Jeff Hardy is Sssmokin'!

It's pretty likely that angered parents are mere hypocrites who themselves are persistent smokers. But that's a whole new subject.

I for one thought Jeff Hardy lighting up on TV was badass. But maybe not his best move when he's facing potential jail charges for illegal substances, but still I applaud TNA. That was an edgy, gritty, wowing move. Bravo.

It's pretty likely that angered parents are mere hypocrites who themselves are persistent smokers. But that's a whole new subject.

I for one thought Jeff Hardy lighting up on TV was badass. But maybe not his best move when he's facing potential jail charges for illegal substances, but still I applaud TNA. That was an edgy, gritty, wowing move. Bravo.

How is it edgy and gritty when Stone Cold basically did the same thing day in and day out? I saw no use for it and it just shows me that TNA can't come up with anything for a character that has way much more potential then just lighting up a cigarette.

You are correct. Ignorance is the wrong way to go. Now, stop being ignorant. While I know it is impossible for parents to keep up with everything in the media, it is not impossible for parents to discipline their kids if they do something that is wrong. It is a parents job to teach their children right and wrong, not TV, not video games. Parents. If you let your kids watch wrestling, teach them not to imitate what they see on WWE, TNA or whatever promotion is around on TV at the time. It's not as hard as you seem to make it out to be. Even talking with my own parents about this, they said the very same things I have. It's your job as a parent to teach and raise them. My own mother just looked over what I have said and agrees. So if a parent is agreeing this is right, then clearly you are being far more ignorant then you are saying I am.

And seeing as you missed my example it seems, I'll repeat myself: When I was younger, I loved Stone Cold. I still do to this day. Do I pour beer down my throat? No, I don't. Why? Proper parenting. My parents knew to teach me that that was wrong and should not be imitated. My parents taught me that solving problems with violence, was wrong. Lessons that are still engraved in me at 20 years old. So while parents can't keep up with the media, they certainly can keep up with what their kids watch on TV, and teach them right and wrong.

Now, back on subject. While Jeff Hardy smoking to the ring is controversial and in horrible timing, for someone being labelled the "Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling" it fits in well. Jeff Hardy, by definition as an "anti-Christ" is meant to be the absolute opposite of whats is correct and right. What he does in that roll is meant to make people hate him. Everything "good and right" about wrestling, Jeff Hardy with this character is meant to be opposed to. So smoking to the ring, looking like he came off the street and has little care for the hero, is perfectly fit for someone calling themselves an "anti-Christ". His look, mannerisms, attitude, and actions in my own opinion as a Christian, fit perfectly with an "anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling". I do agree that it is wrong for him to do it, but thats just it. That's what Jeff Hardy is supposed to do as a heel, is make me feel that what he does is wrong and should not be cheered for.

My own mother just looked over what I have said and agrees. So if a parent is agreeing this is right, then clearly you are being far more ignorant then you are saying I am.

Stop the press!! Your mom agrees with you!! How far-fetched is that??? Lulz.

And seeing as you missed my example it seems, I'll repeat myself: When I was younger, I loved Stone Cold. I still do to this day. Do I pour beer down my throat? No, I don't. Why? Proper parenting.

So you're saying that straight-edged people like you who don't drink is the norm? You couldn't be more wrong. So I guess that Austin influenced more people that you think.

Like I said earlier, there are YouTube videos that exist portraying kids that chug beers the same way Austin did. Next to those videos are ones of kids jumping off their roofs onto other children to mimic a wrestling match. Where were THEIR parents?

My parents did an impeccable job of raising me. I'm financially successful, responsible, and I have a very good head on my shoulders. But then again, I spent college in a cloud of pot smoke, drank about 5 days a week for about 12 years straight, and smoked cigarettes for 16 years. Are you saying my parents did a bad job? They can't stop me from being influenced by the thing I'm interested in. However, television programming can provide the right amount of censorship or good decision-making in order to counteract this. TNA chooses not to.

How is it edgy and gritty when Stone Cold basically did the same thing day in and day out? I saw no use for it and it just shows me that TNA can't come up with anything for a character that has way much more potential then just lighting up a cigarette.

Stone Cold did it 10 years ago. It's edgy NOW. In an era where the biggest company in the world has sing-offs, dance-offs, cartoonish characters, and good guys that are so fruity that it makes you sick.

He's right, I applaud TNA for doing it too. They stick it to all the puss-bags out there who feel so insulted by this.

Guess what, 90% of the kids out there have parents who ALSO smoke. I've seen my parents smoke, I keep seeing it today and I hate it.

Children are impressionable. They'll wear panties on their arms, paint their faces in order to look like Hardy. I've NEVER, EVER seen a child walk around with a joint or a cigarette because Hardy did it. Show me a child that does it and I'll shut the fuck up. If any child does it - it's an idiot. Period. I saw Stone Cold drink and I didn't like him because of the beer, I liked him because it was badass, it was going against the grain. I knew beer is disgusting, but I also knew it was morally incorrect to do it, especially on live TV, and the little rebel inside of me liked that, just like I love what Hardy did at Genesis. It was simply badass.

I don't like smoking, I hate cigarettes. But I liked what I saw because everyone was against it and he did it anyway. That's the attitude he has about smoking on TV, and it's the same attitude I have for being straight-edge.

Stone Cold did it 10 years ago. It's edgy NOW. In an era where the biggest company in the world has sing-offs, dance-offs, cartoonish characters, and good guys that are so fruity that it makes you sick.

He's right, I applaud TNA for doing it too. They stick it to all the puss-bags out there who feel so insulted by this.

Guess what, 90% of the kids out there have parents who ALSO smoke. I've seen my parents smoke, I keep seeing it today and I hate it.

Children are impressionable. They'll wear panties on their arms, paint their faces in order to look like Hardy. I've NEVER, EVER seen a child walk around with a joint or a cigarette because Hardy did it. Show me a child that does it and I'll shut the fuck up. If any child does it - it's an idiot. Period. I saw Stone Cold drink and I didn't like him because of the beer, I liked him because it was badass, it was going against the grain. I knew beer is disgusting, but I also knew it was morally incorrect to do it, especially on live TV, and the little rebel inside of me liked that, just like I love what Hardy did at Genesis. It was simply badass.

I don't like smoking, I hate cigarettes. But I liked what I saw because everyone was against it and he did it anyway. That's the attitude he has about smoking on TV, and it's the same attitude I have for being straight-edge.

^Glad to know I'm not the only one with this same thought process. It fits so well because its so morally wrong. If kids do imitate the drinking, smoking, drugs their favourite wrestlers do, the parents are just as wrong the wrestlers. And D-Man, give your kids the proper moral basis to stand on, and they won't fall through the cracks and know to avoid them when they're older. I was given that base, and I have yet to fall through the cracks. Same with almost all my friends who have also watch wrestling. It's called responseability. While TNA letting him smoke may have been in bad taste, they also knew because it was such bad taste that for someone in the roll of the "Anti-Christ" was perfect. While I applaud you for turning your life around and changing. Being so ignorant as basically saying "Let these kids do whatever they want, they'll just do it anyway" is wrong. I don't condone Hardy smoking on TV, nor his lifestyle outside the ring (I was disgusted by his and Matt's shoot on CM Punk), because Hardy does everything that many of us deem wrong, makes it so right for the character because that is his roll. If you're blind to that aspect, then don't watch wrestling because clearly you don't grasp the ideas of on-screen characters and rolls. It may be wrong to smoke on TV like Hardy did. But in that wrong, is a right for that persona.

I didn't think it was overly controversial, but I thought it sold the attitude Jeff carried to the ring well, e.g. "this will be a cakewalk".

The fact he could smoke before a match says "my competition ain't shit", which he obviously thought of Anderson, especially because he just wrestled (and won) the match against Morgan.

I think its hillarious that people can get so bent out of shape about ONE CIGARETTE! It's a cigarette... its not like the guy lit a crack stem or something.

The fact that people can make smoking a single cigarette seem to be such a villianizing action is exactly why they chose to do it in the first place. The fact they can have someone partake in an action so amazingly mundane, everyday, and innocent; yet still have people up-in-arms, it almost seems stupid not to do it.

If you are such an overly protective parent, there are lots of things about TNA's product that you should be concerned about more than a half-puffed Marlboro. People concerned about smoking, while having little-to-no reaction about all the alcohol-swigging, second-rope-seducing, and blood-letting that goes on on a weekly basis are IDIOTS. If one is so bad, than they all are... so stop poisoning your brain with a more mature product, and go watch the PG crap on the other network that is single-handedly killing the business from an adult viewing standpoint.

Oh God this is fun.

Jeff Hardy smoking was the coolest thing he has done in YEARS. Since the swanton off the big ladder. I loved every second of it. "Mr. Anderson, you are beneath me. To prove that, I will come out in my early 90's Taker-tie, light up a cigerette, twist of hate you, then go back home."

He looked like a cross between the Joker and Jimmy Jacobs.

Now D-Man, stop with the kids stuff. If a parent is worried about their impressionable children, they have no business watching wrestling(not just TNA) anyway. And yes I am a parent.

Remember, we are only 2 years removed from WWE running an angle where Orton ddt'd Stephanie and HHH broke into Ortons house with a sledge hammer. Not only are those also frowned upon in society as well, but a major difference is that those are illegal.

Lets not stop there. We have already mentioned Austin and his excessive beer baths. How about Undertaker and his satanic rituals? Vince McMahon and his affairs? Didn't Edge just kidnap Paul Bearer?

How about Michael Cole getting raped?

Smoking is not good for you. Either is getting slammed onto thumb tacks, or jumping off ladders. And yes Jeff Hardy is smoking on Tv, but so is Don Draper and TNA Impact and Mad Men bare the same rating at TV-14.

My god, it's a fuckin' cigerate, I don't see the problem in a heel wrestler coming out to smoke ONE cigerate. Jeff Hardy is not susposed to be seen as a role model, yet Austin was the face of the biggest company in wrestling, when it was most succesful having beer baths.

As soon as heels MUST be role models prowrestling is completely dead. End of story. It is that simple.

Anyone that thinks controversial stuff that gets people talking adds nothing to a story or character or the show are lunatics. That is the whole point and they succeeded ten times over if wrestlezone is any sort of barometer (I do not think it is but many an idiot supposedly brighter than myself has claimed it is). Topics that people hold strong opinions on are the perfect thing to use in prowrestling. The entire point is to get noticed. Jeff Hardy's main job is to make people hate him. None of this is anything new. The TNA moral police are a fucking laugh riot. I said it when this came up last time. I find it way more morally objectionable for a babyface hero to kids billed as the ultimate good guy calls a normal sized average looking woman fat and ugly multiple times for whatever way. But honestly I could give a flying fuck about the morality of wrestling anyway. Kids do not emulate other shows? That could not be more incorrect.

D-Man, You are very right about this. These guys are a bunch of Jeff Hardy marks and to praise him smoking on worldwide TV is just ridiculous. I hate to sound demeaning out here but it's just sad to see the standard of some of these fans. But what really boggles my mind is, HOW IS IT THAT TNA ACTUALLY SUPPORTS THIS KIND OF STUFF? HOW?!!

"Ohhh, well Stone Cold drank beer on TV. Isn't that bad?". Well, at least Stone Cold was able to be at work and not go to court and make a disgrace out of himself. There's no "Attitude Era" so nothing about Jeff Hardy smoking is cool. We probably got some smokers in here. That's probably it...

First off, I'm not against him smoking on TV, but I'm no Hardy mark. The guy is a jackass. And you mentioned him fathering a baby, but neglected the part about how it was with his girlfriend that hes been with for around a decade or so. And also Austin did go to court for beating the shit out of his wife.

I think its hillarious that people can get so bent out of shape about ONE CIGARETTE! It's a cigarette... its not like the guy lit a crack stem or something.

The fact that people can make smoking a single cigarette seem to be such a villianizing action is exactly why they chose to do it in the first place. The fact they can have someone partake in an action so amazingly mundane, everyday, and innocent; yet still have people up-in-arms, it almost seems stupid not to do it.

If you are such an overly protective parent, there are lots of things about TNA's product that you should be concerned about more than a half-puffed Marlboro. People concerned about smoking, while having little-to-no reaction about all the alcohol-swigging, second-rope-seducing, and blood-letting that goes on on a weekly basis are IDIOTS. If one is so bad, than they all are... so stop poisoning your brain with a more mature product, and go watch the PG crap on the other network that is single-handedly killing the business from an adult viewing standpoint.

Yeah considering that PG Show on that other network has been kicking that TV-14 Show ass for who knows how long now. It still has a huge 18-49 audience each week by the way.

I just find it a little silly that TNA has to use Jeff Hardy's problems and flaunt it in front of the world to see. Yeah its one cigarette and im not making a big deal out of it but for them to have their Champion come out and do that is just silly to me.

Of course some of the TNA Fans here think its so cool and so edgy but again im not judging.

As the OP here- I must admit: I never thought this thread would get the play its getting throughout the day. I just got here and reading thru everything. & I wanted to set a few things about MY post straight:

1. I dont like Jeff Hardy in the least. I never thought he was anything more then a guy that jumped from high places- thru things. No character or mic skills what-so-ever!

2. I personally never said it added depth to his character. I only suggested it was the ONE thing hes ever done or said that just screamed HEEL to me...EVER! Only because: smoking is bad...mmmkay? Mr. Mackey ;)

3. Its the 1st thing that Jeff Hardy has ever done as a character (not with a highspot) that made me say: DAAAMN!! I kinda liked that!

4. I hope Hardy continues to do this.

Carry on people!! Keep up the good work!!

First off, I'm not against him smoking on TV, but I'm no Hardy mark. The guy is a jackass. And you mentioned him fathering a baby, but neglected the part about how it was with his girlfriend that hes been with for around a decade or so. And also Austin did go to court for beating the shit out of his wife.

I never specifically called you a Jeff Hardy mark but there's some who are. But whether he's a father of a baby with his wife or not, it's just ridiculous either way. There's nothing cool about it AND it further proves how much of a tabloid disgrace he is. He's proven that point. He's gotta be a jackass too lol, and I wouldn't be surprised...

The fact is, the guy gets away with all the shit he's been pulling off in and out of TNA and that's why he's there: for the freedom. WWE sure as hell wouldn't let him get away with that shoot video he did on CM Punk awhile back, believe me. They got their shit in order. There's just no discipline in TNA.

When has Jeff missed work do to court?

I NEVER said Jeff Hardy missed work for court. I never said that....

But hey, Jeff Hardy's schedule, from what's been told many times, is that he's been had court dates in the way of his TNA schedule. He doesn't necessarily need to no-show or call out from working a TNA show to prove my analogy. The court dates are still there.

I think D-man and others are WAY over reacting to this.

So taking a drag or two off a cigarette promotes illegal drug use? Really? Sorry but that's the most ignorant thing I've ever heard/read. I guess all these crack heads watched a Bugs Bunny cartoon with Bugs smoking. That explains our Drug problem, America... Bugs Bunny!!

As far as the "Kids are watching" angle, that's stupid as well. I have a 13 y/o kid and I wouldn't think of letting my child watch TNA. I only recently let my kid watch WWE when it went to a PG format.

If a parent is up in arms about Jeff Hardy smoking, I have to ask that parent, "WTF are you doing letting your kid watch TNA in the first place!?!" I mean when did it become ok for kids to watch half naked women grind on a ring rope, a man beat another man into a bloody mess with a 2x4 with nails driven in everywhere, a boss who puts his empoyees in danger by forcing them to wrestle with a concussion, a bunch of guys wrapping a chain around a guys neck and hanging him, etc, etc, etc, and the list goes on. Also who the hell lets a kid watch a program with that type of language?

Jeff Hardy comes to the ring smoking. Why am I not surprised? Oh yeah, because it's Jeff Hardy.

My opinion? I think it was an incredibly stupid thing to do. This isn't ECW 1994, stupid shit like that in the modern day society is pathetic. Wrestling already has a bad name with the media and Jeff Hardy isn't making that name become more publicly recognised, not for the good reasons anyway.

For starters, TNA are trying wayy too hard to be a big promotion. Signing all the ex WWE/WCW dropouts to try and make their company expand. I can understand that, it's what every company would want right, expansion? Yeah, no problem; but when their superstars, heel, face or tweener come down to the ring smoking a cigarette it just leaves a thick shitstain on your chances of becoming a successful company.

Jeff Hardy isn't a good role model. Don't give me the shit about TNA is PG14 so we can do whatever we want, because that's bullshit. It doesn't matter what your rating is, you still have kids watching your product that idolise Jeff Hardy. Which little kid doesn't emulate shit they see on TV? I wouldn't even let my child watch TNA if I had one. (Thankfully, TNA will be long gone before I have my first child.)

So yeah, I think Hardy coming to the ring smoking was a pathetic move, and whether Hardy did it off his own back or not, it doesn't matter. It's pathetic. As long as Jeff Hardy keeps playing off this bullshit "anti-christ" character and coming down to the ring smoking, he's infecting people everywhere with his tyranous reign of self-disrespect and lack of respect for the industry he's with. He doesn't even deserve to be walking as a free man. He should have been jailed long ago, but that's another story.

I NEVER said Jeff Hardy missed work for court. I never said that....

But hey, Jeff Hardy's schedule, from what's been told many times, is that he's been had court dates in the way of his TNA schedule. He doesn't necessarily need to no-show or call out from working a TNA show to prove my analogy. The court dates are still there.

Wait I'm confused. What are you saying here? At first you say, you have never said Jeff missed work.... but then you say "from wht's been told many times, is that he's been had court dates int he way of his TNA schedule."

so what are you saying? Has he or hasn't he? I've never read that he has. And if it hasn't kept him out of the ring, then why would it matter for TNA? The allegations took place before they signed him.

So what if the dude has court dates? All that should matter is if he is there when he is scheduled to be.

And if you are thinking you are gonna come back with " He is a role model for children" angle, I'm telling you right now I will throw up.... like all over my computer. HE CALLS HIMSELF THE ANTICHRIST.

Yeah, Jeff is a fucked up dude by all accounts. I won't dispute that. And yes, for his daughters sake, I hope he gets his shit together. Fortunatly for Tna, it's not their problem. He hasn't missed a scheduled match, and is pleaing down so he will miss jail time.

Wait I'm confused. What are you saying here? At first you say, you have never said Jeff missed work.... but then you say "from wht's been told many times, is that he's been had court dates int he way of his TNA schedule."

so what are you saying? Has he or hasn't he? I've never read that he has. And if it hasn't kept him out of the ring, then why would it matter for TNA? The allegations took place before they signed him.

So what if the dude has court dates? All that should matter is if he is there when he is scheduled to be.

And if you are thinking you are gonna come back with " He is a role model for children" angle, I'm telling you right now I will throw up.... like all over my computer. HE CALLS HIMSELF THE ANTICHRIST.

Yeah, Jeff is a fucked up dude by all accounts. I won't dispute that. And yes, for his daughters sake, I hope he gets his shit together. Fortunatly for Tna, it's not their problem. He hasn't missed a scheduled match, and is pleaing down so he will miss jail time.

What I meant to say is that, from what I know, Jeff Hardy has his court dates in the middle of his TNA schedule. I don't know if it conflicts it or not, but it has to be getting in the way of things. You asked me when was the last time Jeff Hardy missed work for court, which I thought you meant if he ever called out or no-showed and I said that I doubt it. I haven't heard anything on it.

As far as him being a role model for kids, I'm not gonna go into that. The guy could be a role model for anyone and I don't care. People do it. But kids did look up to him before he left WWE though. It's what made him popular. A guy like him does need to fix himself. We don't need another Jake The Snake or Sandman. But we'll see...:icon_neutral:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back