• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justinsayne

Sparky

Master of the Aussie kiss
Or anybody that shares a house with flatmates...

Do you guys have rules in your house?

All tenants will be allocated a certain time for when to have a shower or wash, if you miss that time frame then you miss out until the next day.

30 minutes is the maximum time to be in the shower (under the water) , you can share your allocated time with someone else if wanted. Bath’s can go for longer as not as much water is used.
No washing is to be done before 7pm except on a Sunday or a public holiday, this does not include bedding. If you do a load of washing it gets hanged out as soon as it is finished the cycle. If there is not enough room on the clothes line then DO NOT do a load of washing.
Unless asked by the person cooking tea DO NOT enter the kitchen while tea is being cooked and prepared.
Notice must be given to the person cooking tea at least 24 hours before hand if you are not going to be there for tea.
All house work should be shared equally by all tenants as we all live here, if you clean up after yourself it will be much easier but there is still things that have to be shared as in the garbage and laundry.
Always clean bathroom after use and turn on fan also remember to turn the fan off. Always spray out the bathroom after use of toilet with AIRFRESHNER for the next person.
Lights in the bedroom should not be on for more than 20 minutes of a time. There is a perfectly good lounge room that can be shared so power isn’t getting wasted. This does NOT mean you can turn it off and then back on again for an extra 20 minutes.
Do not leave lights on if you’re not in the room. With the only exception being the kitchen while tea is cooking.
If a “simple” tea is elected then it does not mean take meat out of the freezer, as that is not what a simple tea is called.
are those rules to strict or "stupid"?

One or two are definately stupid. And that's saying a lot considering that I've heard plenty of my friends' stories of stupid tenants here in India.

This one is really dumb.

Unless asked by the person cooking tea DO NOT enter the kitchen while tea is being cooked and prepared.
Notice must be given to the person cooking tea at least 24 hours before hand if you are not going to be there for tea.

Some may sound strict but are pretty OK though. Like the bathroom one.

I know I asked for your opinion but,

1) It might be a large kitchen but everything needed to cook tea, is cramped into one small part of it. Trying to cook while people are using the sink is a pain in the arse.

2) This rule was because I would get the meat out for tea and then be told an hour before tea time that my flat mate wasn't going to be there for tea, even though when I would get the meat out for tea I would ask if she would be there. to much food got wasted.

I had not considered the first point that way. As it stands I feel it is OK now.

But I still feel that 24 hours is a bit strict. Something might come in a matter of minutes, right? Keep it down to say 5 hours. That's a reasonable time period, imo.

I'll take that, but that's not the rule I was hoping somebody would pick up on. I need to know if this certain rule in particular is stupid or not...

Shit fuck, I forgot 2 rules... No not the one I'm hoping somebody picks up on...

rule 1 - the pegs must not be left on an empty clothesline

rule 2 - one person a night cooks tea, the other two wash and dry up. the washing up must be done the same night as you have tea, don't leave it until the morning.

Most of those rules sound remarkably similar to the rules I had in my shared house at university. Some of them were sort off unwritten rules such as not to waste electricity/water. The only one that was different was the house work. We had it that the tenants took turns in cleaning the house at the end of the week.

They all seem pretty reasonable, not sure about the no washing before 7PM though, isn't that a bit late to be doing washing?

It gets dark at bout 9.30 here. and we wash every night. but that's still not the rule that my flatmate and her family have a problem with...

Those rules are fucking ******ed, our "rules", and I use that term lightly, were pretty fucking basic, Clean up after yourself, that's is, that was really the only rule we had, you clean your own dishes, you do your own laundry, and you take a shower when ever you fucking want, also 90% of the time you were responsible for feeding your self as well

Yeah, I'm with Justinsayne. That list of rules is almost completely ridiculous. If I want to wash my clothes before 7pm, why can't I? And what if I'm annoyed with you two? I can't be in my room with a light on for more than 20 minutes?

How much does electricity/water cost in Australia?

I'm with Razor and justin. I've lived at university and with other people and nowhere have I seen such rules.

Every one of those are objectionable to put it kindly. Whoever put them together is a Nazi in some form.

20 minutes with the light on in your own room? You can't take a shower for 24 hours if you miss a timeslot? They make NO sense.

Yeah those are nuts. I'm sorry I didn't take a shower the 6 days. I had this thing called a job and I couldn't get home in time.

The shared responsibility of doing laundry is crazy, I've got no problem washing my own cloths, but no fucking way am I putting some other dudes skid marked stained underwear in with my cloths.

Also, If I'm paying for my fucking room than I shall do what I please, being restricted on how long I can have the light on in my room, we'll, Hitler is laughing somewhere at that one.

I pretty much have one rule, GIVE ME RENT/CABLE/UTILITIES MONEY ON TIME.... and keep yo filthy hands of mah chronic!

Those rules are fucking ******ed, our "rules", and I use that term lightly, were pretty fucking basic, Clean up after yourself, that's is, that was really the only rule we had, you clean your own dishes, you do your own laundry, and you take a shower when ever you fucking want, also 90% of the time you were responsible for feeding your self as well

Missed a rule:

"Make sure to lock the front door in cas- JESUS CHRIST ON A BIKE HE'S BACK, YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN BRISTOL PALIN!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back