big guy who could be a destructive force however he goes along and listens and pays attention when he shouldn't be booked like that.

Kane has something that no other superstar has; The record number of Rumble Match eliminations.

WWE NEED TO UTILIZE THIS!

Do not make Kane a "tweener" or a "face"!

If Kane is booked as a monster for the rest of this year then use him as a pay off for another big guy.

WWE loves to have big guys seem like destructive monsters who just want to cause pain and suffering. All that's needed is an up & coming big guy and Kane being booked as a monster.

Imagine going towards the Rumble you have Kane and another big guy both tearing through competition and generally being destructive. The Rumble match can have the focus on Kane in the build up and that he looks more dominant than ever etc....

Have Kane come in early and clean some guys out 1 by 1 until he has 5-6 eliminations. Then get a couple of the top guys in to slow Kane down. When there is more superstars in the ring then introduce the other monster big guy to the match. Have him almost clean house and get 11 eliminations leaving only him and Kane.

From here is simple. Kane loses. This other monster beats the record holder to have a new record of 12 eliminations and this makes the winner look unstoppable heading in to WM and you now also have a legit "monster" like how Kane originally was.

Kane is valuable to the WWE still, but only if booked correctly.

My opinion and preferred outcome would be what I said but each to their own.

I want to see him come to the ring and just chokeslam everyone... seemingly for no good reason... like he used to do.

That's my favorite version of him, too. I remember the days when he was allied with X-Pac and Tori (not Torrie Wilson): Kane was so unpredictable he might destroy all the bad guys in the ring..... and just as he was being embraced by the good guys, he'd turn and choke-slam all of them, too. Yet, we still couldn't definitively say he was a heel; he was just an unpredictable monster. Sometimes I wonder if he "invented" the position of 'tweener with his tendencies back then.

I agree with others in this topic; Kane isn't turning good, he was simply attacking everyone who will be opposing him in the near future. In other words, business as usual for Kane.

Kane's always been a horny bastard that chases girls. First there was Tori, then there was Katie Vick, then there was Lita, then there was Kelly Kelly (he could smell the ****e beast inside of her), and now there's AJ. He still possesses monster like traits, but even a monster needs to reproduce. Which he almost did until Snitsky came along and kicked that baby into the crowd.

But no, in all seriousness, I could care less if he's heel or face, just as long as the gimmick makes sense. You can be a monster and still be cheered. Ask Disney.

when I look back at kane's first masked run between 97-01, and his unmasked run, and now back to his masked run, even though its been up and down for kane, no question kane under the mask at times has been a hell of allot more consistent. One thing that plagued the kane character's reputation is switching back and forth to face heel face heel since he lost the mask. Since he returned in dec 2011, what we have seen is kane sticking to his principles, AJ threw a spanner to the works, but AJ backstage with kane, when kane explained the situation on what kane is, basically has kept kane into what he is.

His return has been a mixed bag, with some devastating moments, to moments at times where it is disappointing. Kane should have won the orton feud etc, since NWO kane has gone downhill a bit, his defeats to punk and show especially does make all kane fans a little concerned now. The battle royal even though kane got eliminated, it was more down to kane being stupid by leaving himself open. So it ended better for kane than on RAW.

Kane is not a face, he is half and half, of a heel and a tweener. But the remasking/resurrection has reclaimed kane's identity has a monster heel. He will remain a heel slash tweener, and will sometimes go on a rampage, get involved with feuds etc.

I wouldn't call Kane a face because of the fact he interrupted Jericho, and had a match with Big Show, 2 of the other 3 guys in the MITB match with him. So what if Big Show and Jericho are heels. You can have 2 heelish characters feud and make it work. What the WWE needs to do is let Kane use his intellect more in his promos and such

I'm guessing tweener. What WWE does with Kane a lot of the times is confusing. I was questioning whether he was turning face when he was involved in the Bryan/Punk/A.J. storyline. As a huge Kane fan, the WWE never ceases to disappoint me. I was ecstatic to see him win the WHC a couple years ago, but then there was that Last Man Standing match he had with Edge on Smackdown where it should've taken Edge a lot more to keep down Kane. Then he turned face again and started to become less dominant. When he came back with the mask, it gave us Kane fans false hope that WWE might actually use him properly again. He was nearly killing Zack Ryder week after week and then SuperCena beat him. He got one victory over Orton, but Orton beat him the other two times. He's also been pinned by Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk and the Big Show since then. (Why the **** did Brodus Clay not get involved in the Kane vs. Big Show match? Shouldn't he want revenge?:wtf:) IMO, Kane should be the destructive force that Show is now. Quite honestly, Kane deserves another World or WWE title reign.

To answer the OP's other question, I prefer Kane as a dominant, monster heel.

i also love kane as a monster heel, but he is one of the few heels, that no matter how many times they put him as a monster heel, somewhere down the road during whomever he is feuding with, somehow they cheer for him.

he is still one of my faves, i hope they give him a title run

Kane doesn't have to be a face or a heel...he is big enough to do whatever the hell he wants, whenever the hell he wants. they should leave him like that. he would be awesome as a mercenary...kinda like the APA. Kane torches people for the highest bidder.

It might be interesting if they don't commit him to a role of face/heel and this is why... With Kane you never need to overtell a story to explain the change all you need to do is put him in a match with a face or a heel. If it's a face it is normally a David vs Goliath situation, if it's a heel it's the guy getting what's coming to him for past heelish actions situation vs taking too much tv time to explain which side Kane is on. They can easily get away with this and keep the formula going...

I like Kane better as a heel. Right now though I don't think he is a face. He is attacking opponents in the MITB match. I think Kane just basically attacks anyone he wants though. His character doesn't exactly fit into the face/heel category anymore. Like a poster before said he is a monster. It seems like the best way to explain it.

Kane is no face or no heel Kane is Kane. Kane beats up whoever he wants. It doesent matter if its John Cena Big Show Jericho etc, Kane is supposed to be a monster that destroys everything in his path.

Yeah thought the same thing, so he's a mega heel trying to destroy Cena and Ryder, then he's a tweener then Big Show goes heel and Kane's an afterthought back to semi-face again,

Make Up Ya Friggin Mind WWE

There are too many monster heels atm though but Kane is too far gone to be even remotely believable anymore. That outfit is so ******ed and where's the menace and the dominance?

Kane is and pretty much always has been a tweener.

Now, you could argue whether or not that's happened by design or by accident. Personally, I think it's the latter, because 10 months out of every 12 it seems no one has any idea how to book him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back