• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff vs Christian WM25

jameswalsh292

Ice Tiger
OK, this is a what if thread and is simply for fun.

Before Christian returned and went to the ECW brand I read various reports about storyline plans for him. The storyline was that he would be revealed as the one who was trying to harm Jeff Hardy. Pyro exploded in Jeff's face, he was almost killed in a car crash, etc. This was all to lead to the two having a big match at wrestlemania 25.

The story goes, that because of the leak, Vince decided to make Matt Hardy the attacker insted of Christian. The reason behind this was because he was pissed about the leak and thought that Matt would be a good surprise.

Im a big fan of Christian. I was really hoping and expecting big things for his return. This story would have been big for him. Lets remember that Jeff was WWE champ at the time and was massively over.

My question is would you have prefered this storyline over the matt one?

Would this storyline have instantly elovated Christian into the main event scene?

How would the storyline play out?

I believe the storyline would have greatly helped Christian and i believe he would have been put over at WM25. He would obviously have been a heel insted of the face character he was on ECW. Overall I think Vince should have gone ahead with the storyline anyway and Christian would be in a better position right now than what he is currently in.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

I remember really wanting it to be Christian since Jeff was tied up in a story with Edge. I thought with Christian being rumored (at the time) to be returning it would've been ideal to culminate with a Hardy Boys vs Edge and Christian wrestlemania match.

They could've kept the belt on Hardy untill Elimination Chamber then have Edge and Jeff both cost each other a chance to win it. Cena wins the EC, goes on to face Big Show for the World title.

Christian would have been perfect for it and would have made his return impactful. But, Matt Hardy behind it all made no sense at all, which is how I knew he was going to be the one behind it.

I beileve the story ended with a fatal four way ladder match between Jeff, Matt, Edge, and Christian for the belt. This would have been one of the best matches on the card. To see all four of them back together at Mania would have been EPIC.

It would have def been a better storyline with Christian as the attacker but Matt vs Jeff was decent too. It kind of reminded me of the bret vs owen fued, when owen was complaining bret over shadowed him, which was pretty much the storyline with the hardys at the time. The finish for the match between jeff and matt was INSANE... twist of fate to Jeff while his head was put in between the open chair.....OVER!!

I remembered though I was really hoping for Christian to get a good push but I feel that Vince didnt want to becasue Christian was coming back from TNA. Christian has to be the most underated wrestler for the last few years and he can entertain the crowd.. i dont understand why vince gives the mic to ppl who SUCK! anyways just my 2 cents.

I was more satisfied with Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy feud/match at WM 25. Christian was nowhere near main-event level at that time and also Jeff Hardy/Christian match would have been buried as some midcard match on the biggest of the year. At least Matt/Jeff match carried some value due to their history together.

More then that I would have loved to see Edge vs Christian if you asked me, that would have really helped Christian big time and even as a feud/match would have been more interesting then The Hardy Boyz feud. Jeff Hardy should have rather gone on to face Cena for WHC.

My question is would you have prefered this storyline over the matt one?

Yes I really would have rather it been Christian. It seemed like a real letdown when it was revealed as Matt. Their Mania match was pretty good though. I was just hoping that Christian return would have been a big deal and the Jeff storyline was perfect.

Would this storyline have instantly elovated Christian into the main event scene?
I don't know if it would have been instant being that he just came back from TNA, vut it would have helped him get there faster I think. Jeff was a big deal at the time, and a Christian win would have made his return memorable.

How would the storyline play out?
I would have liked to have seen Christian get the win in the feud, but at that time I am sure Jeff would have came out on top to end it. I could have seen it spread out over 3 or 4 ppvs.

Matt vs Jeff at Wrestlemania is a bit of a forgotten classic - great little match. The bump Jeff took at the end (flat on his ass from that high) must have messed his spine up!?! Weird to think matt Hardy was getting a push and win over super hot Jeff in 2009... A year later he was filler again.

I think that seeing Jeff Hardy VS Christian at Wrestlemania 25 instead of the Hardy brothers match could have been interesting. Matt's win in that match ended up doing nothing for him as he never made it further than the ECW Championship, which we all know counted as more of a midcard title. It would have been very good for Christian and could have helped him get into the world title scene faster. He instantly would have gotten the necessary heel heat by doing everything that Matt Hardy did during the actual feud. Christian could have claimed that he set the fire, caused the car crash, and sabotaged the pyro. Immediate heel heat for him follows, and the build to their match goes smoothly.

Christian faces Jeff Hardy at Wrestlemania 25 under all of the same rules that the Hardy VS Hardy match had, Christian wins and has momentum toward a world title shot during the summer. I don't know about it instantly getting him to a title win, but it certainly would have helped him to be involved in this angle and not be stuck on ECW for a year. Matt Hardy ends up just staying on ECW forever until he gets his release and takes up a spot in the Money In the Bank match at Wrestlemania. There's really nothing that Matt did in the actual feud that Christian couldn't have done better. He would have had more to gain from the Wrestlemania victory than Matt did and it all comes down to Vince being stubborn about how he reacts to storylines getting spoiled online. This would have been better than what we got, although the Hardy VS Hardy match really wasn't bad. I enjoyed it.... I'd just have preferred the original angle idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back