John morrison taking Paul Burchills C4

KKarvox

Pre-Show Stalwart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uElA3nbcLX8

What does every one think of this? I think Morrison pulled it off quite well, but it kind of annoys me that they let him do it, but didn't let Paul Burchill do it. I know Burchill's was a little shaky sometimes, but against the right wrestlers, he could pull it off quite well.

Arguably, Burchill's defining feature was his C4 move, and the fact that WWe didn't let him use it, but lets Morrison use it seems quite Hypocritical on WWe's part. The fact that WWE took this move from him, as well as taking the pirate gimmick away, was critical to stopping his momentum, and prevented him from getting over imo.

On the other hand, Morrison was in major need of a new finisher, and this could work nicely against the right people.

So what do you think?
* Is it hypocritical for WWE to allow Morrision to do it, but not let Burchill do it?
* Is this move a good for Morrison.

i agree that JoMO needs a new finisher and that looked wonderful when he did it. but when paul burchill did it i just didnt like it for some reason. all morrison needs now is some improvement on the mic and then he can be in the main event scene

C4, huh? Never knew that was Burchill's finisher. I only knew it as the Tsunami Bend, I think from the SvR games. Never used as it really didn't do it as a finisher for me, and seemed a little unrealistic.

I do agree that Morrison pulled it off well. I was actually impressed by it on Raw on Monday. I do think that Morrison is a good wrestler, if he could just get away from the Starship Pain. This could definitely work as a replacement finisher, though I would rather see the Moonlight Drive make a return. Seriously, when was the last time that made an appearance?

C4, huh? Never knew that was Burchill's finisher. I only knew it as the Tsunami Bend, I think from the SvR games. Never used as it really didn't do it as a finisher for me, and seemed a little unrealistic.

I do agree that Morrison pulled it off well. I was actually impressed by it on Raw on Monday. I do think that Morrison is a good wrestler, if he could just get away from the Starship Pain. This could definitely work as a replacement finisher, though I would rather see the Moonlight Drive make a return. Seriously, when was the last time that made an appearance?

Burchill used it for years in the indies, and for his first run on WWE. Look it up on Youtube. He called it Walking the Plank when he was on Smackdown. I agree that Morrison pulled it off well though, i just wish they had let Burchill use it.

Lol, "Walking the plank". Pirates are awesome...scratch that, pirates arrrrghh awesome. Yeah, I've never really seen any indy wrestling. Even Danielson, Punk, McGuinness(sp?) I've never watched. Burchill I only saw briefly in the WWE and wasn't a big fan of his gimmick, with Katie Lea, or the feud with Helms.

I really should go and look up some of the videos from the indies, though. Seems like there are a lot of good wrestlers out there I'm missing. I just really hate not having the polish that the WWE has in their production.

The C4 was without a doubt the only defining moment in Burchill's WWE career aside from the failed attempt at an incest angle. I saw him pull it off a few times when he was doing his pirate gimmick and I have to admit it looked pretty awesome when he did it and I was disappointed when they took the move and his gimmick away from him and turned him into just another generic wrestler with a hot manager. When I saw Morrison do it at first I thought "really? you're going to steal the extremely noticeable finisher from a guy y'all basically burned a few years ago?" but then it grew on me because the thought of it replacing the Starship Pain is better than caring that it was "stolen" from Burchill, since it is in no way an everyday move.

Considering Burchill is now a firefighter I don't see any reason not to use it. It's an awesome move and Morrison pulls it ff quite well so why not. I don't see him using it as a finisher because unlike Starship Pain and even Moonlight Drive he will not be able to use it effectively aganst guys like Kane, Big Show, Undertaker and possibly even Triple H. Great move and not an issue if he uses it. Besides Burchil's Curb Stomp and Jackhammer looked better for Paul even though it was quite the sight to see him do that.

The reason Morrison gets to use it is b/c hes not using it as a finisher. He uses it as a regular move not as a finisher. So it would NOT be hypocritical to let him use it since he doesnt need to use it in every match, only against guys they know he can pull it off against.

I think its a good move for him its a very athletic move and he pulls it off very well. if he uses it as a rare signiture move it could easily propel him to the top if he can get his mic work on track.

I was truly impressed when I saw Morrison use this move. He nailed it, and Ryder sold well. I think he could use this like Jeff used the twist of fate, as a setup for the high flying finisher. For his larger opponents I'd like to see him bring back the moonlight drive so he can use it in place of the "C4"

you could say same for shooting star press remember a few years ago they banned that but now Evan Bourne uses it i don't see anything wrong with JoMo using the C4 as long as he only uses it against cretin wrestlers and not larger ones who he could hurt doing it

I thought Morrison pulled it off perfectly, and I hope he keeps the move as a signature move to set him up for Starship Pain. I know it was Burchill's finisher, but I like seeing the move so I'm not going to complain.

I thought the reason that Paul stopped doing it is that he was a heel and that they were afraid that the move would get a good reaction from the crowd so he just stopped using it. I say as long as Morrison can pull it off well then more power to him, as long as he doesn't pull some heel turn and stop using it.

you could say same for shooting star press remember a few years ago they banned that but now Justin Gabriel uses it i don't see anything wrong with JoMo using the C4 as long as he only uses it against cretin wrestlers and not larger ones who he could hurt doing it

i think u mean evan bourne.... and theres no way they wouldnt let bourne do the SSP.. he literally does the best in the business and was one of his main selling points for wwe getting him... gabriel does the 450, which has been brought up about whether hes very nervous doing the move or hes selling it.....the move was banned along with SSP a couple years ago. juvi got fired for ignoring the ban and pulling it off on smackdown

ontopic.... damn im pissed i missed it, was actually wondering about the move and who could pull it off the other day, morrison makes sense as hes a moderatly big guy whos very agile..... but i do feel he needs to get rid of starship pain as his main finisher... i dont know whyyy they had him stop using moonlight drive...move works for both face and heel

No offense to Paul Burchill who is now a firefighter apparently, the move fits John better....he is more quick and agile to pull off the move better....it goes with this repoirtiore alot better than Burchill...Burchill was a technical wrestler and when he did that move it was kind of random imo....Morrison is known for flashy and some technical so it fits his gimmick better......plus he looks better doing it considering Burchill was a heavyweight and John is a light heavyweight

Great move for Morrison. He can use it as a set up for his finishers. He does a better job with the move than Burchill ever did, and Ryder sold it better than anybody I've ever seen before. Morrison is really shaping up and might finally get a title shot, a US Title shot that is. He can use that move kind of out of nowhere, it can be a sort of quick strike finisher that he needs. It's not really fast, but fast enough.

Shit finisher, stupid move. Explain to me how the fuck he pulls that off on Sheamus? Oh wait, he doesn't.

Looks cool, but only usefull with a handfull of guys.

Pretty, but mostly useless. A lot like Morrison.

It's a perfect athletic move that fits Morrison's flashy, agile moveset. I almost forgot that it was Burchill's move a few years ago until reading this thread. I think it fits Morrison better than Burchill though. It's like most have already said; this is a perfect move to set up for Starship Pain. I would have like to see him go back to the Moonlight Drive but C4 or whatever Morrison will call it is alright for me. Also, I find it kind of similar to Kofi's SOS move.

That's my problem with it too. Now I love seeing a big flashy move like most people but when a move requires more effort on the person taking it than the person doing it, that just ruins the suspension of disbelief for me. Take the Canadian Destroyer for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBs3I8kDuw

Yea it looks awesome but the other guy has to do a complete backflip in order for it to work. At least the C4 looks more devastating than that awfully weak looking Starship Pain. He barely even grazes them with his hair. I say let him use the Superkick now that HBK is gone. He's pulled it off quite well before.

If only he would use the nitro kick, his neckbracker, and starship pain as a sig move he will get over.)))He needs some moves that are pretty basic but look good not this shit that doesnt even touch his opponent.Did everyone see his last standing shooting start press ( ik now itsnot called that but cant come with anything else ).He didnt even touch him.He landed his hand on the guy;s chest and the dude made it look like it was some sort of impact in that..And people going "awwwwwwwwwww" in the audience just shows how easily impressed kids are.

If only he would use the nitro kick, his neckbracker, and starship pain as a sig move he will get over.)))He needs some moves that are pretty basic but look good not this shit that doesnt even touch his opponent.Did everyone see his last standing shooting start press ( ik now itsnot called that but cant come with anything else ).He didnt even touch him.He landed his hand on the guy;s chest and the dude made it look like it was some sort of impact in that..And people going "awwwwwwwwwww" in the audience just shows how easily impressed kids are.

i def agree he should bring back moonlight drive(i think thats the name) makes more sense that starship pain... and easier to pull off logically.use SSP and c4 as just sigs

Shit finisher, stupid move. Explain to me how the fuck he pulls that off on Sheamus? Oh wait, he doesn't.

Looks cool, but only usefull with a handfull of guys.

Pretty, but mostly useless. A lot like Morrison.

Damn. I thought I would be the first person here to cut on JoMo.

Fact is, he is a spot monkey of the highest caliber. C4? Standing SSP? Starship Pain? All things that the marks and smarks goo their pants over. Spot Monkey, just like Jeff Hardy used to be. Unfortunately, Hardy caught some fire, and some how got pushed. Morrison will not-at least if there is any justice.

I like seein flashy moves...in cruiserweight contests. Moves like that have no place in WWE. (Borne's SSP and Gabriel's 450 are the exceptions, because they come from the top, and actually look like they could carry some impact) JoMo just does them to get a weak pop.

If people watched the Indies, when they saw that, they'd be like "oh...I saw X do the Y years ago in ROH/CZW/PWG".

Understand, I think JoMo is talented, and can be very charismatic on the mic. I just think he needs to stop doing this spot monkey BS. He needs to wrestle...not fly around.

The Nitro Boost kick was sweet, as was the moonlight drive.

If he starts using the C4 consistently, mark my words, it is only a matter of time before he starts using the Canadian Destroyer.

The Move is solid but i doubt Morrison can pull the move off on everyone on the roster, lets see Morrison do it to Khali, Big Show or Taker.

The fact is the reason why Burchill was stopped from doing that move is because it looked terrible, Burchill is a big guy and couldn't keep doing that move without dropping himself on his head, Morrison is a much lighter guy and sometimes is comparable to AJ styles because he can do phenominal things.

If the C4 is used sparingly it can be something that can be used to entertain the fans, but as a finisher? I don't think it will work for the guy, He may prove me wrong but i doubt it.

I liked the way Morrison pulled it off. It certainly is more effective than Starship Pain, which is only great when he can fully connect his opponent and not just graze him. I don't see it as a finishing maneuver because he can't apply it on guys like Kane or the Big Show. I agree with some others before me. The C4 (or whatever he decides to call it, maybe Poetic Chaos or something like that) and Starship Pain can be his signature moves and the Nitro Boost kick and Moonlight Drive can be his finishers.

Frankie Kazarian actually used this move before both guys and yes he was in WWE for a short time and was never beaten...i'll also add he did it off the top rope it was called the flux capacitor...Sooo Morrison never stole the move from Paul Per say..He did pull it off quite nicely so i don't see a problem with him using the move

Umm.. I think Zack Ryder did more to make the move look good. Maybe it is just me and a few other people, but I don't a point to adding that move when the only people he could prolly do the move with are in the lower mid-card on SD. Do you guys want him to be in the lower mid-card on SD? The WWE promotes NXT more than SD..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back