• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Hardy Returning to WWE in 2017?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Hardy is now back and healthier than ever, which is good for TNA but also for WWE. According to Ringside News, Hardy has been telling people that his deal with TNA expires in February of 2017. This had been widely assumed, but with Jeff confirming with people, we now know for certain. On top of this, Jeff has been telling the same people that he plans to return to the WWE when the deal is up.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3336174/ww...ming-back-to-wwe-in-2017/#OGd3j5mgOfiSk6M3.99

--

At 38, coming off another major injury, I can't say I blame him. It makes sense to ride off into the sunset back in WWE on the big stage. He'll probably get another significant payday and help to generate some buzz to keep the momentum going for WWE through this Draft and brand separation.

God I hope not. I have absolutely no interest seeing Jeff Hardy or any of the other former WWE guys who chose to leave and go elsewhere, return there now that they are past their prime. Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Kurt Angle, Mickie James (I realize not all of these are still with TNA, but my point still stands), they are no longer needed in WWE. WWE has a very deep roster at the moment with an abundance of young talent as well as more than enough veterans as well. Guys like Hardy could have remained in WWE and had long and successful careers there, but they chose to move on to greener pastures. Don't get me wrong, I don't fault them for doing so, I totally understand it and for the most part I agree with it. But seeing them come back now, at their ages and physical status, to take the spots of younger guys who have carved their niche in the WWE? Thanks but no thanks. Nero and his brother and their inexplicable accents can remain in the woods shooting fireworks at each other as far as I am concerned.

Nice to see you have an awareness and appreciation for the draft and the brand split in WWE. I thought you were somewhat oblivious to anything WWE. I knew you would come around, eventually.

Define "oblivious". I'm aware it exists. I read a handful of reports to have a relative understanding of what is happening, but I don't watch it. So in that regard, I haven't come around to anything. I'm still not a fan.

I doubt Hardy, or really any of these guys with plans to go out with WWE, are going to be taking the spots of younger performers, though. If anything, wouldn't they be brought in to help put those talents over? I mean, that's mostly how they've been used even in TNA.

Not surprising in the least. Seems like the trend when stars hit their twilight performing years they decide to hang it up back in WWE. I don't have a problem with this as Jeff will more than likely be welcome back with open arms. He's accomplished just about all there is in TNA, so I doubt there will be hard feelings if he decides to go back.

Welp, anytime you can add a Hall of Famer to the roster I think it's important that we jump on that chance, and Jeff Hardy is a first-ballot WWE Hall of Famer.

He is well-known amongst casual viewers due to his notoriety during the Attitude Era, one of the few WWE performers who can say they won the original Grand Slam, and a top draw who left WWE at the prime of his career.

I'm pretty much salivating at the idea of seeing Jeff work with the likes of Seth Rollins, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Kevin Owens, and sooo many more. If Jeff were to return to WWE I'm sure it would be beneficial to all parties and the biggest winners would end up being the fans. He hasn't really missed a beat and he is still the adrenaline junkie who loves the big bumps that really sets him apart from the guys of this generation (Shane and Jeff are in a class of their own). If he want to come back, let's do it sign him part-time and give us the show of a lifetime in Orlando at WrestleMania 33!

I got robbed out of seeing him at WM24 in Orlando (because he was suspended), and again at WM 28 in Miami (because he was back in TNA at this point), so I'd love to get my chance next year at 33, but I digress...

It would be insane of WWE not to bring him in, if he were willing. The rosters at the moment are very thin, an injury drought like we had a few months ago would basically force rapid call ups and rehires, or the show would tank. We're looking at 32 current male performers on Raw, some of which aren't even full time active. and some likely to leave soon, like Jericho. On Smackdown even less, at 25 active male performers.

Add to that, that while those might seem like decent numbers, only a very small percentage is of guys who are even close to main event status. WWE needs Jeff Hardy, he is one of the few big names out there that could make an immediate impact, and move merch in a big way. In the time he's been gone with the huge roster turnover there are so many fresh matches for him to be featured in too...Styles, Rollins, Reigns, Balor, Nakamura, Zayn, Owens, Cesaro ,etc. etc. etc. He could really do a lot for them at the moment. Bring him in as a part timer, let him save the high risk stuff for PPVs, keep him off the house shows, let him travel with his family to help him stay focused (and clean) if they have to, but to me it's a no brainer. Along with Angle, he's really one of only two WWE alums that have huge name value, and still have something left to give that the fans actually want to see.

I hope he's watching what's happening with the Dudley Boyz. Those over the hill geezers are nothing but glorified jobbers who's only job is to put the new talent over. I hope Vince is paying them well to be jobbed out to the entire roster.

I think Jeff is smarter than the Dudley's (then again so is my dog.). He's using this as leverage for his contraction negotations. Me personally, I could give a damn either way. Let him go and use the money to retain and bring in new talent. Matt can go also for all I care.

Lately; the Hardys have been a kind of mental that I think would terrify themselves from ten years ago, and I kind of like it. I realize that they've always been producing home movies in the same vein as the weirdness that was their most recent feud, but every time they produce something it's the type of comedy gold that made Cynthia Rothrock famous. I'm imagining Willow stalking Rusev and Matt honoring the sign from last night's Raw by declaring his obsession with deleting Roman Reigns.

Even with their aloof antics, I imagine that Jeff would be an awesome opponent for Finn Balor or Neville. Matt could get a spot at the commentators table when JBL needs a break, and scare the bejeezus out of Ranallo and Otunga.

They really don't have to do much, their presence will fill a few arenas. Just put over some new talent, go ape with the theatrics and pay the necessary dues for a HOF induction.

I would love to see Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle back in WWE. Both could contribute to the product if used sparingly.

hatehabsforever said:
Guys like Hardy could have remained in WWE and had long and successful careers there

Or a guy like Hardy could have remained in WWE and got stale and ultimately pushed down the ladder to almost oblivion or to a state of boredom such as the likes of CM Punk, Orton, Sheamus, ADR, and other former world champs

hatehabsforever said:
seeing them come back now, at their ages and physical status, to take the spots of younger guys who have carved their niche in the WWE? Thanks but no thanks.

He's around the same age as AJ Styles. Do you have a problem with AJ Styles being in the WWE and having a top spot at his age also?

I'm not sure I'm buying it. We're hearing that the WWE is overlooking Moose because of a past domestic violence charge, but a felony drug arrest and drugged appearance on PPV is somewhat less of a deal? Jeff Hardy is obviously the bigger star than Moose, which counts for a lot. But in the WWE, he's been a dead memory for the better part of the decade. Would today's WWE overlook Jeff Hardy's past transgressions for the sake of filling some segments and having an old familiar face put over some new talent?

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm not saying it can't happen, but I am saying I'll be skeptical of this until I see it.

It all depends on how long Hardy thinks he has left in him and if WWE want him back. He shifts plenty of merchandise so that would count in his favour.

I like the sound of the WrestleMania match he wants with Undertaker, but at the same time I think WWE really needs to start planning ahead instead of bringing guys back all the time.

As someone else said he's done everything to do in TNA, so if he can get one last payday in WWE, why wouldn't he take it.

I'm not sure I'm buying it. We're hearing that the WWE is overlooking Moose because of a past domestic violence charge, but a felony drug arrest and drugged appearance on PPV is somewhat less of a deal? Jeff Hardy is obviously the bigger star than Moose, which counts for a lot. But in the WWE, he's been a dead memory for the better part of the decade. Would today's WWE overlook Jeff Hardy's past transgressions for the sake of filling some segments and having an old familiar face put over some new talent?

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm not saying it can't happen, but I am saying I'll be skeptical of this until I see it.

If there's money, I don't see why not. Hell even some of their hall of famers have done far worse shit over their careers and still get their moments.

Jeff is someone that could generate a huge buzz, top face reaction every night, and could help put some more of those up and coming heel talents over in the way Jericho is helping put over fresh faces. No one is saying he should come back and win the big one, but he's someone that move up and down the card with ease.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3336174/ww...ming-back-to-wwe-in-2017/#OGd3j5mgOfiSk6M3.99

--

At 38, coming off another major injury, I can't say I blame him. It makes sense to ride off into the sunset back in WWE on the big stage. He'll probably get another significant payday and help to generate some buzz to keep the momentum going for WWE through this Draft and brand separation.

Jeff Hardy will be lost and will job like every other Ex TNA wrestler there does seriously! All you wwe marks dream in Technicolor hoping Angle , Hardy , EC3 and Lashley return to wwe titanic seriously they got just enough of a roster to do without and let TNA grow . Wrestlers say a lot of thing to get fans reaction and false speculation but it doesn t mean they will go to wwe
It's called mindplay and toying with peoples mind but I don t see it

Jeff, Kurt and Mickie didn't exactly "choose" to leave, they all fucked up in one way or another. That said, wwf should still recognise them all enough for a swansong final run. IMHO, but I'm not Vince.

Or a guy like Hardy could have remained in WWE and got stale and ultimately pushed down the ladder to almost oblivion or to a state of boredom such as the likes of CM Punk, Orton, Sheamus, ADR, and other former world champs

He's around the same age as AJ Styles. Do you have a problem with AJ Styles being in the WWE and having a top spot at his age also?

Sheamus and ADR are incredibly boring. Orton was doing great before his injuries. Punk was never pushed down the ladder. Punk wanted to be in the #1 spot when there can only be one guy in that spot. He was near constantly in big storylines, he just got supremely burned out.

One of the big problems with TNA was they kept using established guys at the top and rarely made anyone new. TNA needs to grow and though it might be painful, it would actually be better for them to get rid of the Hardys and move on. They seemingly love holding onto the old guys and pushing them hard no matter what.

AJ Styles has not abused drugs and done insanely stupid bumps his entire career. Hardy's body is probably way more worn out than Styles and it would be very hard to trust him.

Jeff'S contract ends in February 2017 from what i read, which is right in the middle of wrestlemania season. Jeff as been very vocal about how he would want to retired in a couple of years and how he would want to get a rematch with undertaker at wrestlemania. WWE no matter what you want to say about them, if a major star like jeff hardy is a free agent and is still able to go, they probably will go a try to sign the guy especially during wrestlemania season when they need megastars from the past to show up. Jeff said that like most former WWE talents, they want to end they're career in WWE so i wouldn't be surprise if by wrestlemania next year, you see jeff in a WWE ring again.

Jeff'S contract ends in February 2017 from what i read, which is right in the middle of wrestlemania season. Jeff as been very vocal about how he would want to retired in a couple of years and how he would want to get a rematch with undertaker at wrestlemania. WWE no matter what you want to say about them, if a major star like jeff hardy is a free agent and is still able to go, they probably will go a try to sign the guy especially during wrestlemania season when they need megastars from the past to show up. Jeff said that like most former WWE talents, they want to end they're career in WWE so i wouldn't be surprise if by wrestlemania next year, you see jeff in a WWE ring again.

I have to wonder if Jeff is still a major star. He was very hot in 2009 (or was it 08, can't remember) but then left. He was not a star for years. I think most would still remember him and cheer but I can't imagine he would be near that popularity he had in 09.

He could be a good hand and is presumably clean but I do not see much value in Hardy anymore.

I can't imagine WWE wasting one of Taker's final matches with Hardy when they have bigger options available (Cena).

Moose is a complete unknown to the majority of the WWE audience.

Jeff Hardy is not. He's a guy, that despite any ability on the mic and past substance abuse issues that killed off his momentum a few times, has always managed to get, and stay, crazy over.

If you're a company looking to make money, what do you do?

I would be overjoyed to see Jeff Hardy back in a WWE ring. He has always been one of my favourites. I can just imagine his music hitting, the roof would blow off the place.

Don't care how long he's been gone, fans still remember him and the Hardy boys. Especially with all the press coverage "The Final Deletion" got, the Hardy's were front and centre for a couple of weeks. People are still talking about it. Also hasn't Matt issued some sort of challenge to Bray Wyatt? Doubt we will see anything come of it, but yea Jeff back in the WWE even for a short period of time, love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back