• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jericho & Helms arrested- Matt Hardy involved- all 3 need to be saved by CM Punk

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
13z7luo.jpg

PWInsider.com

WWE superstars Chris Jericho and Gregory Helms were arrested on Wednesday morning at 5in Kenton County, Kentucky.

The two were charged with public alcohol intoxication and spent over an hour at the Erlanger Police Department.

Jericho and Helms had been in nearby Cincinnati, Ohio the previous night for this week's SmackDown taping.

Jericho has been posting messages on Twitter all day with no mention of the incident.

EDIT: Okay, this has gotten a lot more uglier now, and there may be a job in jeopardy here.

The following is from TMZ.com:

WWE wrestler Greg "Hurricane" Helms allegedly smacked several people -- including a woman -- before he and Chris Jericho were arrested at a Kentucky gas station yesterday, law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We're told several people were in a taxi cab with Helms and Jericho when things allegedly got violent around 4 AM yesterday.

Cops say they spoke to several members of the group who told them Helms struck three people -- including Jericho, a man named Gary Kelley and a female passenger named Ashley Storer.

Witnesses told cops Helms ran from the scene right after the violent incident but returned to the gas station soon after, where he -- along with Jericho -- was arrested for being drunk in public.

Cops say Helms was not arrested for the alleged attack because the alleged victims have not pressed charges -- a requirement for an arrest in Kentucky if the police do not witness the attack.

Ashley told cops she did not want to file charges against Helms -- but Kelley told police he's mulling it over and may go after the wrestler.

Edit #2- This just keeps getting better and better:

WWE star Matt Hardy was among a group of people involved in an early morning incident that led to the arrests of Chris Jericho and Greg "Hurricane" Helms, this according to law enforcement sources.

Witnesses told cops Hardy was in a taxi with Jericho, Helms and several others Wednesday morning -- when Helms allegedly struck three people ... including one female.

Witnesses say Hardy took off on foot -- just like Helms allegedly did -- when the cab driver pulled over at a Kentucky gas station and called 911.

We're told Helms came back to the scene and was arrested -- but Hardy was gone for good. Cops are not pursuing any sort of action against Hardy.

As we first reported, the female passenger decided not to file charges against Helms over the alleged attack. Helms and Jericho were arrested for "alcohol intoxication in a public place."

What better way to create dynamic television then by putting these two egos together by taking advantage of a real-life situation like this?

In all honesty, I think they should do it. Not only would it create compelling television, but it could also be a fantastic way to turn Jericho into a tweener character and slowly merge him back into the old Chris Jericho, which was ten times more interesting then this boring persona he plays.

I probably would keep Hurricane out of the storyline, as even though I would like to do it, it would be a conflict with faces and heels together which wouldn't make much sense.

But this has gold written all over it by putting these two egos up against each other on television.

I'd like to know if you would actually go ahead with this storyline and whether you think it might be an interesting way to turn Jericho slowly back into a Face by at least getting him to be a Tweener in this proposed feud.

Do you see potential for compelling television with doing something like this?

Lastly, what do you Jericho marks think about your "Savior" now? :lmao:

I would prefer you make comments on both the storyline AND the arrest, but you can feel free to do one or the other, as long as you follow the spam rules.

We also have a thread in Wrestling Spam on this, as well:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=1754207#post1754207

Oh no...This is not good. Jericho is often fucking up out of the ring recently, with the supposed attack of a female fan last year and now this. And Helms, oh well at least he gets some Velvet loving. I never considered Jericho my savior, that label belongs to the all mighty Bushwacker Butch! This is not good and I imagine Helms might be jobbing to the woo woo man on ECW for a while or even released, and Jericho well maybe they will let it slide as they did nothing to Orton for the supposed gum spitting incident. I don't see the big deal though as long as they weren't driving.

Well I guess he isn't that righteous after all? Anyway I wouldn't mind this at all. It's HIGHLY unlikely that something like this would actually happen, but it would make for great television. Imagine CM Punk converting Jericho after all the shit he's talked about the fans....it would be a priceless moment, and imagine the pop that would come from all of this. I don't think throwing Helms in there would hurt. After he's converted, WWE will probably find something else for him to do, and put the focus back on Jericho.

Seriously, Jericho needs a change in his character. The whole righteous man in a suite routine has been stale for a very long time now. I've said this before in another thread, but I'll say it here again, this routine reached it's peak during his feud with HBK in 2008. WWE tried to re capture the magic when he had that short feud with Cena, but it never really took off. Whether he becomes a face or a tweener, it's time for the man who says he's "the best in the world at what he does" to change.

anyone else think this is a stupid law?

they weren't driving... they didn't appear to be starting any fights. if they're at a bar getting drunk... eventually they had to leave. sounds to me like some high cops trying to get their names out by arresting some famous folk.

they did nothing wrong.

I think this would be hilarious to the WWE universe. Vince would be a smart fellow for capitalizing on this like he did with Jeff and even R-Truth and MVP. Jericho would have a new beginning for himself and instead of being on losing streak he would start winning thanks to Punk. With his new aditude he could jump back to the main event spot and be drafted to Raw to feud with HHH and win. Most importantly his hair would be gone. The savior needs to be saved! Save yourself Y2J!

What better way to create dynamic television then by putting these two egos together by taking advantage of a real-life situation like this?

In all honesty, I think they should do it. Not only would it create compelling television, but it could also be a fantastic way to turn Jericho into a tweener character and slowly merge him back into the old Chris Jericho, which was ten times more interesting then this boring persona he plays.

I probably would keep Hurricane out of the storyline, as even though I would like to do it, it would be a conflict with faces and heels together which wouldn't make much sense.

But this has gold written all over it by putting these two egos up against each other on television.

I'd like to know if you would actually go ahead with this storyline and whether you think it might be an interesting way to turn Jericho slowly back into a Face by at least getting him to be a Tweener in this proposed feud.

Do you see potential for compelling television with doing something like this?

Lastly, what do you Jericho marks think about your "Savior" now? :lmao:

I think Chris and Helms need to stay inside of the bar when they're wasted. LOL.

Anyway, while I still enjoy Chris' character, putting him up against CM Punk as a tweener right now, using this incident could be potentially hilarious.

Imagine Punk going on and on about Chris not being such a righteous man because he's weak enough to drink and get arrested.

Meanwhile, Chris can accuse Punk of being a hypocrite because 1.) Caffeine is a drug, and 2.) Drinking all that Pepsi is raising the risk of diabetes, so how healthy is straight-edge?

Punk can say he only drinks Diet Pepsi and so on.

Chris can say Punk isn't saving anyone by making them his non-smoking band of sheep.

Punk can retort that no one respects Jericho enough to follow HIM.

Jericho can claim that Punk must respect him cause he's riding his old 'Savior of the WWE Universe' cause as they speak ( I know that's kinda smarky, but that would be interesting to hear ).

Sounds funny, but Edge is coming back as a face, so I doubt this will even be mentioned.

BTW Sidious, you're mysterious vendetta against Chris Jericho and his 'marks' is always amusing to see :icon_razz:

I don't see why they couldn't make an angle out of this. Punk called out Hardy, I think it would work wonders for Jericho too. Those two could have an amazing feud. CM Punk is pretty much wasted in the tag division. Too bad about Jericho and Helms misfortune. At least they weren't rocking the ganja. Note to anyone that is drinking in Kentucky and go out in public, don't do it. I know from experience dude. Cops in Kentucky will arrest people just for being out late at night. I think even RVD and Sabu got arrested in Kentucky or West Virginia. It's like Mayberry only less lenient.

When it comes to the real arrest of the two all I can think about is Ron White's comment. "I dont want to be drunk in public I want to be drunk in a bar. They threw me into public." Anyway I think public intoxication (when not driving causeing trouble) is a dumb law that needs to be revised.

When it comes to the story idea, it would really only work if Jericho was going to go face. Cause I dont see this working with Jericho alligning with Punk or both being heels. Wouldn't work in my mind.

It's a decent idea, but the main reason it wouldn't work is because the news isn't big enough. With Jeff Hardy, it was weill documented that he had problems with drugs and such so for Punk to call him on it was pretty simple. This is a minor incident in bumblefuck U.S.A. that will barely make news on a site like wrestlezone. Fans would be utterly confused when Punk calls out Jericho about alcohol. It would take pictures on the big screen and mugshots and the like to remotely prove his case.

The issue here, Sid, is that you are thinking like Eric Bischoff. You are thinking that the vast majority of your audience is the internet smarks, and that's exactly opposite of the truth. So while the underwhelming minority of us who are well aware of this incident would find it somewhat compelling, most of the WWE viewers would be very confused and I doubt the story would go over well. The idea behind storylines is to captivate the greater audience and I just don't see how that would happen here.

IMO this is probably much ado about nothing. Puiblic Intox just means you were under the influence in a public space. It does not mean they were doing anything destructive, just intoxicated. So what.

It would be cool to see WWE actually use current, real and relevant material in the story lines. I was always a bigger fan of the blurred lines than the straight up fake shit. However I do not wish to see the old Jericho back. Yeah he was funny and entertaining, I just didn't buy into him as a ME kinda guy. So maybe his character now needs a bit of polishing but he's a much more believable ME wrestler.

And concerning Hurricane Helms....fck the Hurricane. It's a crap gimmick that he's managed to get over. His Hurri-Voice sounds like he's taking one up his Huri-ass. I get it's for the kiddies but christ on a stick enuff already. Gregory Helms was a much better character and I think that persona could actually work well within Punk's faction.

Do I think Jericho should become a face based on the fact that he likes the hooch? Nope.

I'm an east coast Canadian boy who loves the booze as much as the next guy. But pushing a guy as a face based on drinking is the complete opposite of the values that I was raised on. And as long as the WWE is marketing to kids, I don't see such a storyline as being appropriate. Take Punk, for example. While I love his heel persona as an adult, I've never understood how it conveyed the 'right' message to kids.

Great television? For adults, yes. But practically indefensible for children's programming.

Jericho being integrated into the Straightedge Society would be a compelling storyline, no doubt. But it would never work. Jericho is on a higher plane than Punk is right now, and that's hard to determine because they both linger at the top of the upper midcard. The two being associates would just lead to a butting of heads, and that could destroy the Society because it has traction right now.

Besides, Jericho is biding his time until the Rumble or Mania, when Edge makes his supposed return. And the whole purpose of the Society, as it appears to me, is to help Punk prove he belongs in the main event again, and to elevate Luke Gallows and mold him into a decent performer. Perhaps we will see a Gallows / Punk feud out of all this...but never a Punk / Jericho collaboration / feud.

Now Helms, on the other hand, could use a career rebirth once the Hurricane stint comes to an end. He could be a valuable asset to the Society in some ways. But, being serious was never Helms' cup of tea. He is more suited to being a superhero. Going with a bald look and shedding the cape would be a career killer in my opinion.

First of all i totally agree with that person saying that Hurricane used to be good. But i partially disagree with what somebody else said about Hurricane being around for the kids. If Hurricane was there for the kids why would they put him on the lowest rated WWE Show. Plus Hurricane was much better as Helms when he was a heel cruiserweight champion.

Now a Punk and Jericho fued could be very good, after a while. Once this whole CM Punk and Luke Gallows tag team Straight edge Society thing is over. Also once Edge's and Jericho's fued is over. Although if they wait that long the whole arrest thing would be old news by then. So Chris and Punk could have a fued but not over Y2J's arrest. Maybe who is the face of Smackdown or the best in the world or something like that. And neither has to turn face for a good fued. It might be good to see heel vs heel fueds for once (besides Randy vs Sheamus).

So, no I dont think they should start a rivalry yet, I dont think that Chris should turn face now, and I dont think that Hurricane should be involved.

Jericho being integrated into the Straightedge Society would be a compelling storyline, no doubt. But it would never work. Jericho is on a higher plane than Punk is right now, and that's hard to determine because they both linger at the top of the upper midcard. The two being associates would just lead to a butting of heads, and that could destroy the Society because it has traction right now.

Lancer, I thought you had vision, my friend. What's wrong with you?

How would it destroy the Society, just by those two butting heads with Jericho playing a Tweener role and in a "crisis" of sorts (using his real-life arrest) which would be integrated into a storyline? It is absolutely compelling television, and one that Punk would be sure to get a rub from.

Jericho may not be a Main Eventer, but he is probably their top Upper Midcard guy at the moment, and I agree, is regarded slightly higher than Punk in standing. That is why Jericho is bound to give Punk somewhat of a rub while teasing a face turn from Jericho.

Besides, Jericho is biding his time until the Rumble or Mania, when Edge makes his supposed return.

Which is precisely why it makes sense. It gives both Jericho something to do until Edge returns and it helps get Punk over with a rub from working a very mini program with Jericho.

So the plan could be to tease a Face turn from Jericho as he plays a Tweener .... eventually when it appears that Jericho is going to turn full fledged face, then Edge comes in and all Hell breaks loose .... taking on both Jericho and Punk in a segment (obviously with some sort of weapon to clean house).

What a humongous return that would be for Edge .... taking on both Jericho AND Punk!

That will turn Jericho back full fledged Heel again to defend himself against Edge. Punk can then get involved in the feud at times, as well. Then, once Edge and Jericho are done feuding, then Edge has his next feud set up with CM Punk .... another feud we really haven't seen yet.

The whole angle gives everyone something to do and makes for compelling television while teasing a Face turn on the part of Jericho, and builds up to a humongous return from Edge in getting revenge on Jericho and battling CM Punk as well (who may try to attack Edge after Edge goes for Jericho).

And the whole purpose of the Society, as it appears to me, is to help Punk prove he belongs in the main event again, and to elevate Luke Gallows and mold him into a decent performer. Perhaps we will see a Gallows / Punk feud out of all this...but never a Punk / Jericho collaboration / feud.

A Gallows/Punk feud is probably one of the worst things they could possibly do, only because I just don't see potential in Gallows as a big enough Face at this point to make that feud work.

Now Helms, on the other hand, could use a career rebirth once the Hurricane stint comes to an end. He could be a valuable asset to the Society in some ways. But, being serious was never Helms' cup of tea. He is more suited to being a superhero. Going with a bald look and shedding the cape would be a career killer in my opinion.

Agreed here. But after that, then what? I think some people are best suited for their gimmicks as opposed to the "No Gimmick Needed" persona. Hurricane is one of those people who should probably stay in the gimmick and not partake in that storyline.

Really? People are bored of Jericho now? I personally think he was so damn boring when he was a face after turning back from the heel undisputed champion, and I don't think he's athletic enough to wrestle like he did in 2000. Half of what made him funny then was being... well, rude, and with the PG thing he'd have to dumb it down. I just think he's always been a natural heel and in the last 2 years has been the most compelling character the WWE has. I grant you that he has a tendency to become a bit lost when he's between major storylines, but evenso he can out-talk everyone in the company and outwrestle the majority of them.

As for this incident, WWE won't give it the light of day in my opinion. Things of this nature have always happened in wrestling and I don't recall any company acknowledging it because it makes their employees (and by extension the company) look unprofessional.

Hypothetically I think it would make for a good promo to have Punk preach to Jericho but Jericho to resist whilst still maintaining heel status. Jericho's entire gimmick is that he believes he's better than everyone, particularly the fans, and Punk is presently doing the same, so Jericho would probably resent the notion of someone else telling him how to better himself. I've always thought that these two as heels in a long-term feud would be amazing, but of course you can't book heel vs heel long term so it'd never ever happen.

Heel Punk should have been Jericho's new partner instead of Big Show. They would have been an amazing alliance, think of the mic work. At the time Punk also had the world title, and we haven't seen a double champion lately. Jericho could have gone after the IC title to try and match him, been resentful of Punk's singles title and slowly their egos could have cost them everything. I dunno, I'm just wandering further and further off topic into fantasy booking now.

I agree that it seems some policemen saw these two guys and knew who they were and since they were drunk figures they could make local headlines for arresting two drunks from the WWE. It won't hurt Jericho as to me he is still the best in the WWE and unlike others is willing to put other over. As we see this Friday with R-Truth beating Jericho. These things have happened to many WWE stars Santino and Dibiase have both got in trouble for stuff like this over the past 2 years and weren't fired. Therefore, I don't see Hurricane going anywhere. This is just a spot in there own personal record and drinking isn't against the WWE wellness policy. I don't expect any punishment from Vince.

This is total bullshit since they barely did anything. Two guys got drunk at a bar, hold the front page! Christ in a latte.

It COULD make for a good storyline, but I don't think they should further add publicity to a nothing story.

Well first off Why would you put a guy like Jericho in a group like that just cuz he got drunk...not gonna do anything for his career unless he finley gets tired of Punk and they have it out but not gonna work He is better as a heel...

I can see Gregory Helms aka the Hurican't get over unless its with kids.

Put a guy like Matt Hardy in there cuz it could do wonders for him to cut his Hair and change his gimmick and he has been addicted to being the 2nd rate Hardy the one that has lost everything his Girlfriend his title his Brother and who can save him C.M Punk can he could be Punks main guy revamp that sum bitch into a bad mofo not some guy who teams up with a Giant Cluts...V1 ah.More like H1N1 cuz it makes me Sick. I'm tired of this creepy dude with attitude.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bryan Danielson and Kaval aka Low ki in the group it needs to be a group of 6 people C.M punk, Luke Gallows, Matthew Hardy, Bald chick, Bryan Danielson, and Gregory Helms...and call them The Straight Edge society..

They can battle guys that don't agree with the changes they have made...even if its for the better..who knows but its the best storyline WWE has going today. everything else has been done in 2008 and 2009 and of course 1997 which i'm so over already because Bret is fat and vince would really kill him in real life.

He was arrested for being drunk in public? lol What a fucking stupid law, anyway, I also think that a Jericho/Punk fued would be great, along with Jericho going tweener, not exactly kissing up to the fans, but not about to treat them the same way CM Punk does. Basically Jericho fueding with Punk because he legit believes that Punk is just something he trod in.

It probably wont happen, and when I say probably I mean most likely, because Jericho is probably just waiting for Edge to return so that a heel Jericho can fued with a face Edge, meaning that Jericho probably isnt turning anytime soon. So this whole thing would probably be ignored.

You may have noticed an abundance of the word probably in the above paragraph, that's just me covering my bets in case something does come of this. Nothing is set in stone after all.

Whats that I smell a double standard is afoot ! When Randy Orton gets (unfounded and off based) criticism for his "alleged" incident at Kowloons, (the suit will be dropped the kid and Mom were full of crap) Y2J gets excuses made for him, "two guys getting drunk isn't that bad !". While that may be true it's public intoxication and illegal.

Jericho gets preferencial treatment from the IWC because many people feel he is "the best in the world at what he does", but I find it deplorable that he gets a relative free pass with this, and his (multiple) past incidents. While Orton gets demonized by a large number of fans.

I'm sure I'll be red repped plenty for this, calling out the man many people are in love with doesn't endear yourself to fans, but I'm just being honest and to disagree is sheer denial and homerism.

Pot Meet Kettle.

It's a decent idea, but the main reason it wouldn't work is because the news isn't big enough. With Jeff Hardy, it was weill documented that he had problems with drugs and such so for Punk to call him on it was pretty simple. This is a minor incident in bumblefuck U.S.A. that will barely make news on a site like wrestlezone. Fans would be utterly confused when Punk calls out Jericho about alcohol. It would take pictures on the big screen and mugshots and the like to remotely prove his case.

The issue here, Sid, is that you are thinking like Eric Bischoff. You are thinking that the vast majority of your audience is the internet smarks, and that's exactly opposite of the truth. So while the underwhelming minority of us who are well aware of this incident would find it somewhat compelling, most of the WWE viewers would be very confused and I doubt the story would go over well. The idea behind storylines is to captivate the greater audience and I just don't see how that would happen here.

This story IS BIG NEWS ! Check Google and click on news. It is being syndicated across the world. It's on every major news wire service and is going to the papers. WWE viewers are not stupid and know that getting arrested isn't good even if the charge is dumb.

Wrestling information travels as fast as the Internet. So anything that makes it from TMZ.com is major because they are going to milk this story for as long as they can. That is how they create the media frenzy. Plus the parents of the kids that purchase the WWE Merchandise aren't confused.

They look at the wrestlers are role models. So Punk " Play Saving " them would be a wink. And Vince should jump on this angle and quick. I would have them converted at Mania and somehow tie in Edge. Just a thought

Okay guy your right it is illegal and hey guess what they got punished by having to spend a lil time in jail and they will pay a fine...It's not like they spit on a kid..even if that was untrue or not..child abuse and public intoxication are completely different levels of stupid..And to go out and say Jericho gets away with things like this is absurd yeah he beat up a fan that fan attacked him and he had no security not his fault what he is suppose to let a crazed fan hit him your dumb for having posted this you have wasted my time and everyone else who has to read this garbage you are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul...Kettle must have been smoking pot when he wrote this...Plus Orton has had numerous acts of Jackass acts...Lie to your self all you want but Their is a reason why Public intox isn't a huge crime cuz its the safety of you and others while Child abuse is an act upon an Child one who obviously can't fight back what he was 11 yrs old and was an Orton Fan trying to get an autograph..get a life douchebag. Orton just signed a multi million dollar deal so it don't seem like he has been punished in the least..

Well, given the new set of circumstances that just arised, I would not be surprised to see Helms suspended ... or if not suspended, outright released. Assaulting fans in public for real this time? Hell, he didn't just spit gum in someone's face (Orton) he actually slapped several people, and reportedly decked Jericho, as well.

This is what happens when guys with egos get drunk in public.

Helms should be suspended in the very least for a month without pay for this, and Jericho should probably be given a week or two off for this, as well. This is outrageous and there is no way this crap should be tolerated by WWE management.

dbrdss, they put Hurrisuk on ECW cause the hurricane SUCKS!!! Helms would be so much better as Gregory Helms. The hurricane has run it's course. no storm can blow forever, though this one blew for sure. it's time to give up the gimmick.
I like the idea to let Punk go after him and bring helms into the fold. Going after Helms and Jericho and having Jericho reject them could bring a nice little fued together, or progress as Jericho vs. The Society. Edge's return could play nicely into this.
As for the comparing Orton's behaviour to Jericho's.....if you can't plainly see the difference based on the information we have then you haven't 2 brain cells to rub together. Sure Jericho has been rude at times, but I don't ever remember him doing the stupid shit Orton has. While neither may be in the right during those incidents Orton's transgressions are far worse than Jericho's.

I'm not going to comment on the incident itself because everybody has already put in their two cents and I think it covers all sides of the spectrum so that's good enough.

I don't see it working out for the best if WWE decided to use this as material for the Straight Edge Society. Possibly if they just use it as a little jab or short term thing, but not something that they want to go a long way with. The way I see it, there are two (longer-term) options if they did decide to go for it. One is that Jericho is actually saved by the Society and the other is that Jericho opposes Punk and the two feud.

Although I'm sure the promos with Jericho and Punk together in the Society would be epic, it would just make things more complicated if Jericho joined and would kind of ruin what (I think) the WWE is trying to build with the Society. They are rebuilding and building people around this gimmick (e.g. repackaging Festus as Gallows, bringing up Serena) to be followed by Punk, who is their savior. With two holier than thou personalities, who is the true leader? Doesn't work when there's more than one. Plus, Luke and Punk are working together as a tag team, and with Luke being the first one to be saved and join the Society it would be strange if he got left out of the shuffle because a) Jericho is on board and he'd obviously get much more to do than Gallows and b) You'd think Punk would have some allegiance to Gallows since he's been around the longest. Of course if it ever went this way there could be this dissension among the Society and it could lead to them turning on each other and blah blah blah but I think it's way too early for something like that to happen, especially if they want to build the Society as a legitimate threat.

If they decided to have Punk use this against Jericho and ignite a feud between the two... I'm not really sure if it would work. At the moment it's heel versus heel, so one would have to go face if they wanted to do this long-term and I'm assuming it would be Jericho since Punk is leading a heel stable. As Greenlight13 said, it could hypothetically work in the short term with Jericho resenting having someone else tell him how to be better since he already feels that he's the best.

I don't even know if that made any sense cause I'm rambling...

ETA: I was reading the spam thread and though I might as well add this here. If we factor Jericho out, I think it really could work if Punk saved Helms. It would be a boost for Helms and let's face it, the guy could use a shave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back