• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kaleidscope- Tiësto feat Jón Þór Birgisson

Nitafrong

Póg mo thóin! :)
A friend of mine sent me a link to this song a couple of weeks ago and I thought I might post it up here to see what you guys thought. :)

[YOUTUBE]LydS5nUeh7A[/YOUTUBE]

I am not generally a fan of dance music. Thats not to say I won't dance in a club (I love dancing :D ), but I would never listen to dance music recreationally. The main reason I gave this song a chance of course was due to the guest vocalist- Jonsi from Sigur Ros.

As a song I think this is ok- I like the effect of a slow build and it is done pretty well. A lot of dance music seems orientated to try and create epic moments- pulsating throbing beats along with epilepsy inducing lights all thrown in for good measure- and to an extent it seems to be done here. If this came on in a club I would probably enjoy it.

Still though I don't think this song is as good as it could be. I was struck by it the first time I heard it but after a couple of listens..... it just doesn't seem to have a lot of substance. I suppose it just doesn't seem different enough to me- no real attempt to bridge the music between dance and something a little different.

Anyways thats my thoughts :) What about you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back