Jeff Hardy Regains the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

you mean WCW, the wrestling company that was actually having better ratings than WWE. of course some could throw out that WCW ended, but that wasn't solely because of booking. there was an ownership change right from the top that did not want wrestling.

2 of the biggest factors are ratings and making money. if Hardy is helping with those I doubt TNA really cares about what image Jeff Hardy has, especially with kids when that's not TNA demographic.

as mentioned, if Anderson was to keep the belt, who would he have feuded with? he's been partnered with RVD. he's had matches with Morgan. Styles is now face again. what heels are there who would deserve a title shot? there are multiple guys that Hardy can feud with 2 being RVD and Styles.
this isn't the end of Anderson, I guarantee you he won't just go away and fade into obscurity.

The situation with WCW wasn't just about the booking decision. As you said, the ownership of the promotion (AOL/Time Warner) fucked them over when they decided to remove wrestling on their stations.

As for Jeff Hardy champion, yes its probably not a good image to portray on television if you are maketing towards kids, but the Tna demographic is not kids like WWE so it doesn't really matter. Anyways they had no choice to make him the champion because it fits the storyline of Fortune vs Immortal. If Anderson would have retained the title the only thing i could think of happening would have been a heel turn thus him joining Immortal.

you mean WCW, the wrestling company that was actually having better ratings than WWE. of course some could throw out that WCW ended, but that wasn't solely because of booking. there was an ownership change right from the top that did not want wrestling.

2 of the biggest factors are ratings and making money. if Hardy is helping with those I doubt TNA really cares about what image Jeff Hardy has, especially with kids when that's not TNA demographic.
Alright, let's kill this "WCW died because TV execs didn't want wrestling for no good reason" bit. That is a tremendous misconception concocted and promoted by the very people responsible for tanking WCW to avoid viewing themselves as having any blame for WCW's failure. It's a narrative that feeds into the wrestling fan's sense of general derision from the public- "oh, they just didn't want it because it's WRESTLING."

Time Warner/AOL pulled the plug on WCW because of a management change, absolutely. The old management was absolutely fine with one of their divisions losing $80 million a year. New management was focused on making money, and WCW was a branch of Time Warner which was doing the opposite and had no prospects for returning to profitability in the near future. That's why WCW failed. Even when WCW was beating WWE, they were still spending way more then they were bringing in, as they never capitalized on their run by forming relationships with advertisers. (And who the hell was talking about WWE here anyways? What do they have to do with the conversation? Any time someone criticizes TNA, three other people come out with "but the WWE did....")

Advertising, you don't seem to realize, is what keeps professional wrestling alive. (That, and its kissing sister Merchandising.) It's not about "keeping a good image with the kids", although I'm not exactly sure that receiving several felonies worth of non-perscription medication through the mail is something that adults want to emulate either. It's about advertisers not answering complaints from customers about why they're paying money to a company who's glorifying a felon; and yes, customers complain about that kind of stuff. This is the *real* reason WWE went PG; the boards here, which like to see the picture in as simple terms as possible, want to believe that it was for Linda's Senate run, but advertisers have been pushing the WWE since years before then that they could invest more into their product if they didn't have to worry about responding to customer complaints about what they were promoting.

Advertisers don't want to be in the position where they're supporting drug felons, and regardless of how the wrestling world views it, that's how the "real world", with things like "shareholders" and "corporate responsibility" would view advertisers who are supporting TNA with money while they are pushing a drug felon as their #1 draw.

To those asking who Anderson could feud with, what about Hernandez? Or dare I say it, Rob Terry? I know Terry is a joke, he sucks, etc; but with Rob Terry's size, he could look credible as a #1 contender. Or Hernandez, another big guy who just joined Immortal. I know he is feuding with Morgan now but Hernandez has also challenged for the belt before.

I just wish they had Hardy retain at Genesis or they put the belt on Morgan if they were going to have a one month transitional reign. Anderson deserves so much better than this.

I Don´t see why TNA gave this title reign to Jeff Hardy with his court case still on and it may not turn out to his favor.

Saying that, and if he indeed gets declared inocent, a awesome feud between Immortal and Fortune can be achivied, and my opinion AJ Styles should come out on top.

Advertising, you don't seem to realize, is what keeps professional wrestling alive. (That, and its kissing sister Merchandising.) It's not about "keeping a good image with the kids", although I'm not exactly sure that receiving several felonies worth of non-perscription medication through the mail is something that adults want to emulate either. It's about advertisers not answering complaints from customers about why they're paying money to a company who's glorifying a felon; and yes, customers complain about that kind of stuff. This is the *real* reason WWE went PG; the boards here, which like to see the picture in as simple terms as possible, want to believe that it was for Linda's Senate run, but advertisers have been pushing the WWE since years before then that they could invest more into their product if they didn't have to worry about responding to customer complaints about what they were promoting.

Advertisers don't want to be in the position where they're supporting drug felons, and regardless of how the wrestling world views it, that's how the "real world", with things like "shareholders" and "corporate responsibility" would view advertisers who are supporting TNA with money while they are pushing a drug felon as their #1 draw.

It's also the reason why MVP is no longer with the WWE. He served 9.5 years in prison and the WWE didn't want to glorify or intensify his record. Luckily for TNA, however, Spike TV might be more lenient with such issues than the USA network. A lot of their shows are edgy anyway, and nothing has come out about telling TNA to "tone it down."

In terms of Jeff Hardy, why he's heel makes no sense. He's probably TNA's top draw and turning him heel has done nothing to end the chants. He insults the fans, talks about how much he doesn't care and he still gets louder chants than Mr. Anderson or RVD. Still, the storyline makes sense for Hardy to win the belt back as a heel, as the Immortals needed the World Title to remain even with Fourtune.

They didn't seem to have a choice. Hardy was the only option. No one else in Immortal is on his "level". Fortune is way too stacked compared to them and correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't fortune hold the other belts? If Anderson would have kept it, Immortal wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

It was their best option at the end of the day. To say there was no one else is wrong, though. Jeff Jarrett has been nothing but dominate for the past few months, and giving him the World Title at some point wouldn't be far-fetched. Of course, I'd hate it, and I'm sure most of you would too, but the Immortals do have other options. Jeff Hardy is their #1 choice, though, and he'll be champion for the long haul.

The great thing about him, though, is that the A.J. Styles vs. Jeff Hardy match will be a huge attraction; the PPV quality match that we're all looking forward to. Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy, the return match of Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy, and even the ranks of Fourtune would all be excellent match-ups to squeeze out of him. In the end, we shrug our shoulders, but it makes the most storyline sense. It's a shame it was so predictable though.

I can JUST about work out what you mean. Are you seriously suggesting TNA put the World Title on Crimson (a man who has barely wrestled since his debut, is an unknown to TNA fans) or Scott Steiner ahead of the leader of their faction AJ Styles or Jeff Hardy?

I didnt like the way Anderson lost the belt, but as he is a face it had to be to a heel in Jeff Hardy- and it now allows for all the focus to be on the Immortal v Fortune feud. Why would Anderson lose it to another face in Crimson/Steiner/Styles when he is in a bitter rivalry with Hardy?

It doesnt make any sense, and what the hell have Stone Cold, The Rock or Sting got to do with this thread?!

well it would be a shocker wouldn't it why do ppl want wrestling 2 be so predictive hey let some of the lower card talent have ago except of a drug addict who belongs in jail instead of being TNA champ and anyway dont anyone think that TNA is just for WWE rejects and those who have failed drug
tests !!!!

THE PUNK HAS SPOKEN !!! :wtf:

I was never a big fan of Anderson's title run - as short as it lasted. I think it would be a great idea as many others have said for Hardy to feud with a FACE AJ and for AJ to regain the title back. That's what i'd love to see anyway.

Edit: I just PRAY that it is Styles and not RVD (as he has his rematch on this weeks impact I think?). If I have to sit through another RVD title reign I think I might just stop watching TNA until he drops the title. The man is just so boring I find. I don't mind him in the ring but as a champion he's just boring.

This whole thing just seems kind of weird to me. I thought we were in for a long Anderson Title run. Anderson would always go on about his struggles to make it to the top in the pro wrestling business during his promos, so I thought this was going to be his time. Although, Anderson's brief Title reign wasn't spectacular. It was very lackluster, and TNA never made the decision to give him a regular World Title belt, so I guess they didn't think he could be "the guy."

I know Hardy is the bigger name, and now that he is the World Champion again, Immortal will surely gain some much needed momentum, but is this really a wise decision? We all know this guy could be facing some jail time, so TNA would just have to take the World Title off of Hardy again if he winds up having to spend some time behind bars. This might seem like the right move now, but TNA's World Title situation could become a real clusterfuck as time goes on.

I hope this won't bite TNA in the ass like everything else has in the past. Hopefully Hardy's legal charges won't be too severe. It will be pretty ridiculous for TNA to crown Hardy the new champion only for him to serve jail time later on. It is more intriguing to have a heel champion like Hardy as champ then Mr. Anderson. I would rather see Hardy as champion with AJ Styles challenging him.

I like Anderson as a wrestler and even a main eventer, but not as a champion. There aren't many main event heels in TNA now so Hardy is the only solution. It is more enticing to see Hardy vs. RVD or Hardy vs. Styles then Anderson vs. RVD or Styles for the championship.

well it would be a shocker wouldn't it why do ppl want wrestling 2 be so predictive hey let some of the lower card talent have ago except of a drug addict who belongs in jail instead of being TNA champ and anyway dont anyone think that TNA is just for WWE rejects and those who have failed drug
tests !!!!

THE PUNK HAS SPOKEN !!! :wtf:

So, you want TNA to book him like Sheamus?

Where do you come off calling anyone a drug addict that belongs in jail? He's certainly made up for his own past debts by working his ass off in TNA. He doesn't need to be Subjectified by a bunch of people with no real reason to criticize him.

He's a proven draw. He sells merchandise, he is the Randy Orton of TNA. He will continue to get and win World titles since it's HIS company.

There was nothing predictable about his win. Anderson looked strong in every single match he has wrestled as World champion.

I was hoping we'd get a Hardy Boyz vs. Beer Money tag title feud, but with Jeffro taking back the title, that's almost certainly not going to happen. Asides from that, I'm o.k. with this, especially given the fact that it seems were on the verge of an A.J./Jeff feud. That's a mini dream-feud with the potential for some exciting matches. Full Metal Mayhem, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back