Jeff Jarrett

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
I was thinking about tna and obviously double J. He is now 43 and has done pretty much everything in wrestling. I dont have a problem with him but I believe his time as a active wrestler is prob up. He isn't bad but theirs nothing for him to do. Im sorry after 20+ years in the business its just time. With saying that .. I would like him to join the booth similar to McMahon in the early 90's. I def want him involved, just not as a wrestler. Have him be like king and occasionally wrestle. He can do house shows if he likes but I'd rather had joe wrestle any1 else. Thoughts?

jeff has his share of championships. he is also good on the mic. however, i agree with you, he needs to step down. announcing would be a very natural spot for him and would actually make logical step (if the immortal storyline is going to continue).

he REALLY burns up a lot of tv time on impact. even before his mma shit, he was always cutting promos about this that or the other thing.

i think the problem for him now is that his recent pushes seem forced. there is so much younger, better talent than him that it seems like he is simply getting the pushes because of his role in the TNA company.

his feud with samoa joe bores me to death.

if you want a picture of what the team 3d angle is going to look like, watch the jarett/joe angle. its gonna be just as over the top, yet forced, yet not really that interesting.

russo just plain sucks.

So basically what you're saying is Jeff Jarrett should retire at 43. That's all well and good, and maybe he should. However he's probably looking at guys like Hogan and Flair(to name a couple) who wrestled well past the age of 43. I understand where you are coming from in a way though. But I believe he can be used to help put over some of the younger talent. The problem is, TNA doesn't seem willing to start the youth movement just yet. Jarrett could be usefull as a backstage agent/booker or a commentator. But I think as long as he feels healthy, he'll get in the ring and perform.

true that. like paul heyman said " get rid of every one thats over 40"
i think they shouldnt get rid of everyone but alot of them. cause they can get seriously hurt and wont make room for younger talents. except for the ones that are helping young talent like ric flair.

Jeff Jarrett is crap. And he has been for a very long time. He never should have held the WCW title even once. As for his world heavyweight reigns in TNA, sure, he should've had those ones because he was the only one at the time who had relatively any name power.

Fact is though, for a long time now Jarrett has been nothing but a bore. He's boring on the mic. He's boring in the ring. His storylines are boring just because he's in it. He's never drawn a dime. He's not going to start now. He sucks. Plain and simple.

As for the posters who have said that would mean getting rid of everyone else above 40...hell yeah, get rid of everyone above 40. Apart from Kurt Angle. TNA is becoming worse and worse every impact. I'm not going to say it's going to die any time soon because honestly none of us have the slightest clue what their financial situation is like or their relationship with Spike TV. I do know that it sucks though. That's what happens when Jeff Jarrett, and people like him (Tommy Dreamer, Hulk Hogan, etc.) are shoved down the viewers throats week in and week out. In fact, that's when I knew "they" was a bust: The second I saw Jeff Jarrett and Hulk Hogan standing in the ring together.

I have never really been much of a Jeff Jarrett fan whenever he played Face but as a heel I really like him and I am liking his gimmick right now. I find his promos funny and entertaining and I am looking forward to him feuding with Angle. He isn't in that bad of shape and I think he has at least a few more years left in him. His hair cut makes him look a whole lot younger now. Ok that was random but pretty much I just want him to continue with Immortal and not retire for a long time untill his body can't handle it any longer.

Why? Why fix what isn't broken? He's been working great as a heel lately. I think we'd be better off without Abyss than Jeff Jarrett. Jeff has doing a better job at pushing Samoa Joe than Abyss has at pushing The Pope or Hardy has with Morgan. To me he's the most interesting aspect in the Immortal stable. I see no reason to through away a perfectly good character simply because of his age.

When the man who held belts in WWE & WCW, started another company... Now largely works matches due to his out-of-ring position there, & then makes an MMA "Showcase" in that company... Time to hang 'em up.

Jarrett is doing great with his heel act right now. This is amazing JJ at his best. The Dojo spots, I hope this goes on regularly, its great watching him do MMA matches with kids. :lmao: If Flair and Hogan can still keep getting in the ring and falling over, why can't Jarrett still do what he does? I don't see any issue with this. Jarrett can still win people over whether heel or face, and he's still got skills to back up his talk (thankfully). I say let him continue, he's younger than Sting for crying out loud, and Sting and Nash manage to get in the ring. Ain't nothing wrong with the double J. I support him with a guitar in one hand, and a thumbs up.

I'm sorry but I cannot stand Jeff Jarrett. He was never a big deal in my eyes. He tried to fit his way into the main event scene in WCW and look how that turned out! Just like Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett was and isn't fit to be in the main event scene ever! They were more of midcarders than maineventers to be honest. Another reason is because he married Kurt Angle's ex wife and then expected Kurt Angle to forgive him by kissing his ass. Way to be professional Jeff!:(

I'm sorry but I cannot stand Jeff Jarrett. He was never a big deal in my eyes. He tried to fit his way into the main event scene in WCW and look how that turned out! Just like Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett was and isn't fit to be in the main event scene ever! They were more of midcarders than maineventers to be honest. Another reason is because he married Kurt Angle's ex wife and then expected Kurt Angle to forgive him by kissing his ass. Way to be professional Jeff!:(

What do Karen & Jeff have in common? They both gave Kurt great jobs!

Seriously, though, I think Jeff is a way-better guy for main events than Nash, especially now that he runs the company, & Nash is barely signing a new contract.

Someone once said, "Jarrett has broke a thousand guitars, but never drew a dime". This may be true, but his current gimmick is great. The dojo promo with the kids was pure gold. I see him live at the Impact Zone (standard disclaimer: I sit in the seats, don't chant, so don't bust my balls) and the guy is in great physical shape. He sucks as a face, but makes a great heel. He is still entertaining and can still go in the ring, so why should he retire?

Ric-Flair.jpg

What a stupid ass-pull of a gimmick JJ is using right now, he doesn't appear to realize that while he goes on bragging about how he's an MMA fighter, he's still fighting PROFESSIONAL WRESTLERS and not MMA FIGHTERS, though I suppose in angering me so, he's doing what TNA wants to happen in creating heat for JJ...

Jarrett was and will never be that big of a draw. He has a tendency to think more people know who he is than they actually do.

That being said he has always been good in the ring and good on the mic, he usually gets a reaction whether being a heel or face. His current gimmick is fairly entertaining and could only get better if he beats Joe tonight.

He still has some years left and can still put on a decent match, which is more than Hogan and Flair can say. As long as he puts over the younger guys i.e. Joe and Pope, I see no reason why he shouldn't keep wrestling as long as he is being used for the good of the rest of the roster. He would be a good commentator in the future but he shouldn't completely step down for at least another 2-3 years.

I don't care what anyone says – Jarrett's new MMA gimmick is fantastic. Jarrett has always played a heel character well and factoring in how well they're tapping into the world of MMA with this, TNA is successfully double-dipping with Double J and the Double M-A Invitational. :)

Not only that, but without Jarrett, Immortal would be fairly weak if you ask me considering the only three wrestlers in the group (not counting Fortune) are Abyss, Hardy and Jarrett. Big ups to you, Double J.

I don't care what anyone says – Jarrett's new MMA gimmick is fantastic. Jarrett has always played a heel character well and factoring in how well they're tapping into the world of MMA with this, TNA is successfully double-dipping with Double J and the Double M-A Invitational. :)

Not only that, but without Jarrett, Immortal would be fairly weak if you ask me considering the only three wrestlers in the group (not counting Fortune) are Abyss, Hardy and Jarrett. Big ups to you, Double J.

1] I watched JJ do his MMA exhibition, & that was the last TNA I watched. I watched them when Trigg (or whatever his name is) came out with Angle, but this is enough; You lose your standing in the wrestling business to me when you make a major part of your show (including a major person in the actual company) another sport/business entirely.

2] I agree that Immortal would be weak minus Fortune... But do you say that forgetting JJ's place in the company off-camera?! IMO< he is no different from Hogan, still trying to assure his effect on the biz by doing it on-camera &/or in-ring.

I completely agree with you IDR his MMA Gimmick has been fantastic and he is Getting TONS of HEAT, I think his MMA segments are awesome especially the one where he was making the kids tap at the MMA Dojo. Jarrett has a Heel has been great and I have not been this entertained by him in almost 5 years.

1] I watched JJ do his MMA exhibition, & that was the last TNA I watched. I watched them when Trigg (or whatever his name is) came out with Angle, but this is enough; You lose your standing in the wrestling business to me when you make a major part of your show (including a major person in the actual company) another sport/business entirely.
Well I guess you are sitting there in your own little pond all alone there. It's called "branching out". The act of reaching out to aspects of another source of entertainment and then bringing them in and integrating them into your own brand to tap into that audience. It's pretty standard practice, especially in pro wrestling. That's what gimmicks are for. That's why WWE gets guest hosts. That's why on occasion a rap singer will work with somebody from a different music genre. To attract a broader audience and to reach out into a totally different one. Considering Spike also associating with UFC and how they are two parallel "sports", seems like a simple case of putting one and one together. Him spoofing MMA attracts some MMA fans to see "that idiot mock our sport". From there they may find something they like and just like that, you hook a new fan.
2] I agree that Immortal would be weak minus Fortune... But do you say that forgetting JJ's place in the company off-camera?! IMO< he is no different from Hogan, still trying to assure his effect on the biz by doing it on-camera &/or in-ring.
A year and a half ago, TNA wanted him gone for running off with Karen Angle. Regardless of backstage pull or not, he's working. Unlike Hulk.

Well I guess you are sitting there in your own little pond all alone there. It's called "branching out". The act of reaching out to aspects of another source of entertainment and then bringing them in and integrating them into your own brand to tap into that audience. It's pretty standard practice, especially in pro wrestling. That's what gimmicks are for. That's why WWE gets guest hosts. That's why on occasion a rap singer will work with somebody from a different music genre. To attract a broader audience and to reach out into a totally different one. Considering Spike also associating with UFC and how they are two parallel "sports", seems like a simple case of putting one and one together. Him spoofing MMA attracts some MMA fans to see "that idiot mock our sport". From there they may find something they like and just like that, you hook a new fan.

It makes sense for stuff like guest hosts. (Look at WWE bringing Cedric back for the Troops show.) The difference being many of the guest hosts, even those from sports, weren't from competing sports. I look at what Dana says about Brock even perhaps being at WM, & there is no way I'd be trying to connect my sport to that right now.

I think there's life left in Jeff Jarrett honestly. He seems to be in the best shape of his career, and has a great thing going with his "MMA" gimmick. Its funny, but very heelish at the same time. This is a guy who fell so far out of favor with Dixie Carter he was pulled from TV for months, and now he's gotten 2 submission victories over Samoa Joe on consecutive PPV's? I'd say Jarrett is doing something right. He may have a future as a commentator when the time does come for him to hang them up, but the time isn't now. He's an integral part of the Immortal faction and Im actually enjoying what he's doing.

I think there's life left in Jeff Jarrett honestly. He seems to be in the best shape of his career, and has a great thing going with his "MMA" gimmick. Its funny, but very heelish at the same time. This is a guy who fell so far out of favor with Dixie Carter he was pulled from TV for months, and now he's gotten 2 submission victories over Samoa Joe on consecutive PPV's? I'd say Jarrett is doing something right. He may have a future as a commentator when the time does come for him to hang them up, but the time isn't now. He's an integral part of the Immortal faction and Im actually enjoying what he's doing.

I'd say the "falling out..." also had something to do with Mrs. Angle, or whatever wrestler she's with now. As for the victories, you can't say on-mic & on-camera about his place behind-the-scenes in the company, & then expect me to ignore it.

When I watched his recent "MMA Exhibition", I heard that as a commentator's voice... Maybe he can replace whoever loses the King-Cole battle if/when Vince buys the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back