• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Hardy Broken Neck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
Wrestlezone said:
Jeff Hardy reportedly suffered a broken neck at Tuesday night's SmackDown/ECW taping. He was scheduled to do an autograph signing at a Best Buy in Rockford, Illinois yesterday, but Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase replaced him. Hardy was also advertised for last night's house show in Rockford, but did not appear. WWE.com is still advertising the Jeff Hardy vs. MVP match for tomorrow night's SummerSlam pay-per-view. We will continue to update you on this breaking story as details become available.

Wow that really sucks. He has already had a bad year. Hopefully this isn't true though. If it is maybe it will be a good thing though, as when he comes back he will be way over with the crowd. If it is true I hope he gets better soon. Man, with all the releases and recent injuries the WWE is looking to be in some bad shape. I've always thought he was a little too crazy for his own good though. Maybe this will help him slow down a bit in the ring.

Shouldn't this be in the SD thread? If this is true, then it looks like he'll be missing a lot of time. Broken freaking necks are obviously one of the worst injuries that you can suffer no matter what you're doing. This is the same injurt that Benoit, Austin and Edge had and they were out for a year or so each. What I wonder though is who does HHH move onto now as it seemed Jeff was the next logical opponent. Either way, I'm saddened to hear this as Jeff seemingly had earned a title run. True shame.

Hmm, I found this online.

"Jeff Hardy apparently has suffered some sort of elbow injury. He had fluid in his elbow on Tuesday and was pulled from the weekend house shows but is still scheduled to wrestle at Summerslam tomorrow."

I hope this is true. This would be a lot better than for him to have a broken neck. It would still be a setback. Hopefully he gets better soon, because he seemed to have his life straightened out and back on track. It also seemed his career was on a major upswing. Now only time will tell what happens. But I feel that he will come back and be even bigger than he was before, with more fan support. Then again he could come back and lost that fan support too, because he might be forced to tone down his wrestling style.

Why does it seem like every time MVP feuds with a Hardy they some how end up injured?, and through no fault of MVP either, first Matt goes out in the middle of a long dragged out fued with MVP over the US title with his apendix or something like that (to tell you the truth I really don't remember), and now Jeff starts a feud with MVP and breaks his neck on SD!, Maybe it's time to keep the Hardy's away from MVP, though Jeff just seems to have come across some serious bad luck over the past year, with the suspension, his house burning down, dog dieing in the fire, etc.

No. No, no, no! Why would this have to happen right now, next to when Jeff was way over with the crowd and almost certainly going to be moving towards a shot at the title. I certainly, certianly hope it's not as bad as it sounds. Otherwise I will have just lost my favourite wrestler ... Jeff was part of the reason I really looked forward to friday night SD! Now, I'm not sure what to think.

Hopefully this isn't as bad as it sounds and Jeff will still be at SummerSlam, and moving onto a fued with HHH. If it's true this is terrible news, he is so over and Jeff is really having a bad time this year.

If we (By we I mean I, and anyone else who is a mark) are lucky then it won't be serious and this will be a WZ misinformation.

If this is true I feel really bad for Hardy. Him being busted was his fault, but then his house fire and his dog dying that just is some rough things to have to go through. Like Hardy or not his is way over with fans and does whatever it takes to entertain them. This would be another loss to smackdown(with Kennedy & Umaga already out)I can only hope this is another WZ mistake and that he countinues to recieve a push to the title.

While I'm no Jeff Hardy fan (to be quite honest I usually flip the channel during his matches and "promos") I hope this is false as nobody should be made to suffer as much as he has lately. I'm not upset that he's missing title opportunities or anything, I'm just upset that the man's life is in shambles.

The thing is, if this is true, WWE must really be hoping Kennedy doesn't need surgery and can come back. Because love him or hate him (I happen to think the man is the next big thing, but that's for another thread) Kennedy is the only person on SD! over enough as a face to be the fan favorite star of the upper midcard right now.

If it is true, Jeff will not be able to be the daredevil he once was when he comes back. Even if it was a 110% recovery, it just wouldn't be logical to continue wrestling that way. And if Hardy's only high flying move is a Swanton, I just don't see him being as over as he is now. This could be a career ending injury, even if he does recover enough to return to the ring.

somebody will probably fuck around and break their neck in that match. too high spot, sloppy ass wrestlers. should be fun tho

^^^^^ :lmao:

Quite possibly the best post ive ever made. Clickie the link to see why.

Welp, if its true, then he is probably done. He has said many times he doesnt enjoy the constant travel, and that his body is all fucked up. And its not like he is in his 20s anymore either. And a broken neck, is uuuuuhh a pretty fucking big deal LOL. A lot of oflks dont even live LIFE properly after that, let alone compete in a pro sport. Given Hardy's set of circumstances, and the severity of the injury in question, I just cant see him coming back if this is true.

However, Im not sure how much stock I put in it. He showed absolutely no ill effects during, or after the match, and im pretty sure if this was true, the news wouldve broke way before NOW. The tapings happened teusday, and this broke saturday??? I call bullshit. We will have to see.

If this is true, and he'll be out for a while...then its official: Jeff Hardy will never, ever have a main event title. He and Kennedy seem to be either suspended or injured EVERY SINGLE TIME that they're ready for a push.

But I really hope that its either a fake-out or its just misinformation. Hardy's been improving a lot lately and I was really looking forward to having him as WWE champ instead of HHH. We'll have to see...but ironically, I said in the General Summerslam Discussion thread that I just had a feeling that MVP/Hardy would get screwed up. This looks like it may do that exactly.

If this is true it came at a really bad time with Mr. Kennedy and Umaga already injured. They might need to push up the debut of R-Truth because Smackdown will be out of US title contending faces. This would also leave MVP without an opponent at Summerslam. I guess some of the younger talent is going to have to step up.

If Hardy had a broken neck...what was he doing at last night's showing?

Anyways, this really sucks. He was getting this big push and then BAM! Injury time. Watch: He'll be out for a while, then Vince makes him start from the bottom of the pile again and work his way up the ladder ONCE AGAIN. Same for Kennedy.

Kennedy (although he may only be out for a little while), Umaga, and now Hardy. SD dying hard, SD is gonna need some of it's younger wrestlers to step it up hard. The troubleisn't who Triple H is going to fight now that Hardy is out, I'm sure they'll turn the Big Show heel and have him feud with Trips. Shelton is who I'm worried about. Hardy, Kennedy and Umaga was all he had to fight, Matt Hardy left SD and it be foolish for him to fight him now, and they have a huge amount of middle card heels, but not really any faces. Perhaps Matt Bourne will be pushed to feud with Shelton, that could make for some exciting matches, or R-Truth when he debuts, maybe the will speed it up for him and start him next week. I suspect WWE will try and also sneak one or two Raw stars to SD. Hopefully Jeff Hardy will go for that surgery Angle used and be back before Wrestlemania, win Money in the Bank, and Challenge Trips to a match right after his victory. That would be an awesome moment, calling right here as long as Jeff Hardy's better before WrestleManie, he wins MITB and challenges a champion that night after their win and wins!!!

Oh fuck no! When i saw that lastest headline my heart sank, just as it did when i found out he was gone for 60? or 90 days around wrestlemania. However something tells me that this isnt true, or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part. I hope its not.

Jeff Hardy was improving so well in every aspect of his wrestling. Especially his promos. However Jeff's return after surgery.. he would be over as fuck! I prey for the love of fucking god that this isnt true.. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. *Fingers Crossed*

:flair: Woooooooooooooooooooo!

Right i must be the only one that senses a heel turn. What is the hardy MVP fued based on? its based on the fact that Hardy does dangerous and foolish moves to entertain the fans. and thats why he isnt and hasnt been world champion.

I think this is a hoax. Hardy breaks his neck comes back as a heel stops doing most of his high flying moves and wins the championship. it could be a good move, who wouldnt boo jeff hardy if he stopped doing the one thing they love about him. Hardy as a heel? it could be good. even if it was only for a couple of months. It could be the best way for him to become champion

Again i think this is a hoax but if it aint it bites, This guy has been through so much this year and this is all he needs. but "I" dont think it is true. but "I" could be wrong i guess time will tell.

If Hardy had a broken neck...what was he doing at last night's showing?

Dude, they taped that match on Tuesday, like they always do with SD!, and the injury happened in the match, well if the injury is real then it happened in the match, please tell me you were aware of that

The more I think about this injury the more I think it can benefit Hardy, if he is injured then maybe it will be a bit of a wake up call, and he will modify his move set, and rely less on the high flying shit

Right i must be the only one that senses a heel turn. What is the hardy MVP fued based on? its based on the fact that Hardy does dangerous and foolish moves to entertain the fans. and thats why he isnt and hasnt been world champion.

I think this is a hoax. Hardy breaks his neck comes back as a heel stops doing most of his high flying moves and wins the championship. it could be a good move, who wouldnt boo jeff hardy if he stopped doing the one thing they love about him. Hardy as a heel? it could be good. even if it was only for a couple of months. It could be the best way for him to become champion

Again i think this is a hoax but if it aint it bites, This guy has been through so much this year and this is all he needs. but "I" dont think it is true. but "I" could be wrong i guess time will tell.

Are you drunk by any chance? Lol, I highly highly doubt they would turn one of the most over guys a heel. Everyone loves Hardy too much for that to ever work, and no one would care for him as a heel.

Anyway, cahnce is its not true. I mean I just realised that it says SD! tapings actually, so specifically this would have happened along time ago. There is no way ... if it did happen it was at recordings, it would have to have been a house show. Truth be told I don't really believe it anymore, now especially.

Are you drunk by any chance?
No not yet... Am i meant to be?
I highly highly doubt they would turn one of the most over guys a heel.
But why not? he could pull it off and it would freshen up his character and when he turns back to a face he will be more over then ever
Everyone loves Hardy too much for that to ever work,
but if he stopped doing the one thing that makes him entertaining they will boo him he could get massive heat if he become a normal wrestler after being a high flyer.
and no one would care for him as a heel.
Why. how do you know that for sure? HBK is over right now but if he turned heel he could be massive and hated as well as be popular. I think it could work and people would want to watch his matches just longing for the day he comes back to normal.

but if he stopped doing the one thing that makes him entertaining they will boo him he could get massive heat if he become a normal wrestler after being a high flyer.

That might turn him heel, but it would also make his matches extremely boring. What point is there to turn him heel and make his matches suck. I can't even imagine a Jeff Hardy match where he doesn't do some high flying move.

It was going to happen at some point. He's been walking around like Kevin Nash for 8 years now, so for him to only just get a broken kneck is quite something. If anything it should be celebrated. All those blown spots and this is first major injury. Well done to him. It's better than somebody like Rhino. Before he broke his kneck he was feuding with The Rock, when he came back he was never more than a mid card wrestler. At least Jeff Hardy will come back and probably get a world title within a couple of months.

Man, if this is true, then i feel so sorry for Jeff. He's come so far in the last 8 or so months, and had so many other issues along the way and has worked so hard to overcome them. 2008 really is not Jeff's year.
With Jeff, Ken and Umaga gone this may open a massive spot for other guys to rise up i.e Shelton, Kendrick, Killings (though hopefully Ken and Umaga will be back before Ron debuts). Shelton is already getting heat for not stepping up his game, and this is his golden opportunity to do just that.

Who's HHH going to move on to? House show schedules suggest Big Show (who's been doing nothin l8ly) but if not then the answer will surely be Taker i would assume. I can't see Edge bein around much after HIAC and who's Taker going to fued with? Otherwise, it should definitely be MVP imo. Guys like him and Morrison need to be pushed to the next level now i think

Man, if this is true, then i feel so sorry for Jeff. He's come so far in the last 8 or so months, and had so many other issues along the way and has worked so hard to overcome them.

How do you know he's overcome his problems? One more suspension and he's gone, so maybe, just maybe he get's similar drug tests to somebody like Batista. And problems Jeff has had are all donw to him. He doesn't have to do drugs, he also doesn't have to be a wrestler. Broken knecks are what happens if you decide to mock fight for a living.

2008 really is not Jeff's year.

The broken neck is probably a culmination of 15 years work of wrestling. So that's an inconvenience. I imagine the house was a bit of a pain as well. But getting suspended was all his fault.

He'll now probably come back with an even bigger drug addiction now.

I somehow think if this is true, Jeff Hardy pissed off some type of Wrestling Karma holder. I mean, seriously he's one strike away from never being capable of being with the W.W.E.. and I'm sure T.N.A. would hire him, but they'd make a public statement that if he ever does that sorta thing they'd cut him.. whether they would is unknown though, doubtful but possible.

At any rate, if he does indeed have a broken neck, I can't see Mister High Risk being the same ever again. Sure, just like Edge and some others he might indeed return to the same risks (you can't say he wouldn't return without some risk, but for Jeff it'd be greater for what he does to get over) however ultimately I just think this is the winding down period in Jeff's career.

I'd be downright shocked to see him still in the business as an active Superstar within a 2 year span from now. I foresee him being forcefully retired by 2010, tops.

With wrestlers like Jeff Hardy, you have to expect the worst and this doesn't surprise me. Fans of Jeff are soon going to realize that he may never hold a World title in his career, he has a reputation for having many setbacks like Mr. Kennedy. First, he was suspended for two months during his big push, then he was drafted to SmackDown which was another step down, and now he supposedly has a neck injury, how can the WWE trust this guy with a World title? Jeff is extremely popular, but in the long run, he is not what WWE is looking for in a World Champion, so I wouldn't be surprised if he and Matt reunites as a team again, or he just stays a Midcarder for the rest of his career.

We will all find out tonight how serious this neck injury is. If he beats MVP, than I think he is going to be fine, but if he loses, than Jeff is on the shelf for another couple of months, with his push swirling down the toilet.

I'm watching Summerslam right now, and Jeff seems to be moving and wrestling just fine, so I doubt his neck is broken. Which is a good thing, because Jeff Hardy is one of the best people on Smackdown right now. The only person better at the moment is Edge, and maybe Undertaker. But Jeff is up there, so it's good that he's not hurt.

There was something said about his elbow too, he seems to be moving which is good, for now. There has been nothing on the WWE website and hopefully there will never be anything because Jeff Hardy is without a doubt my favorite WWE wrestler and to see his career cut short would be tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back