Just a thought bout current title situation...

crazymike0907

Occasional Pre-Show
As everybody knows, since Big Show won the ECW Title from RVD, he has only defended it against RAW & Smackdown competitors. Now on ECW on Sci Fi, they just did a backstage promo with Heyman telling Sabu he will not let him face Show for the title. So that got me thinking...

Do you think that maybe in the long run, Heyman is booking Show against only WWE guys for a reason? Think of it this way..he knows the Big Show would destroy his ECW wrestlers, and you know he hates Vince and RAW/Smackdown. So what better way to get back at Smackdown then to have Big Show destroy a different member of each brand each week in an ECW rules match. So basically, Paul is putting Show against WWE guys because he hates Vince & wants to get rid of his brand.

That's just what I was thinkin, what do you guys think? At least that reasoning would make sense, and wouldn't piss me off as bad as vince just not trusting the ecw guys...

thoughts?

Well I had my theory about all the crap goin on in WWECW which i posted in the discusson forum but I didn't have one for the logic of putting Big Show against RAW and Smackdown guys, and that's a pretty damn good explanation.

crazymike i hope thats the storyline vince is going for otherwise the man has lost his fuckin mind and doesnt kno what he is doin....someone should drug test vince and see what comes up

Its probably be because there arnt any viable ECW guys who can be champ(from vince's view point).In the original ecw,they were more concerned with whowas more hardcore and could kick ass,as opposed to who will sell the highest units of t-shirts.I doubt Dreamer,Funk or Sandman will get title opportunities cause they dont fit the "wwe superstar image".Sabu is still in shit over the rvd incident,thats why he is being held back.The heyman shoot where he wa telling him that he wouldnt give him a shoot was a way to shut us up.I dont know about you guys,but i think vince is slowly killing the true essence of what ecw is really about.

That makes so mutch sense, In real life Paul loves ECW but due to Vince being an ass-hole he makes Paul something that in the REAL-ECW of the 90's paul wouldent of been, Vince is just insane, too many steroids, Paul probally in his heart would rather have ECW dead then this WWECW mockery, its still a good show but compared to ECW of the oldschool it blows

I think that they are just trying to get ratings and make up a fanbase.

ErkBono23 said:
give it time..thats the way i see it....slowly but steadly it will all unfold nicely

Agree'd...You know, I think it's because we're so used to the orginial ECW that we can't stand to see this new ECW product. I'm sure Vince has watched MANY old school tapes before relaunching ECW, so he knows what we as the orignial fans want. He just has to do it slowly, very slowly, but we just might get what we want. Maybe not on Tuesday nights but at the next PPV. Someone said in another thread that it was really Sci-Fi that wanted to put established WWE stars on the first few weeks to make ratings, because they didn't think ECW by itself would work out. But so far, Sci Fi seems to be pleased w/ the ratings so they might lighten up. It's a work in progress. I mean, WWE has lways had it's same product as far as in-ring performance goes, but they've pulled off some crazy shit before, so who knows what ECW will bring to the table after another month or two.

Lone_Star said:
Agree'd...You know, I think it's because we're so used to the orginial ECW that we can't stand to see this new ECW product. I'm sure Vince has watched MANY old school tapes before relaunching ECW, so he knows what we as the orignial fans want. He just has to do it slowly, very slowly, but we just might get what we want. Maybe not on Tuesday nights but at the next PPV. Someone said in another thread that it was really Sci-Fi that wanted to put established WWE stars on the first few weeks to make ratings, because they didn't think ECW by itself would work out. But so far, Sci Fi seems to be pleased w/ the ratings so they might lighten up. It's a work in progress. I mean, WWE has lways had it's same product as far as in-ring performance goes, but they've pulled off some crazy shit before, so who knows what ECW will bring to the table after another month or two.

Let's just hope your right because, hopefully they'll being to unfld as soon as possible before they begin to lose their audience surely, but slowly!

Lone_Star said:

I agree, that sounds like a good explanation. I heard it was on a trial run too.

Whats next? Maybe having Hulk Hogan appear on ECW and challenge Big Show for the ECW World Title? Hulk could be second guy to hold the WWE championship, WCW championship and maybe ECW World Champion?

i think that would be the Blackest day in ECW history if Hulk Hogan was the champion even if the wwecw is a shell of its former self that would kill any and all credibility

Why don't The WWE do inter promtinal main events for all brands? That would make great ratings for Smackdown and RAW besides ECW.

Well, according to Paul Heyman in his Sun interview, that this gives Big Show credibility to Show being champion to defend against top WWE wreslters, i think it doesn't, if only Van Dam didn't fuck up Big Show probably wouldn't be champion, Why didn't they give the title to someone else? well my guess is no one else had more of a reputation to take the title from Van Dam, all the old ECW guys were face, except Justin C., who had just been in sqaush matches, the rest of the roster had either just debuted (like Knox, Test, etc.) Big Show was the only heel that could of taked the title from him so i do understand, but i still think it's a stupid move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back