Kane Chasing the WHC

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Source: WrestleZone.com

Kane's program with Edge may actually be a few month program. Vince thinks that the fans would love to see Kane chase Edge for the title.

You know I think Vince is off his rocker here as there just no way I want to see Kane in a lengthy feud with Edge over the WHC. I know Smackdown is lacking faces that can mainevent and challenge Edge but for Kane to have lengthy feud is a joke. I'm sorry but Kane is not what he used to be and hes really sloppy in the ring nowadays. i know some will be all like, " Kane can finally win the gold and etc." but lets be real Kane is nothing anymore. So here to hoping that the Kane and Edge feud wont be long as they have a feud in the past. Kane chasing the Gold is ok for a like month but no over a few months.

I enjoyed the Kane/Edge matches two years ago. But I dont need to see anymore of them. Hopefully this match is just a stop gap for Edge. I want him to face Rey at Summer Slam and beyond. I'm really hoping that those two trade the title between each other a few times. Similar to how The Rock and Mankind did in early 99.

Kane is nothing anymore. He really does suck. He has done for the best part of 8 years. The gimmick is the only think he has. And he hasn't had that since 2003.

I enjoyed the Kane/Edge matches two years ago. But I dont need to see anymore of them. Hopefully this match is just a stop gap for Edge. I want him to face Rey at Summer Slam and beyond. I'm really hoping that those two trade the title between each other a few times. Similar to how The Rock and Mankind did in early 99.

Kane is nothing anymore. He really does suck. He has done for the best part of 8 years. The gimmick is the only think he has. And he hasn't had that since 2003.

I thought their feud a few years ago was good as well back that was then and now well Kane sucks. I dont see how they can keep this program being any good as what can Kane and Edge do really? Have some gimmicked matches i guess that will fit Kane's character. Though Edge is one of the best in gimmick matches this doe snothing for him. He needs a stronger oppenent that people want to watch and Edge can do great things in the ring with like Rey. Still nothing interesting but the Rey and Edge thing will work and that will draw ratings.

I really wouldnt mind seeing it but at the time right now it just doesnt make sense...Kane is a guy that has recently been getting his ass kicked by Kahli and Henry and being pretty much nothing more than a jobber then he comes out of nowhere and go for the title but Vince is sorta right as ive noticed alot of people including myself would like for Kane to go after the title because he deserves it hes busted his ass off for the wwe for along time but he will not win the belt from Edge imo they are just sticking him in there for now because hes one of the few faces on smackdown..more than likely we will see a two month feud between the two with Edge somehow cheating his way to victory at the GAB leading to a rematch at Summerslam(but it could be Rey's turn) after that hopefully no more or it would be just too long

But as for Kane being champ I dont know he really does deserve it and all but like you said A.J. Kane is nothing anymore like he was in the ring 5 years ago..hes gotten very sloppy imo and hasnt put on any really decent match in quite some time now and I dont think fans would take Kane very seriously being that hes been jobbed out so much in recent years. Once id would have liked for him to chase and maybe win the belt but now its a little too late..

Wow 2003 called and told me that Kane was getting a main event feud. Honestly, who gives a shit. Yes, I know, people are going to be, Oh, Glenn Jacobs, he's been there forever and deserves a title run longer then one day, blah blah blah.

Fuck all of that noise. Kane should have been given the strap in 2003, but thanx to "I Job to no one" Triple H, that didn't happen. Now we have 4 more years of wear and tear on a guy that was never superb in the ring to begin with.

Yes Glen Jacobs deserves to be more then a one day champion, but sure as hell not at the expense of Edge's current title run. I wonder though, if Rey was supposed to be back for a summerslam feud, and his name has popped up in a steroid scandal, if this is a last minute decision. Wouldn't look too good for the WWE to throw a belt on O.G. with his initials all over the media right now. Plus, it also says that Vince doesn't have much faith in Matt Hardy's ability to be in a main event feud, so maybe Vince isn't as crazy as we all think.

Call me crazy but I think WWE should've put Kane on ECW during the recent draft. Firstly, the sci-fi thing kinda fits his character and secondly he could've become a main-eventer there and become the champ.

However, they haven't and Kane is one of only 3 faces (the others being Ric Flair and Matt hardy) on Smackdown who could currently challenge Edge for the title. I do believe they can have a good feud if set up right as Kane is a monster and Edge is frightened and takes every opportunity he can. Edge won't lose the title to Kane though no matter how long they feud for, unless Vince has a crazy idea and gives Kane a longer title run than his 1st by a day (win on Friday SD and lose on Sunday PPV, lol). I do believe that Rey will be the one who defeats Edge for the title and then instantly this brings Batista back into the title frame, even though he and Rey are friends. Eventually Edge regains the title and keeps it until he faces the retuning Undertaker.

Call me crazy but I think WWE should've put Kane on ECW during the recent draft. Firstly, the sci-fi thing kinda fits his character and secondly he could've become a main-eventer there and become the champ.

However, they haven't and Kane is one of only 3 faces (the others being Ric Flair and Matt hardy) on Smackdown who could currently challenge Edge for the title. I do believe they can have a good feud if set up right as Kane is a monster and Edge is frightened and takes every opportunity he can. Edge won't lose the title to Kane though no matter how long they feud for, unless Vince has a crazy idea and gives Kane a longer title run than his 1st by a day (win on Friday SD and lose on Sunday PPV, lol). I do believe that Rey will be the one who defeats Edge for the title and then instantly this brings Batista back into the title frame, even though he and Rey are friends. Eventually Edge regains the title and keeps it until he faces the retuning Undertaker.

Couldn't have said it better myself. If they needed someone on ECW; a monster heel to hold the title, and then eventually put over young guys like CM Punk and Monty Brown, then it's Kane. He's been wasted on Raw and Smackdown for the best part of three years now - The stuff with Shane, Hardy and Edge was good but after that Kane just became a jobber, putting over every new monster heel from Umaga to Khali, just so that Vince can feed his big-man monster-heel fetish. Kane was the greatest monster heel but now he is nothing more than old crap.

It's hard to believe in his gimmick as an intimidating heel that can be a threat to a major championship when in the past few years, he's done nothing but lose match after match. Umaga... Imposter Kane... Khali... Mark Henry... the list goes on. Beaten by guys all wanting to be the guy Kane was in the late 90's. Which is why it's totally unrealistic to have Kane face a guy like Edge. Everyone knows that Edge will not drop the strap to Kane at any point during their fued, and unless there's a remotely interesting angle behind it, then it's just going to be the same old Edge vs Kane matches over and over. Been there, done that - neither of them have had much of a gimmick change since (apart from Edge perhaps increasing the maliciousness of his Rated R gimmick, and Kane becoming a jobber to big guys), so it's all just the same old crap.

But I guess Edge needs a fued with someone until Rey Rey gets back, which, like the previous poster said, opens up a whole plethora of new possibilities. Maybe a gimmick match along the line will help this fued, otherwise it'll be nothing more than an older, fatter Kane, chasing a cowardly champion who, despite his fear of the challenger, somehow manages to retain his title. Just another way to put Edge over as a dominating champion.

I agree with everyone here about Kane not being as good as he used to.
But i would rather watch Kane than John Cena no matter Kane's current state. ALso don't forget Kane said himself that if given the strap he would loose the pounds and improve his moveset. It was like that with Taker, when he needed to he was able to get into form and start performing better than anyone in the whole company.
And to say Kane taking the title from edge would ruin his reign, is wrong because it would make edge look much better if he lost it then won it back. Cause the way its going now, edge is going to reign untill he gets his ass kicked by undertaker when he gets back, and thats very Predictable.
And what is this reign?? Its crap they show Edge to be some scared champion who gets the crap beat out of him every week.
About the moral status of Kane, that is fixable one day they could have Kane get revenge, which would be dominating the roaster, including Mark Henry etc.
I will admit Edge has more talent than Kane atm but whats the point if not even half of his talent isnt even shown.
And what pains me is that, people just as bad if not worse have been put ahead and Jr said it himself Kane is one of the most underrated wrestlers ever.
Edge has ATLEAST 10 years left in him, so i don't know what the problem is.

Edge and Kane had a good rivalry in 2005.They had decent matches.But now Kane is becoming sluggish in the ring.And I'm really hoping for him to not be chasing the title.I would rather see Rey in the picture.Sure he deserved a longer title run.But now who really wants to see a title reign from him?
I agree with Shockie that he should have gotten the title back in 2003.

I think that they are using Kane to fill in for Rey Mysterio. I don't see this feud lasting very long. I think Kane will lose to Edge, and when Rey comes back he will chase Edge for the title. But thats just my opinion.

Bond Forever :007:

Kane does desrve a title run but not at the expense of Edge.

At least its not Batista straight after Taker beat him "I WANT MY RE-MATCH".

Kane isnt as good as he was but thats because his image is ruined. He once was the monster of the WWE but now hes relegated to jobber.

I cant see edge in a feud for long with Kane maybe a few months but after him its Rey Mysterio for definate.

I think that Kane should do a Tag team with Taker when he comes back and lose the pounds and get some ring rust off then people might appreciate him like the old days.

We could see some great matches between Kane and Edge I for one see Kane turning Heel at the end. I also think its a way for Kane to get some rust off of him.

So much Kane bashing.WHY?Kane is still a great wrestler and TLC 4 was an amazing match were he retained the tag titles alone.He is a former world champion but only for one day.He needs a long title reign.And i personnally think he should be in TNA,not taking this VINCE CRAP!!!but for now,he,along with Matt,Majors,and Palumbo,is the only reason i watch SD.I hope he wins the world title.he deserves it.GOOD JOB GLEN!

So much Kane bashing.WHY?

Because he's a terrible wrestler.

Kane is still a great wrestler and TLC 4 was an amazing match were he retained the tag titles alone.

That was 5 years ago. the only half decent matches he's had in the 5 years after are with Matt Hardy & Edge. And they weren't stone cold classics.

He is a former world champion but only for one day.He needs a long title reign.

So is Yokozuna. What's you point?

And i personnally think he should be in TNA,not taking this VINCE CRAP!!!

What without the Kane gimmick. I doubt anybody would give a shit about a bad wrestler called Glen Jacobs.

kane does not suck! he has been stuck in shitty programs with people who can't wrestle and it makes him look weak and like he's no good. anybody who's last 2 big feuds were with Mark Henry and Khali would look terrible because they are terrible. anytime kane has ever had any chance he rises to the occassion all he needs is to work w/ someone who doesn't need to be carried from start to finish.

none offence to Kane i like the guy and would love to see him fight in a match that has no one who needs carried but he will JOB TO EDGE!

Youve all heard them say Kane may be one of if not the most under-rated talent in WWE. As a fan since the Attitude Era, I've enjoyed booing the hell out of Kane and at the same time being entertained by his entrances and his gimmick.

But the night they had him finally take off his mask, was the beginning of the end for Kane, his entire character revolved around "whats behind that damn mask" And after that, he just became as you all have been saying a jobber rather than a monster.

After the short feud with the imposter Kane, which I found very pointless to say the least... When Kane was holding the mask and said "This is mine" I literally thought they might have him bring the mask back...

Yes I know what you all are going to say, Theres no point if we already know what he looks like, so the f*ck what? I hate thinking of Kane and then thinking of him w/o the mask... because the mask really put over the monster character, now hes just another bald big guy...

Kane doesn't have much left... he's done many favors and jobbed to many talent and has not gotten much credit... He deserves a title reign...

As stupid as it may sound I wouldnt mind seeing Kane win the Royal Rumble and go on a 3 month hype of headlining at WrestleMania and winning the WWE Championship... and screw the World Heavyweight title!!

but for now,he,along with Matt,Majors,and Palumbo,is the only reason i watch SD.

:blink: speechless......

I dont mind to see Kane jobing Edge, i mean, its better than jobbing Mark Henry or Dave Taylor <-- Where is he?

Kane shouldnt retire yet, he is a good worker and a glorified jobber (in words of Jake...). I rather see him than Palumbo, Flair, etc....(yes I said Flair, he is way too old for this, but whatso-fucking-ever, if he can sell shirts, he should continue until WM30 vs the son of Hogan, WOOOOOO!!!

I used to be a huge kane fan because from when he ripped the door off the cell to when he took off the mask he was amazing. remember when he couldnt talk, then he got that robot like voice. "i.....am....kane". i think taking off the mask killed Kane because he's not a monster anymore he's just a strong guy thats ugly and now he finds it difficult to do a big boot because he's gotten fat. i dont think he should get a WHC title shot unless the champion is heel and burns his face so that he has to put the mask on again

kane dosnt have much left in the way of good matches. hes not in as good of shape either he doesnt get around as well and like someone mentioned earlier he cant get the big boot up anymore if hes going to ever win the tite again hes got alot of work to do. However Kane is still a good worker and still gets a nice pop i think all thats left for him is a few more jobs and thats about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back