James Storm vs. Robert Roode: Save it For the Big 3?

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
James Storm vs. Robert Roode, very few of us expected that this match would main-event PPVs in TNA Wrestling. Most of us wanted it to happen but I believe that many of us didn't believe TNA would use them properly.

James Storm and Robert Roode are definitely the main focus of TNA IMPACT Wrestling, they are the two biggest players around, you can say that Garret Bischoff and many others like Morgan and Crimson have also the spotlight but I do believe that IMPACT Wrestling focus itself only on these two wrestlers from the beginning to the end of the show, Roode and Storm are the main players.

That's a very good twist in direction for TNA. I didn't expect it to happen, honestly. I always wanted it, but I didn't expect it. I'm proud of both of them. Storm vs. Roode is a feud in the making, we all know it's going to happen, it has to happen some point in the future.

My question to you is this: do you believe TNA is saving the match for one of their top 3 PPVs? I'm refering to: Lockdown, Slammiversary and Bound for Glory.

I can see Roode being busy with Styles for two more PPVs, easily. And after that we have Lockdown in April (is it March? I'm not really sure), Slammiversary in July / August and Bound for Glory in October. This main-event match should happen in my view in one of these threes PPVs. I'm sure about it, if it happened only in Bound for Glory 2012 it wouldn't be for the title, only if Storm won the Bound for Glory Series 2012, which by the way would be picture perfect, because Roode could be champion for a long, long time, and Storm never able to catch him, never able to get a rematch against his former partner, so Storm wins the Series and faces Roode for the title.

But I think that's the most remote option for TNA Wrestling right now, I'm not sure Roode can keep the title for a full year, even if he loses it and wins it back. I'm not sure he will be champion by Bound for Glory. So with that out of the options we have Lockdown and Slammiversary, easily Lockdown could be the fastest option, I'm not sure if it's the best one. I guess Slammiversary would be perfect, Roode could have a 8 months title reign and finally face the man that he took out and beat cheaply for the belt in November 2011.

In your view: is TNA saving this match? If so, when should it happen?

1st I knw I'm nt the only 1 who remembers a few months ago when the report of HHH wanting to sign big name teams tag teams came out and he gushed over bringin Beer Money. If I'm nt mistaken this was right before their big singles pushes. For yrs ppl have been sayin Roode ha5d a world champions look nw TNA listens? Lol

Personally I think Impact won't take it much farther.. They will go in different directions.. Remember the old WCW days right before it tanked? They never finished fueds then either, and this one won't be finished either.. the writing and booking for Impact is horrible!

Personally I think Impact won't take it much farther.. They will go in different directions.. Remember the old WCW days right before it tanked? They never finished fueds then either, and this one won't be finished either.. the writing and booking for Impact is horrible!
When you have a nick like you do, it's kind of dumb to ask this question: but do you even watch the product?

I bet you dont, just one of most WWE fans that seem to think they know everything about IMPACT and never watched the product carefuly. When you do, and you have something important to say rather than the stuff you have said in your post, come back to this thread and say something useful.

And by the way tell me two feuds they didn't end properly in this year, I beg you.

When you have a nick like you do, it's kind of dumb to ask this question: but do you even watch the product?

I bet you dont, just one of most WWE fans that seem to think they know everything about IMPACT and never watched the product carefuly. When you do, and you have something important to say rather than the stuff you have said in your post, come back to this thread and say something useful.

And by the way tell me two feuds they didn't end properly in this year, I beg you.

I do watch it.. Infact I am trying ot get into it.. And dont judge anything based on my SN.. that is what I hate most about this place. Someone says an opinion and they get jumped on like you did me... But ok

Devon and Bully Ray.. that was a cluster bomb, Crimson and Joe.. wth.. AJ and Bully Ray was a hmm ending.. I'm not saying all of them don't end right, but with some fueds.. they start it one week.. completely ignore it for a week or 2.. then come back to it.. Impact has the potential in my mind to be better than WWE.. they certainly lay more on the line.. I just need more wrestling and less talking int he 2 hour slot! Same goes for WWE really!

I do watch it.. Infact I am trying ot get into it.. And dont judge anything based on my SN.. that is what I hate most about this place. Someone says an opinion and they get jumped on like you did me... But ok

Devon and Bully Ray.. that was a cluster bomb, Crimson and Joe.. wth.. AJ and Bully Ray was a hmm ending.. I'm not saying all of them don't end right, but with some fueds.. they start it one week.. completely ignore it for a week or 2.. then come back to it.. Impact has the potential in my mind towore wrestling and less talking int he 2 hour slot! Same goes for WWE really!
So, Devon and Bully Ray ended without a true ending? Bully Ray beat him, moved on. Crimson and Joe ended at BfG, Crimson won the Triple Threat.

AJ and Bully Ray ended with the victory of Bully Ray, Ray then moved on to Mr. Anderson. So? I don't to see the problem here. They had matches on PPV, they had a short term feud.

It's something different if they had a promo and never fought. That's not what happened.

Genesis is treated as a more major PPV as well. Besides, it's not like the feud could not be stretched far enough to reach these shows. Last year Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett had the first match of their feud in Genesis and it stretched out all the way until Slammiversary. That's 3 of TNA's top PPV's. No need to do such an exaggerated postponing of their match.

TNA is going to be around for a while. I'm not claiming they will be around forever, but I don't think they are going to be going away anytime soon. As far as Roode/Storm, I agree they should have this feud build up slowly. I think Roode should hold the belt for a a good, while, and after you finally get this feud started, you should have Roode screw Storm a couple more times for dirty finishes, before having Storm pin him for the belt.

However, I don't think you can have Roode hang onto the belt until next October though...do remember that Jeff Hardy is on the roster, and you're not gonna keep him out of the title picture.

I hope TNA does save this match. It is worthy of a larger show such as LOCKDOWN. Genesis could be good too, if they are unable to hold it off that long. TNA should not rush this feud because it could be one of the greatest angles they have ever done if they book it properly and are patient in how it plays out. They set it up perfectly and it should result in Storm winning the title after a lengthy feud between the two former best friends has gone on long enough. They could begin it at a lesser PPV and then have a huge match such as a 3 Stages of Hell to finish it off at a more important PPV like Genesis, Lockdown, Slammiversary, or even Bound For Glory next year but we all know they will not be able to wait THAT long. I look forward to seeing what happens no matter how short the feud might end up being though.

I would prefer if they save it-look at Angle vs Joe they did it right away it got big buyrates but they had nothing to show for later on. I always thought they should have teased Angle-Joe then built it like Sting-Hogan in WCW for a whole year. But like everything in this company, like a fat guy in front of a pizza, when they thought they had something juicy, they devoured it and there was quickly nothing left. BUT there's not reason to think that they could do it rght away yet, find something afterwards to take it to another level or create something even better with it. Of course, I have my doubt that Impact Wrestling has the creativity and booking abilities to be able to do something great after the feud is over....

I do believe that they will come back to it once Angle and Storm is over with. Roode and AJ have the main event covered at Final Resolution and should be done by the new year. I imagine Angle & Storm will end not long after. Give a new face a chance against Roode for one PPV then build it over a few events.

I suspect it will either end or be involved in a big one on one match at Lockdown. It would be the perfect place to end it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back