• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

James Avery Dead at 65

He definitely played one of the greatest sitcom dads of all time. That character and show will live on forever.

Uncle Phil, Cartoon JYD & Cartoon Shredder...wow I don't know if there has ever been such a giant blow suffered by my childhood nostalgia. R.I.P James Avery, may you float amongst the clouds in the sky as you toss Jazz out of your giant Mansion in heaven.

Damn. One of my all-time favorite characters on TV.

[YOUTUBE]JLkBycpU-8s[/YOUTUBE]

That fucking sucks.

He had that quality of being able to work with comedy stuff and serious stuff seamlessly

Truly shocked and saddened by this news (I might cry my eyes out later) and so will my dad when I tell him tommorow. Uncle Phil is one of the funniest characters of all time, and James Avery will truly be missed. My prayers & condolences go out to his family & friends. Thanks for the laughs & the memories, Big Guy.

R.I.P.

[youtube]-vg7ZAaR7AU[/youtube]

He was 68 (according to CNN & TMZ) not 65, not that that really changes much, he's still dead & that sucks.

That's a kick to the balls. Shredder and uncle Phil gone. Two of my favorite shows growing up.

Goodbye James Avery. He did have a long fulfilled life if you think about it but still sad to see him go early by todays standards.

Thats a bit of my childhood gone right there if I can be a bit selfish to mention that.

All condolences to James Avery's family. They'll really be feeling it at the start of this year. Lets hope it just gets better from here on in.

He was awesome in his role as Uncle Phil.
Definitely provided a lot of entertainment for me in my youth and even as I got older and still watched reruns and stuff.

R.I.P. James Avery.

I was watching Fresh Prince earlier as I saw this thread. It was really quite bizarre to find out someone has died, as you're looking at them.

1012004_280769042076707_752512798_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back