James Storm: Likely Winner of the 2012 Bound for Glory Series?

Ferreira

SORRY! About you damn luck!
Hi,

Since December of last year I've been saying that James Storm would be the most likely winner of The Bound for Glory Series of 2012 if they were to repeat what they did last year.

Altough it's not certain they will repeat the series this year, but hopefuly they do, James Storm should be the winner. And why? Well, if Bobby Roode reign as champion will continue for the next six months, which is also not certain, but not that far fetched, James Storm vs. Bobby Roode should be the end of a year long feud between these two guys.

Look, Roode beat Storm at Lockdown and why? Because there will be a rematch! It won't happen at Sacrifice, it won't happen at Slammiversary either, it should happen on the biggest stage that TNA has to offer and that's Bound for Glory. Now this is the problem: how can James Storm fight for the belt again if he lost the only shot he got? Well, the only way it seems plausible is for him to win the Bound for Glory Series like his buddy did last year.

Would it make sense? Of course it would. Storm vs. Roode was the main-event of the 3rd most important PPV of the year for TNA, and even the biggest on pay-per-view sales. So why couldn't they repeat it at Bound for Glory 2012? James Storm fighting the odds and winning the Bound for Glory Series would make a very good and compelling storyline that should be the way TNA should handle Roode and Storm.

Keep them apart until the beggining of The Bound for Glory Series, even make heels try to keep him away from the belt and trying to cost him matches, etc.

What do you think about my idea? Would you like it to happen? Do you see it as a possibility?

I think this is a great idea. TNA has a big problem with creating memorable moments since Hogan has been around. I can't think of the last big "feel good moment" in TNA. Which is why this would be awesome. I would love for it top happen, i just don't see TNA having the foresight to do it. For all we know they could scrap the BFG series and do something entirely different, or maybe nothing at all. It's a possbility, but a longshot that just makes too much sense for TNA to follow through with.

I think it's a good idea, and would definitely provide for a big time pay off for the BFG Series. Bully Ray and James Storm are the only two main event talents that I could see winning the series this year, so I'm all for Storm winning.

My problem is that it further draws out what has been a very lackluster title reign for Bobby Roode. While I think TNA was right to make Roode their 'IT' guy, and have done a lot to get behind him, his reign has yet to really amount to much. It seems like every feud he has been in, be it with Hardy, Storm, even his on again/off again feud with Bully Ray is open ended. Part of good story lines is a good pay off, and compelling closer, and there has to be any with Roode as champion. If Storm were to win the BFG Series, and actually win the title, it would go along ways to showing that not only can TNA close a storyline in proper fashion, but that they are learning how to book things over a long stretch of time, as opposed to the often hot shot style they've used.

All in all, I'm all for this idea.

i was actullay thinking this would happen tonight it seems like storm might be taking a little bit of time off possibly with the way he left tonight just dropping the mic in the ring and walking away and he could come back in time for the BFG series (which hopefully ends up happening sense it was great last year) i mean why not just give storm the title now if there wont be a rematch on 1 of the big ppv's? :shrug:

Provided that they could keep Roode's reign fresh with new challengers, I think this is a great idea. But of course, after such a massive build, they'd HAVE to pull the trigger on Storm this time. The match itself would need to be nothing short of brutal and epic and Storm would have to go over totally clean - perhaps snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Nothing less will do.

5 PPVs until BFG. What could Roode do between now and then? Sacrifice is already taken care of with RVD. The other four? Between Hardy, Anderson, AJ, Angle, Bully and Aries (bit of fantasy booking but how amazing would an Aries/Roode main event at Destination X be - though if the X Division doesn't pick up as a whole, they'll need to have Aries in every bloody match on that card) they can easily keep Roode busy.

Storm? I think he'll dissapear for at very least between now and Sacrifice (he is advertised to be at Sacrifice on TNA's website, but I don't see him having a match). I think TNA has a real problem with top heels at the moment. Besides Roode and Bully, there's very little for a top face to do. Storm has already fueded with Bully and Kurt Angle extensively since BFG last year. Hate to say it, but we need a heel Mr Anderson to level things out a bit and create some fresh matches. Call me crazy, but I really think Storm should be the man to kill off Crimson's stupid streak too. It will be a weight of Crimson's shoulders, and a good way to keep pushing Storm as a real bad mo-fo, not to be diddled with.

Truthfully, this is the way I thought Storm's buildup was gonna go down initially. Its a good idea, but at the same time its going to lead to another series of back stories similar to how the main event was for Lockdown. Granted, I will agree that Storm and Roode will fight for the title one more time, and not anytime soon. I predicted Roode will hold the title all the way to BFG. That will more than likely be when Storm's chase comes full circle.

I'll tell you this much... you can't buy a better feel good moment than giving James Storm—the man who should have won the title at Lockdown this past Sunday—the award of winning it after a grueling BFG series, by defeating his arch nemesis in Bobby Roode. I'm talking confetti, fireworks — the works. It'd all be necessary. Biggest PPV of the year completed by the biggest title win of the year? Yeah, sign me the fuck up.

Seriously, where do I sign? These forms are so damn confusing...

This is a VIRTUAL LOCK I think.

It would be a fantastic storyline. The fanbase should and would eat it up. It would be Storm working to get back in line to get ONE MORE SHOT at his former partner. Everything about it screams that it HAS to be done.

I think TNA has a way of sometimes screwing the pooch and going in the wrong direction (like Storm maybe should already have the gold), but this would be fantastic and would really be entertaining television build up.

Have Roode "scared" of Storm. Not wanting him to win the BFG Series. Getting involved in his matches. But ultimately, we get Robert Roode vs. James Storm at the biggest event of the year for the company.

And I would not have a single complaint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back